Severly Depressed Friend

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Cairn15

Feb 10, 2021
daughterofthelight.blog
I have a dear friend who is struggling with severe depression, self harm, suicidal thoughts, etc. She is in the hospital for a suicide attempt. She's given up on God. I'm the only person she trusts enough to really talk to...I'm out of words and I just feel so sad for her. Please pray for her recovery and for strength. I understand what she's going through as I went through a lot of the same a couple years ago, but I still don't know what to say to her - pray for words for me.
thanks everyone. :)

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
"Let us pray the Lord allows you the wisdom of thoughts and words of encouragement
for those in need of uplifting, and to know to let them know you are their friend. Let us
pray to know and understand their underlying issue, and hopefully help in confronting
the problem. Let us pray to come together with love and support."
'Amen'
'Praise God'

man-praying - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg

Dec 30, 2020
I'm a retired middle school teacher. Years ago, I had a bunch of students in homeroom come up to me and tell me about their friend who did not attend our school. Their friend had recently lost both of his parents, was depressed, and talked about suicide. I told them that next time he talked to them about suicide to all jump on him getting him in a headlock, arm lock, leg lock, and anything else and to let that person know how much they cared for him and if anything bad were to happen to him how it will break each of their heart. The next day they excitedly came up to me to let me know that my idea worked and to thank me. I explained to them that he was still mourning his parents and probably missing their love. They showed him that he was still loved and that they would feel miserable like him if anything bad happened to him.
I don't know the specifics of your friend's depression but I pray from the bottom of my heart that God will inspire you to do and say the right things to help your friend snap out of it. Don't give up on her , show her that she is not alone, that you care about her, and that if she turns to God for help and trusts in Him to be able to turn her life around, it will happen. She just has to persevere.

Cairn15

Feb 10, 2021
daughterofthelight.blog
I'm a retired middle school teacher. Years ago, I had a bunch of students in homeroom come up to me and tell me about their friend who did not attend our school. Their friend had recently lost both of his parents, was depressed, and talked about suicide. I told them that next time he talked to them about suicide to all jump on him getting him in a headlock, arm lock, leg lock, and anything else and to let that person know how much they cared for him and if anything bad were to happen to him how it will break each of their heart. The next day they excitedly came up to me to let me know that my idea worked and to thank me. I explained to them that he was still mourning his parents and probably missing their love. They showed him that he was still loved and that they would feel miserable like him if anything bad happened to him.
I don't know the specifics of your friend's depression but I pray from the bottom of my heart that God will inspire you to do and say the right things to help your friend snap out of it. Don't give up on her , show her that she is not alone, that you care about her, and that if she turns to God for help and trusts in Him to be able to turn her life around, it will happen. She just has to persevere.
Thank you so much for your comment, it was really encouraging. God's laid it on my heart to just keep loving her no matter what. To let her know that there are people who need her and love her and that the world would be a darker place without her.
I've had several friends, a mom and a sister who have dealt with depression/suicidal thoughts & ideation, but never someone who actually attempted it. *sighs* I'm just scared that I'm gonna lose her. I don't know what I'd do if that happened.... Sorry for the rant, it's just been a stressful year...

Dec 30, 2020
I believe that it is at times like what your friend is going through that people turn to God and surrender their lives to Him instead of just throwing their lives away. Please dear Father, use Cairn15 to help her friend turn to you in this time of distress in her life. Please touch her friend's heart to open up for her a new perspective for living. In Jesus' name I pray.

stepbystep

Aug 31, 2020
Praying for your friend and you too! May God show you the way to be a witness for Him to her

Dec 30, 2020
Just a suggestion: preach repentance for bad discisions and God's forgiveness of sins through belief in Jesus Christ. She can be made whole. All she has to do is believe and trust and then she will get the peace and security that she is looking for. Ask her to pray with you as you pray aloud expressing to God your gratitude for His mercy and grace which is given to us undeserving sinners. Thank Him for providing a way to joy and eternal life that comes from a sincere repentance of one's life , for forgiveness of sins through belief that Jesus' death paid for our sin nature, and for the rebirth that comes with being filled with the Holy Spirit which fills us with that same love that is shared by the Father and Jesus. This life is too complicated to just be happening randomly and our Creator has revealed Himself and His plan for the history of mankind through the Bible. The whole theme of the Bible is to Love God by accepting and believing His plan for the forgiveness of sins and experiencing the reprogramming of the heart when filled with love for God first, and then for our neighbors as ourselves second. These are the two Greatest Commandments: Love God and do everything with love in your heart. That includes your neighbors and yourselves.
I pray that Cairn15 's friend experiences the love of God which is the Holy Spirit reprogramming her heart to turn to God and experience that same love which is shared by all believers. I pray that the Father embraces her in His arms and guides her in her perception of what life is all about , that the God of the Bible actually exists and is active in each of our lives. Father , please baptize this young lady in your name and grant her the repentance that leads to the forgiveness of sins through the baptism in the name of the Son and that she will be considered perfect when standing before the Father because being baptized in the name of the Holy Spirit means born again with a new heart full of love for everyone including ourselves. Obeying the spirit of the law is a lot easier than obeying the letter of the law which is full of rules, ordinances, regulations, etc. Just make all your decisions with love in your heart and you will be obeying God's commandments.

I apologize if I seem long-winded. I just think about your friend and feel that the Holy Spirit is directing me to write this. I just want to help out of love.

Cairn15

Feb 10, 2021
daughterofthelight.blog
Just a suggestion: preach repentance for bad discisions and God's forgiveness of sins through belief in Jesus Christ. She can be made whole. All she has to do is believe and trust and then she will get the peace and security that she is looking for. Ask her to pray with you as you pray aloud expressing to God your gratitude for His mercy and grace which is given to us undeserving sinners. Thank Him for providing a way to joy and eternal life that comes from a sincere repentance of one's life , for forgiveness of sins through belief that Jesus' death paid for our sin nature, and for the rebirth that comes with being filled with the Holy Spirit which fills us with that same love that is shared by the Father and Jesus. This life is too complicated to just be happening randomly and our Creator has revealed Himself and His plan for the history of mankind through the Bible. The whole theme of the Bible is to Love God by accepting and believing His plan for the forgiveness of sins and experiencing the reprogramming of the heart when filled with love for God first, and then for our neighbors as ourselves second. These are the two Greatest Commandments: Love God and do everything with love in your heart. That includes your neighbors and yourselves.
I pray that Cairn15 's friend experiences the love of God which is the Holy Spirit reprogramming her heart to turn to God and experience that same love which is shared by all believers. I pray that the Father embraces her in His arms and guides her in her perception of what life is all about , that the God of the Bible actually exists and is active in each of our lives. Father , please baptize this young lady in your name and grant her the repentance that leads to the forgiveness of sins through the baptism in the name of the Son and that she will be considered perfect when standing before the Father because being baptized in the name of the Holy Spirit means born again with a new heart full of love for everyone including ourselves. Obeying the spirit of the law is a lot easier than obeying the letter of the law which is full of rules, ordinances, regulations, etc. Just make all your decisions with love in your heart and you will be obeying God's commandments.

I apologize if I seem long-winded. I just think about your friend and feel that the Holy Spirit is directing me to write this. I just want to help out of love.

Thank you so much. <3