Shocking Blasphemies by Pope Pius V and Pope Leo XIII.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Scotth1960

"The Pope and God are the same, so he has all power in Heaven and earth." -- Pope Pius V. quoted in Barclay, Cities Petrus Bertanous, Chapter XXVII: 218

"We hold upon this earth the place of God Almighty". Pope Leo XIII.
Praeclara Gartulationis Publicae, The Reunion of Christendom (Rome: 1894).

Thus:
Eastern Schismatics Are All Damned
www.romancatholicism.com/eastern-schism.htm

Thesis: The Eastern Schismatics -- the "Orthodox" cannot be saved unless they first submit to Rome, leave their schism, and become Faithful Catholics, believing all that the church infallibly teaches."

Rome, then, "infallibly teaches", that both God and the Pope of Rome are God, and thus, there are two gods: God, and the popes of Rome.
This is polytheism. This is sin against God and the Holy Words of God, in the Holy Bible:
"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the Lord is one." Deuteronomy 6:4 ESV (English Standard Version).
"Besides Me There Is No God"
"Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel and His Redeemer, the LORD of hosts: "I am the first and I am the last; besides Me there is no god."
Isaiah 44:6 ESV (English Standard Version).
"To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this Word, it is because there is no light in them." Isaiah 8:20 KJV.

God save us all from papism. AMEN AND AMEN. In Erie PA USA Scott R. Harrington, October 3/16, 2011 AD God bless America.

W

wwjd_kilden

I find it ironic that this end with "God bless America"

dscherck

Banned [Reason: persistent, ongoing Catholic heres
Aug 3, 2009

"The Pope and God are the same, so he has all power in Heaven and earth." -- Pope Pius V. quoted in Barclay, Cities Petrus Bertanous, Chapter XXVII: 218

Thus:
www.romancatholicism.com/eastern-schism.htm

Thesis: The Eastern Schismatics -- the "Orthodox" cannot be saved unless they first submit to Rome, leave their schism, and become Faithful Catholics, believing all that the church infallibly teaches."

Rome, then, "infallibly teaches", that both God and the Pope of Rome are God, and thus, there are two gods: God, and the popes of Rome.
This is polytheism. This is sin against God and the Holy Words of God, in the Holy Bible:
"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the Lord is one." Deuteronomy 6:4 ESV (English Standard Version).
"Besides Me There Is No God"
"Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel and His Redeemer, the LORD of hosts: "I am the first and I am the last; besides Me there is no god."
Isaiah 44:6 ESV (English Standard Version).
"To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this Word, it is because there is no light in them." Isaiah 8:20 KJV.

God save us all from papism. AMEN AND AMEN. In Erie PA USA Scott R. Harrington, October 3/16, 2011 AD God bless America.

You of all people should know better than to take quotes out of context.

Catholic Answers Forums - View Single Post - Is the Pope God?

S

Scotth1960

I find it ironic that this end with "God bless America"
And God bless Norway too! Would you think it shocking if you would rather pray God bless Norway than God bless America? Is it cool to bash America? No one is bashing Norway, right? God bless Norway!
God bless all the nations in His grace! Amen.
We are to pray for that nation we find ourselves in. God bless the nations. Also, Iran, Iraq, Pakistan, North Korea, Saudi Arabia, India, China, Tibet, and other nations we would not want to live in. There are so many poor people in the world. God bless and save them all. Amen.
PS All people are poor in their souls and in true need of being saved by Christ in His mercy. We all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of the holy only wise and immortal God.

S

Scotth1960

You of all people should know better than to take quotes out of context.

Catholic Answers Forums - View Single Post - Is the Pope God?

Not at all! These quotes are not taken out of context. No one is God but God. I am not God. I am not Jesus Christ. The popes of Rome, some of them, have claimed to be God and Christ. Nothing taken out of context. The sad truth!
It follows logically from papal infallibility that the pope must think of himself as "god on earth". Clear case of heresy and polytheism.
It follows logically from the Filioque heresy, which also makes the Trinity into polytheism. As you would understand if you read St. Photios the Great's germinal work, "The Mystagogy of the Holy Spirit", translated by Joseph P. Farrell, Ph.D., Brookline, MA: Holy Cross Orthodox Press, copyright 1987.

