Sex before marriage after rape???

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

jimmydiggs

Looking back over everything she posted, I think I probably should have been a bit more understanding of the fact that this sexual relationship has really helped her overcome the psychological damage done by the past sexual abuse. I think maybe God does actually understand that. Not that He condones it or allows it. I mean, He may understand the past abuse and everything that have made her seek out this kind of relationship, or appreciate this guy. But He also wants to be Lord of our life.

In any case, Jesus said He didn't come to condemn, but to save. But we must be willing to let go of sin.

So we need to tell her that it's still sin for it be before marriage. A godly man will be understanding and help her in the same way that her boyfriend helped her, but saving the sexual part for marriage (which I understand is an important part to undo the damage previously done).

Still it boils down to choosing God.
I think you were right to contend for the truth: The evils that mankind heap upon us in our personal lives, do not give us permission to do evil ourselves. Her options are to marry or cut off the fornication and wait until she marries.

tribesman

Oct 13, 2011
I think you were right to contend for the truth: The evils that mankind heap upon us in our personal lives, do not give us permission to do evil ourselves. Her options are to marry or cut off the fornication and wait until she marries.
Very important truth.

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
Poi we've made it clear where we -- or rather the Lord -- stands.

You said you're mature but you're speaking a lot of nonsense.

Birth control is an issue for husband and wife, not boyfriend and girlfriend. Birth control is necessary for boyfriend and girlfriend only if they're living in sexual sin. You're following the world, and making your own religion, just like the rest of the world.
Wished I had seen this thread before she was banned. Being as I am a single mom I could say alot to her. She wouldn't like it, but I have been where she is. I know what she is thinking, and I know the hostility she is displaying is no more than a defense mechanism because she KNOWS she is in the wrong.

J

jimmydiggs

Very important truth.
Yes it is. I watched a clip yesterday about bullying in schools. The kid was a little different when it came to facial features, his teeth weren't the straightest, his lips tuck out a little, etc etc... He talked about being bullied, and how he had wanted to bully too because of what people had done to him. I felt very sad for him, for two main reasons: 1) he was subject to bullying and it quite clearly hurt him 2) he wanted to hurt back

I observed a group of high school girls trying to do a similar thing, but it did not succeed for them. I felt sad for them, and wanted to say: "If you are a monster to others, you just might find some day you have made a monster out of them."

Regardless of how a monster becomes a monster, it is still a monster.

So to with our sin.

It may feel better for us, or be more convenient for us to sin. That does not justify doing evil things.