Sex before marriage

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Jesus_Leads

Aug 15, 2021
People are too hung up on civil marriage and worries about chastity anyway. Chastity is for saints, and monogamy as a usual proactive over the number of the population leads to a more stable and lasting society, but the important thing about civil marriage is that modern American legal marriages are always allowed to lead to the corruption of the blood, and the victims in the loyal posterity class don't have a civil recourse. Never mind homosexuality, that doesn't even approach the criminality level of corruption of the blood, because such unions are sterile and don't affect future generations. People need to get over a little dating, affair having, and a few public displays of affection, most of which are hardly serious and have few consequences, or any of long reaching importance.
What you are stating seems like a great opinion fro worldly perspective. It's like when a gay person argued with John MacArthur saying "we have adopted a child as gay parents isn't that good so why make us sinners". Why, because the bible says neither fornicator nor adulterer nor homsexual will enter into the kingdom of God.

In India a criminal who's considered as saint asked "why are you sharing gospel you follow your relegion and we will follow ours. Let people do what ever they want don't force your relegion into them". Sounds very much convincing when you see it from a general perspective but we can't do that because we are called to live a different life. We can't live like the world.

Bible says when we fornicate we sin against our own body, this sin torments our soul. Know the seriousness please don't lead people into hell.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
People are too hung up on civil marriage and worries about chastity anyway. Chastity is for saints, and monogamy as a usual proactive over the number of the population leads to a more stable and lasting society, but the important thing about civil marriage is that modern American legal marriages are always allowed to lead to the corruption of the blood, and the victims in the loyal posterity class don't have a civil recourse. Never mind homosexuality, that doesn't even approach the criminality level of corruption of the blood, because such unions are sterile and don't affect future generations. People need to get over a little dating, affair having, and a few public displays of affection, most of which are hardly serious and have few consequences, or any of long reaching importance.

Encouraging people to sin will not go well on That Day.:unsure::oops:

presidente

May 29, 2013
Wicked thoughts. I don't know what you mean by 'corruption of the blood' unless you mean race mixing.

Same-sex sexual behavior is damaging to society. So is fornication and adultery.

Also, chastity is for saints. Marriage is also for saints. The Bible uses 'saints' for Christians, for those who have been redeemed by the blood of Christ. Many of them who are of the world do not appreciate righteous living when it comes to sexuality.

Butterflyyy

Oct 31, 2019
Racist and downright sinful comments in this post.
This is a Christian site. Jesus wants you to receive Him, then He will give you a new heart and you will be transformed. If the love of God comes into your heart you won’t think like this, you will have far better thoughts which will bless you and others. I do hope you ask Him into your heart; there is nothing more important.
Have you ever read the book of John in the Bible?

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
God established plenty of laws after Adam and Eve... this is no justification for sex outside of marriage.
Never said there was.
So please don't infer that is what I meant.

The op is sex before marriage and not outside of marriage.

Butterflyyy

Oct 31, 2019
Sex before marriage is sex outside of marriage

Butterflyyy

Oct 31, 2019
So Adam and Eve had sex before marriage?
They became one flesh, that was the marriage... the word ‘marriage’ means this... however, God established His rules, in His time and wisdom.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
They became one flesh, that was the marriage... the word ‘marriage’ means this... however, God established His rules, in His time and wisdom.
And that is my point.
As one flesh they were married in the eyes of God?

So what has changed?
Why is one flesh no longer considered marriage after Adam & Eve?

Jesus_Leads

Aug 15, 2021
Were Adam & Eve married?
The bible mentions the first sexual relationship between adam and eve in this way.
"And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD.
Genesis 4:1 KJV"

He knew his wife. She was already his wife so it is not sex before marriage.

Sho125

Nov 26, 2017
Racist and downright sinful comments in this post.
This is a Christian site. Jesus wants you to receive Him, then He will give you a new heart and you will be transformed. If the love of God comes into your heart you won’t think like this, you will have far better thoughts which will bless you and others. I do hope you ask Him into your heart; there is nothing more important.
Have you ever read the book of John in the Bible?

There is no racist and sinful comments on the post.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
The bible mentions the first sexual relationship between adam and eve in this way.
"And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD.
Genesis 4:1 KJV"

He knew his wife. She was already his wife so it is not sex before marriage.
Thank you for that.