W

wwjd_kilden

And God bless Norway too! Would you think it shocking if you would rather pray God bless Norway than God bless America? Is it cool to bash America? No one is bashing Norway, right? God bless Norway!
God bless all the nations in His grace! Amen.
We are to pray for that nation we find ourselves in. God bless the nations. Also, Iran, Iraq, Pakistan, North Korea, Saudi Arabia, India, China, Tibet, and other nations we would not want to live in. There are so many poor people in the world. God bless and save them all. Amen.
PS All people are poor in their souls and in true need of being saved by Christ in His mercy. We all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of the holy only wise and immortal God.

the thing is I have only ever seen Americans use that expression, and they seem to use it in very strange contexts. And I was not bashing AMERICA, :) I just found it odd to ask God to bless one specific nation that normally don't even have anything to do with the pope, which the rest of this was abiyt

S

Scotth1960

[
quote=wwjd_kilden;571557]the thing is I have

only ever seen Americans use that expression,

and they seem to use it in very strange

contexts. And I was not bashing AMERICA, :)

I just found it odd to ask God to bless one

specific nation that normally don't even have

anything to do with the pope, which the rest

of this was abiyt[/quote]

Friend:

Understand me, thank you!

I have to remember I am speaking in an

ecumenical context. I am speaking largely for

American readers, but it's okay if there's an

international audience. I could also say, and I

hope this, God bless the Church. But of

course, people will have different ideas about

what the Church, and then they might start

arguing with me or speaking against what I'm

saying when I say that the true definition of

the Church is the one holy catholic and

apostolic church, the Chalcedonian Orthodox

Church (in East and West, etc.). I'm not here

to get into yet another controversy. There is

much good in both the teachings of the popes

of Rome and of Martin Luther, John Calvin,

and the Reformers. Where did that come

from? From the Great Tradition of the first

1000 years of Undivided Christendom, in both

East and West, the Great Orthodox Catholic

Apostolic Tradition(s).

I didn't say you were bashing America. Can't

you understand I am an American? I should

love my country, and pray for it. I would think

you wouldn't be ashamed to say "God bless

Norway". Nor do I feel any shame in praying

for Norway. I may feel rather awkward in

saying "God bless Tibet", for this would be

something different altogether! Norway has

already heard about God in Christ, and started

out in the West sphere of the original

Undivided Orthodox Church, then into

Catholicism, then into Lutheranism from

Catholicism. But Tibetan has no long tradition

of Christianity. So Tibet and the Buddhists,

pagans there really need the love of our LORD

Jesus Christ. They need to forsake their

demons, their pagan deities, and their

reincarnationist Buddhism. Buddhism is a

great psychological deception. That it does

cultivate some good ethical precepts for which

it has common grace from above.

God bless the nations and peoples of the

world, and bring the Gospel to them so they

can hear, believe in Christ, and be saved by

belief in Him. In Erie PA Scott R. Harrington

R

rodogg

Thus:
Damning, judging, condemning, ridiculing, nit-picking, etc, etc. Where is the love? Where is Jesus? Where is the only thing that will make a non-believer come to Jesus? Love. Not "You are damned" or "You're going to hell if you don't believe", but "Jesus LOVES you."

JESUS LOVES US.

So please stop concentrating on these draining arguments on this Christian site, and come to love Jesus together.

It's getting old and it's doing nothing to convince those that are unsure about Christian love. And that's what it's all about.

S

Scotth1960

Damning, judging, condemning, ridiculing, nit-picking, etc, etc. Where is the love? Where is Jesus? Where is the only thing that will make a non-believer come to Jesus? Love. Not "You are damned" or "You're going to hell if you don't believe", but "Jesus LOVES you."

JESUS LOVES US.

So please stop concentrating on these draining arguments on this Christian site, and come to love Jesus together.

It's getting old and it's doing nothing to convince those that are unsure about Christian love. And that's what it's all about.
Dear friend, I am speaking out of love. Christ's love says, "You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free". Believing false doctrines doesn't make us love one another. It keeps us apart. And in error/darkness. God bless you in Christ's love, and my love for all of you in Christ. Amen. In Erie PA Scott R. Harrington

R

rodogg

Dear friend, I am speaking out of love. Christ's love says, "You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free". Believing false doctrines doesn't make us love one another. It keeps us apart. And in error/darkness. God bless you in Christ's love, and my love for all of you in Christ. Amen. In Erie PA Scott R. Harrington
Well I'm not feelin' the love my man. Not at all. And not directed at you personally, but the anti-Catholicism on this site is ridiculous.

