SEX

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
F

flight316

Is there some spiritual reason why sex seems to have so much power over people?

T_Laurich

Mar 24, 2013
I believe its because of the physical relief it has...

When someone gets aroused the promise of euphoria is greater than majority of any other activities....

Thus holding a greater vice on your addiction...

The emotional release of sexual activity is the same effect as being on cocaine...

May 3, 2013
Yes! It is a direct drug set in mind (as long as it works).

That`s all! Nothing as great as those few minutes that takes hours in selfindulgence.

S

ServantStrike

Yes. Biologically the human body releases a ton of dopamine due to sex. There is an intense drive to repeat that experience.

Sexual sin, is additionally, a sin that warps you.

1 Corinthians 6:8
Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.

Sex bonds two parties into one flesh. This was intended to be only one man and one woman. Doing it any other way just complicates things and creates a bond that should not be there.

F

flight316

You guys have given some wise and powerful answers. As I have gotten older and closer to God I. Have abstained from sex. The subject seems to come up in just about every conversation that I have with most people. Young people, older people, women, men, everybody has sex on the brain. The magazines, tv, movies, the internet, everywhere you turn.its been a long time since I was sexually active. My whole outlook on the subject has changed. I guess I was just like everybody else before and didn't pay much attention to how much focus was on it. Now it just seems to irratate me how much focs is on it. At this point it doesn't have any power over me. I feel empowered and thankful to God that it doesn't have a hold on me anymore. I see it for what it is. I look forward to seeing what others have to say about it.

S

ServantStrike

You guys have given some wise and powerful answers. As I have gotten older and closer to God I. Have abstained from sex. The subject seems to come up in just about every conversation that I have with most people. Young people, older people, women, men, everybody has sex on the brain. The magazines, tv, movies, the internet, everywhere you turn.its been a long time since I was sexually active. My whole outlook on the subject has changed. I guess I was just like everybody else before and didn't pay much attention to how much focus was on it. Now it just seems to irratate me how much focs is on it. At this point it doesn't have any power over me. I feel empowered and thankful to God that it doesn't have a hold on me anymore. I see it for what it is. I look forward to seeing what others have to say about it.
You have escaped it's grasp then!

Yes, sex is.... everywhere. You can't leave the house without being assaulted with it.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Yes.
God makes really good stuff.
:)

He created it to forge an incredibly intense bond between two people...
two people who would, in the sanctity of marriage,
traverse all the vast difficulties and pains of life together.

The power of sex is incredibly beneficial in the above context.

When we take it out of the proper context, and just engage in it flippantly,
we have nothing but problems.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Shoot.........human beings AIN'T GOT NOTHING on Nature.........think about it! All of nature REVOLVES around sex.....procreation........that's what keeps it going. Don't think so? Just try getting between a male and a female "anything" during mating season...........