Share a Fun Fact With Us About Trolls!! :)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Share What You Know About Trolls!

• I am personally fascinated by trolls and study them carefully.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am afraid of trolls and avoid them at all costs.

• I regularly go troll-hunting.

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • When I find a troll, I ___________________ (fill in the blank in your post.)

• I have come face-to-face with a troll and lived to tell about it.

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Here are my tips for surviving an encounter with a troll: (please post your life-saving hints!!)

• Trolls have the following strengths and weaknesses: (please share them in your post!)

• Forget trolls! I prefer gnomes, elves, and smurfs (tell us which one you like best and why in your p

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I feel sorry for trolls. They seem like lonely little creatures who just need some extra love.

• Other--I have a fun fact or comment of my own!

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Hey Everyone!

A friend of mine and I went on a nature hike recently, and one of the trails we could choose from was playfully called, "Troll Trail", complete with a charming little "Troll Bridge."

I was thinking that just for fun, and in order to lighten up the forum, maybe we could share some fun facts about our friends, the trolls? For instance, where do trolls live? How do you recognize them? (I never played video or roll-playing games but I had guy friends who did... I would always get confused over the differences between trolls, gnomes, elves, etc.) What do they eat? Do they really have warts? Do they have hobbies? What are their likes and dislikes? What should you do if you encounter a troll? Maybe we can even dispel a few myths and sort out fact from fiction. I'm sure that trolls, like anyone else, would hate to be misunderstood. Do trolls really eat people? (If they do... I tend to be tough and stringy. Any troll who should be unfortunate enough to make a snack of me will hopefully have quick access to a Tr-Out-House... an Out House just for Trolls... because I would surely meet their daily fiber requirement.)

Now, I am NOT saying we have any trolls here in CC, of course. Most of the good people here make no hesitation to state that they are Christians, and of course, as such, God commands us to follow Jesus as our example. As Christians, we are to edify one another, show compassion, empathize with others' pain, and speak with the intention of lifting each other up. I believe that everyone here at CC sincerely has that intention.

However, it's always good to be prepared "In Case Of An Emergency." So... Just for fun... how should we react In Case of an Emergency Encounter with any trolls?

Feel free to fill in the blank: "My Fun Fact About Trolls is _______________________________________."

Hopefully, we can keep this light and fun. :D My fun fact to share about trolls is that I was always told that trolls live under bridges... and though my friend and I dutifully checked, we did not spot any trolls under the bridge that day. Perhaps they had moved to a nice highway bypass instead.

You should also never get a troll wet (does this mean trolls don't bathe? Further motivation to be cautious) and NEVER feed them after midnight.

OH WAIT!!! Those are Gremlins... Sorry... My bad!!! (For anyone who remembers the "Gremlin" movies...")

Go ahead! Share some things you know about trolls. :) (Yes, I realize I myself might be a bit of a gremlin in disguise. MUH WA HA HA HA!!!!) :p

Liamson

Feb 3, 2010
A person can be a troll and still be a Christian.

A troll is someone who doesn't follow the social etiquette or flow of conversation that we have, typically by posting repeatedly about something irrelevant.

Like if Thimsrebma and NodmyheadlikeYeah were talking about dog parks and dating strangers, then say I come in and post a picture of a mountain lion. I might get a few chuckles but that would make me a troll. Posting random pictures on threads to derail conversation, Make silly irrelevant comments repeatedly to derail conversations or to make inflammatory remarks to encite anger are all troll behaviors.

What separates a troll from "US" is the fact that a troll is either exclusively known for doing these things or he is anonymous, like a flasher in a trenchcoat.

May 6, 2011
This poll is biased! There are no options for actual trolls! Forget this! I can't believe I came out from under my bridge for this!

J

Jullianna

There are all sorts of trolls. Some are actually kinda entertaining, some aren't. I agree that you can be a troll and still be a christian. We christians don't always behave as we should. Shocking, right? :eek:

It is slightly annoying when we have a great conversation going and something goofy derails the thread, but honestly the only thing keeping us from getting it back on track is US. ;)

The first time I see a troll, I think..really??? Maybe they just don't get it or there's been some misunderstanding, so I'll usually give them the benefit of the doubt and attempt to explain. But a wise professor once told me that if you explain something to someone twice and they're still being a jerk, they get it, they just don't like it. At that point I'll just let it go.

And, okay, I'll admit it. There are times when I take out my socko paddle and staple the little rubberbandy thingie to the backs of trolls for my own entertainment. I know it's mean. But it's fun for me. :D I'll work on it. Is there a 12 step program for this??

Seriously though...there are times when it can be easy to mistake someone who is really hurting from a troll. We need to pay attention and discern the difference. When we do it can be very helpful with the patience factor.

Attachments

Aug 2, 2009
All trolls must die. (except those cute fuzzy-hair ones)

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
This poll is biased! There are no options for actual trolls! Forget this! I can't believe I came out from under my bridge for this!

TROLL!!!!!
I am so glad you finally admitted this!

Hommer

Feb 11, 2010
One takes my pew every Sunday............................

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Troll Bait!!! Works every time. ;) Maybe I should have put a disclaimer in the title of the thread... "For Humans Only." :D (And added a second thread later especially for the trolls to answer... As a Christian, I guess it wouldn't be good to show bias!) :)

It's ok, Megatron. We're honored you would brave the daylight to answer. Feel free to go back to your nice, comfy bridge. ;)

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009

TROLL!!!!!
I am so glad you finally admitted this!
Admittance is the first step towards getting help... "Hi, I'm Megatron, and I'm A Troll... Anonymous"--or maybe not so anonymous in this case. I'm guessing it would be a 4-step program instead of 12 steps, as I've heard trolls have a short attention span (another fun fact! Or Fiction?), which is part of why they like to derail conversations (Liamson!)

Hmm... does this mean all trolls have ADHD?

And as for Jullianna, maybe there is also a support group for, "I Sometimes Get The Urge to Abuse a Troll... And I Can't Help It." :D As you can see, I'm big into support groups... Though I refuse to actually join one (the Anti-Social Support Group...)

K

kayem77

I thought trolls lived under bridges too...hmm.
When I find a troll I try to see the reason of the trolling. Sometimes I laugh about the trolling, sometimes it's just annoying. It depends of the troll.
I prefer trolls over smurfs though, when I was little I was scared of smurfs. A cousing told me a story about an assasin smurf and since then I couldn't watch the smurfs on tv.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Smurfs are just hairless blue trolls.

This actually makes a heck of a lot of sense.

If it's true, this means there is only 1 female troll to every 100 or so male trolls... NO WONDER trolls always sound so frustrated!! Not to mention hormonal...

Aug 2, 2009

If it's true, this means there is only 1 female troll to every 100 or so male trolls... NO WONDER trolls always sound so frustrated!! Not to mention hormonal...
Shhhh..Melissa (allforfun) might hear you.

Who can say no to that face :)
I know right? :D

A

allforfun

Certainly explains why we don't see as many single women trolls posting...she has her pick for Friday night.

This was in no way stereotyping trolls. Stereotyping is wrong. ;)

C

christiancollegegirl

Jajajaja!!!