S

Scotth1960

Well I'm not feelin' the love my man. Not at all. And not directed at you personally, but the anti-Catholicism on this site is ridiculous.
It's false to call it "anti-Catholicism". If Catholicism says "only Catholics can be saved", isn't that, then, "anti- non-Catholicism"? Some of the things Catholicism teaches are what is ridiculous. The non-Catholics are not teaching such errors.
That's a fact. But we have all sinned, all of us human beings, that is true. God have mercy on all of us, both non Catholics and Catholics alike.

dscherck

Aug 3, 2009

Not at all! These quotes are not taken out of context. No one is God but God. I am not God. I am not Jesus Christ. The popes of Rome, some of them, have claimed to be God and Christ. Nothing taken out of context. The sad truth!
It follows logically from papal infallibility that the pope must think of himself as "god on earth". Clear case of heresy and polytheism.
It follows logically from the Filioque heresy, which also makes the Trinity into polytheism. As you would understand if you read St. Photios the Great's germinal work, "The Mystagogy of the Holy Spirit", translated by Joseph P. Farrell, Ph.D., Brookline, MA: Holy Cross Orthodox Press, copyright 1987.
They are taken out of context, I provided a link that shows them in full context and also shows that a few of them are fake.

dscherck

Aug 3, 2009
It's false to call it "anti-Catholicism". If Catholicism says "only Catholics can be saved", isn't that, then, "anti- non-Catholicism"? Some of the things Catholicism teaches are what is ridiculous. The non-Catholics are not teaching such errors.
That's a fact. But we have all sinned, all of us human beings, that is true. God have mercy on all of us, both non Catholics and Catholics alike.
Catholicism doesn't say that. It's fine to debate Catholic doctrine, but you should debate actual doctrine, not what you mistakenly believe to be doctrine.

B

Bloodwashed

So My friend I just got to ask! I live in Eugene Oregon Is your Chalcedonian Orthodox Church here? --Mark--

S

Scotth1960

[quote=Bloodwashed;571594]So My friend I just got to ask! I live in Eugene Oregon Is your Chalcedonian Orthodox Church here? --Mark--[/quote]
Dear Mark/Bloodwashed. All Christians are bloodwashed, saved washed clean, forgiven, and pure of heart, renewed in the Holy Spirit, by the shed Precious Blood of Jesus Christ on the Cross, and saved by His glorious resurrection from the dead, trampling down death by His death.
God bless you, Mark. Please consider looking at these websites, and if you want to learn more on what the Orthodox Church is like, you can attend services at:
St. John the Wonderworker Serbian Orthodox Church, 304 Blair Boulevard, Eugene, OR St. John the Wonderworker Serbian Orthodox Church - Eugene, Oregon
St. George Greek Orthodox Church, 201 Hillview 1, Eugene, OR
St. George Greek Orthodox Church - Home
God bless you in Christ Jesus.
The Divine Liturgy of St. John Chrysostom, with the repeated, continuous prayers of the bishops, priests, deacons, and faithful laity, with the incense of the saints, in Heaven and on earth, the communion of saints, is able-to-be-experienced in an Orthodox Church near you.

The Church I sometimes attend is a ROCOR (Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia) parish of Old Believers, and they have most of the service in English, with about up to 1 to 5 percent in Slavonic.

God bless you. For more information on Chalcedonian Orthodoxy, see:
Gillquist, Peter E. (1992). Becoming Orthodox: A Journey to the Ancient Christian Faith. Revised and expanded edition. Ben Lomond, CA: Conciliar Press.
In Erie PA USA Scott R. Harrington Sunday October 3/16, 2011 AD

Aug 18, 2011
Cesare Borgia thought he was Jesus by painting himself as the new Jesus. The world stupidly then put that image up all over their walls and paid tribute unto it. Woe unto those, who pay tribute to the image of the beast! Cesare's father Pope Alaxander the VI was also a devil. Who is the pope!? tell me! he is no one! not even the prophets of old were treated as this man! nor did they want to be! woe unto you fools who ignorantly follow the devil!

Last edited:
L

Laodicea

Revelation 13:1
(1) And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

R

Rosewater

Well, does make one think: Is not the church the representation of our Lord and God on earth? Which is not so far from what those popes are saying. The argument is which church(es) I guess.

dscherck

Aug 3, 2009
Honestly I believe at times that the Lord Himself could come down from heaven, tell some people straight to their face that the quotes were made up or taken out of context and people would deny it because they hate the Catholic Church.

R

rainacorn

There's loads of Protestant bashing that goes on here too.

Some people just like starting trouble, I think.