Share Favorite Bible Verses !

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Sherril

Well if you like can you share a favorite bible verses and what it means to you in your life.............Love in Christ Sherril...:rolleyes:

S

Sherril

2 Timothy 1:7 ....For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.......This is one of my life long verses where I have seen my life be impacted by Gods love, His power, and as He has given me a sound mind having the mind of Christ..by being transformed by the renewing of His word...what a Mighty God we serve.....love in Christ Sherril...:rolleyes:

FlSnookman7

Jun 27, 2015
John 14:27 27 [FONT=&quot]Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Jeremiah 33:3 [/FONT]
3 [FONT=&quot]Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not

[/FONT]
:)

S

Sherril

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end......Oh I love this verse how God has His perfect plain for my life as to be his vessel of honor a willing servant, as His hearts desire for me as His daughter is good.....oh I love you Abba ....love in Christ Sherril....:rolleyes:

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
2 of my favourites

Matt 4:4 Man shall not live not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God

Gal 5 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, gentleness,faithfulness,goodness and self control, against which there is no law

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Hi ALL...WOW it`s hard to chose, but Ii think one mine is Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding, In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will set your paths straight...

I clung on to this verse for dear life when I was going through some heavy stuff, I would break it down and say " Yes Lord, I trust in you, my life is in your hands "...xox...

S

Sherril

Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.......This verse God used to transform my mind and to bring about a pure heart before my Father my God.....love in Christ Sherril..:rolleyes:

J

jaybird88

Matthew 18:17
If they still refuse to listen, tell it to the church; and if they refuse to listen even to the church, treat them as you would a pagan or a tax collector.

nothing worse in this world than a pagan practicing their dark evil wicked ways. . . . . or a tax collector!

Laish

Jul 31, 2016
Matthew 18:17
If they still refuse to listen, tell it to the church; and if they refuse to listen even to the church, treat them as you would a pagan or a tax collector.

nothing worse in this world than a pagan practicing their dark evil wicked ways. . . . . or a tax collector!
Ironic isn’t it that the Gospel according to Mathew is written by a tax collector.
Blessings
Bill

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
My favorite verse is that one verse in that book about the stuff where it talks about that one thing.

You guys probably know which one I mean.

S

Sherril

All of Gods word is powerful as His Truth is proclaimed in the earth, every things we need to know how to live a life pleasing to our God is there as we study to show ourselves approved workmen needing not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.....the Holy Spirit teaches us all things. as we are lead by Gods Spirit...John 17:17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth......love in Christ Sherril....:rolleyes:

S

Sherril

Another fav. verse for me is (Philippians 4:13)..... I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.......I worked with youth for Christ years ago at summer camp with the teens we did the Zip lines and walked across ropes way above the ground... I remember thinking well I need to do this even though I was afraid of heights , but God gave me the strength to overcome...and as I walked across this rope I kept saying this verse out loud over and over telling myself with Jesus He is my help....well I made it and God is awesome.....Gods word directs us in all ways, times and seasons of our lives....thank you Lord ...love in Christ Sherril....:rolleyes:

littlestarsmum

Oct 19, 2016
Hi Sherril, thanks for sharing your favorite verses. Though I have many favorites, here’s one: “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” John 3: 16.
This sums up God’s unconditional love for me. He gave His only son as a ransom for me to live with Him eternally.
Blessings to you!

SovereignGrace

Dec 28, 2016
My favorite verse is that one verse in that book about the stuff where it talks about that one thing.

You guys probably know which one I mean.
That's three verses before that guy said something about you know whose son did something wrong when he said what he said.

I LOVE that verse! I know right where you're at. Its in between those two chapters in that book.

J

jaybird88

Ironic isn’t it that the Gospel according to Mathew is written by a tax collector.
Blessings
Bill
lol never thought about that. Lucky for Mathew he met Jesus!

lastofall

Aug 26, 2014
"Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ." (2 Corinthians 10:5)

Because to cast down reasoning's and learn not to think above that which is written is how we do deny our own will, so that we may indeed bring into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ: for otherwise we then will still be double-minded and unstable in all our ways.