However my understanding is that the word "knew" actually means to have sexual intercourse.

It describes an intimate relationship and they probably has already had sex before this.

So I don't think the use of the word knew can be used to say they were already married.

However I would say that If the word means what I understand it mean is that they were married the first time they "knew" each other in the biblical sense probably having already been blessed by God in terms of this is your husband, this is your wife.

Jesus_Leads

Aug 15, 2021
Thank you for that.

However my understanding is that the word "knew" actually means to have sexual intercourse.

It describes an intimate relationship and they probably has already had sex before this.

So I don't think the use of the word knew can be used to say they were already married.

However I would say that If the word means what I understand it mean is that they were married the first time they "knew" each other in the biblical sense probably having already been blessed by God in terms of this is your husband, this is your wife.
Hey, I did not say the word 'knew' means marriage but everyone knows wife means a woman is married right? That's what I said she was his wife by the time they had sex according to Genesis 4:1. Also if you see in Genesis 2 : 22-25. You will see God bringing eve to adam and he said she was the flesh of his flesh and so on. Then immediately the bible potray them as married couple and they were called as husband and wife in 2:25. They never had sex untill then. Even in the case of Issac and Jacob you'll see they never had sex outside or before marriage. Most men of God never do that idiocy. Even if they did it by mistake they paid the price. God hates it.

The way you see marriage as the sexual relationship being the seal for marriage, like having sex is when God seals the marriage is a false doctrine that I heard from a prosperity preacher. I don't remember his name but it's not biblical. Kindly meditate the word of God properly and feel free to ask CC members for any doubts.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
Hey, I did not say the word 'knew' means marriage but everyone knows wife means a woman is married right? That's what I said she was his wife by the time they had sex according to Genesis 4:1. Also if you see in Genesis 2 : 22-25. You will see God bringing eve to adam and he said she was the flesh of his flesh and so on. Then immediately the bible potray them as married couple and they were called as husband and wife in 2:25. They never had sex untill then. Even in the case of Issac and Jacob you'll see they never had sex outside or before marriage. Most men of God never do that idiocy. Even if they did it by mistake they paid the price. God hates it.

The way you see marriage as the sexual relationship being the seal for marriage, like having sex is when God seals the marriage is a false doctrine that I heard from a prosperity preacher. I don't remember his name but it's not biblical. Kindly meditate the word of God properly and feel free to ask CC members for any doubts.

Lord
Which part of me saying that they were having already blessed as husband and wife by God then they knew each other?

Which part of they were married the first time they new each other did you not get?

I did not say they had sex then were married.

Jesus_Leads

Aug 15, 2021
Which part of me saying that they were having already blessed as husband and wife by God then they knew each other?

Which part of they were married the first time they new each other did you not get?

I did not say they had sex then were married.
Are you supporting sex before or outside marriage ?

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
Are you supporting sex outside marriage ?
Are you serious??

Where and why on earth do you think that.

Answer my response.

And FYI no I don't support sex outside of marriage and I don't follow the prosperity doctrine either.

Jesus_Leads

Aug 15, 2021
Are you serious??

Where and why on earth do you think that.

Answer my response.

And FYI no I don't support sex outside of marriage and I don't follow the prosperity doctrine either.
I think I owe you an apology can you accept it PLEASE.
I misunderstood your replies. I thought you were asking whether Adam and eve were married before sex so why oppose fornication. Also when you said why flesh of flesh is not considered as marriage now a days. I thought you meant why sex without marriage alone is not considered as marriage. So I thought you were one of those who said fornication is nothing but inter race sex. I'm sorry

Btw they are telecasting lions & hyenas in animal planet anything about lion will be very interesting, wanna watch?

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
I think I owe you an apology can you accept it PLEASE.
I misunderstood your replies. I thought you were asking whether Adam and eve were married before sex so why oppose fornication. Also when you said why flesh of flesh is not considered as marriage now a days. I thought you meant why sex without marriage alone is not considered as marriage. So I thought you were one of those who said fornication is nothing but inter race sex. I'm sorry

Btw they are telecasting lions & hyenas in animal planet anything about lion will be very interesting, wanna watch?
No need to apologise. I maybe should have been clearer and a bit calmer in my response, I apologise as well.

What channel?