Shall we sin that grace may abound?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Read 2 Tim2:12 if we have his fruits he cannot deny himself. Also read 1 Cor: 11- having the mind of CHRIST GOD Spirit knows his spirit in us.
Amen to that !
Water does not wash away sin. Baptism is not about washing off sin.
I disagree, thanks be to God.
Baptism was practiced before the founding of the church.
Yes, as it was commanded both by Jesus Christ, and by Peter.
The Jews of ancient times would baptize proselytes to signify the converts’ “cleansed” nature. John the Baptist used baptism to prepare the way of the Lord, requiring everyone, not just Gentiles, to be baptized because everyone needs repentance. However, John’s baptism, signifying repentance, is not the same as Christian baptism, as seen in Acts 18:24–26 and 19:1–7. Christian baptism has a deeper significance.
Amen, and I hope you aren' going to start working against that deeper significance.
Baptism is to be done in the name of the Father, Son, and Spirit—this is what makes it “Christian” baptism.
OK, just as it was commanded by the Lord at His ascension into heaven.
When we are saved, we are “baptized” by the Spirit into the Body of Christ, which is the universal church. First Corinthians 12:13 says, “We were all baptized by one Spirit so as to form one body—whether Jews or Gentiles, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink.” Baptism by water, what is normally meant by the term Christian baptism, is a “reenactment” of the baptism by the Spirit.
You have overlapped the baptism of the Holy Ghost with water baptism.
Christian baptism is the means by which a person makes a public profession of faith and discipleship. In the waters of baptism, a person says, wordlessly, “I confess faith in Christ; Jesus has cleansed my soul from sin, and I now have a new life of sanctification.”
source
I don't agree.
My own water baptism was for the remission of my past sins.
It was where I was "immersed" into Christ, into His death, burial, and resurrection.
It is where and when His sanctifying, atoning, justifying, consecrating, blood was applied to me.
It was where and when I was raised with Christ, from His tomb, to walk in newness of life.
Now, I am a new creature !
 
Yes but many don't want to turn from sin so they play silly reformed game claiming they were born sinners and it's not possible for them to stop sinning and so they continue living in sin.
What's shocking is many of these people are proud to be living in sin. It's crazy.
Yeah, but we gotta keep praying that their eyes will be opened, eventually.
Don't tell those following reformed theology. They'll call you names and stuff because they love them some iniquity
OK
 
The power of the Lord never stops being more powerful then the temptation for those that continue to abide in Christ.
Don't you love 1 Cor 10:13 ?
"There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it."
These people are called catholics and reformers.
...among other names.
They bring reproach on the Lord by claiming to the world they are Christians and then living like the devil causing many in the world to think of Jesus they way they do the easter bunnies and santy clawz - fake!
Yep.
 
I have assurance of eternal life, and it's not based on anything I have done or not done.
Many others do too.
But Jesus said..."Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."
 
Many others do too.
But Jesus said..."Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."
You can keep trying to work your way into eternal life. Unfortunately you'll never get there.
 
So you claim to be without sin, but have no guarantee that you will make it to the end without sinning. You claim you are sinless because the Spirit of Christ is within you, but if you stumble and sin it means that the Spirit of Christ was never in you.

Your entire existence is a contradiction. What a miserable way to live.
Are saying that if you tell a lie not planning to tell a lie that you were never saved? Paul said Rom. 7 it is not long I that sins, but the sin that dwells in me. By human nature we sin whether intentionally or by accident.
 
I disagree, thanks be to God.

well la de dah :rolleyes: no kidding, eh? God has nothing to do with you disagreeing. Nothing and I have no expectation you or the get wet to get sinless gang will ever agree

it's very freeing to have no expectations when it comes to those who take scripture according to false understanding and then make
a huge fuss about it

You have overlapped the baptism of the Holy Ghost with water baptism.

Nah. Your response is all wet.
 
  • Like
Reactions: wattie
My own water baptism was for the remission of my past sins.

News flash: Water does not wash away sin but I understand that you are taught that and retain that incorrect teaching.

Water and soap does work for bathing though.

I'm moving on from this idea that water washes away sin. It has been dealt with many times in this forum and no scripture states
that water washes away sin unless you refuse to take into account other scripture dealing with baptism and what it is really about.

Kindly don't expect more from me on your ideas.
 
News flash: Water does not wash away sin but I understand that you are taught that and retain that incorrect teaching.

Water and soap does work for bathing though.

I'm moving on from this idea that water washes away sin. It has been dealt with many times in this forum and no scripture states
that water washes away sin unless you refuse to take into account other scripture dealing with baptism and what it is really about.

Kindly don't expect more from me on your ideas.
I'm thinking spiritual not fleshly
 
Are saying that if you tell a lie not planning to tell a lie that you were never saved? Paul said Rom. 7 it is not long I that sins, but the sin that dwells in me. By human nature we sin whether intentionally or by accident.
I'm not saying that, others here are saying that. However, a lie is not necessarily a sin. There are examples of lying in scripture that were not sinful.
 
Doesn't the pill relieve the cold ?
The point is that eternal salvation happens before water baptism. The baptism is for the fact you already got saved. Compare this acts verse with most of the book of John and parts of Romans. Justified by faith without water baptism.