Should a Christian tithe, what does the Bible say

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Danny1988

Jun 24, 2018
nope

not even close

how can you read the biblical account and then say the above?

they lied...they died....end of story

when we repeat false renditions of scripture, there is really no excuse. we cannot hold someone else responsible for our salvation or our knowledge of scripture...well maybe a kid might be excused with regards to knowledge...

ignorance is not a covering for sin.

you are right...nobody can fool God but your pastor is fooling you
No, you have not understood why god killed them. I didn't say it was all because of the money but the love of money played the main role in the affair. They were killed because they pretended to be giving generously, so that the public would see how good and pious they were. God punished them for their false act of worship and the love of money was the root of the problem.
I know the Bible better than you, because I have the Holy Spirit telling me what it all means. You use carnal wisdom, to your own detriment

7seasrekeyed

No, you have not understood why god killed them. I didn't say it was all because of the money but the love of money played the main role in the affair. They were killed because they pretended to be giving generously, so that the public would see how good and pious they were. God punished them for their false act of worship and the love of money was the root of the problem.
I know the Bible better than you, because I have the Holy Spirit telling me what it all means. You use carnal wisdom, to your own detriment

danny...all Christians...actual believers...have the Holy Spirit indwelling them. I have the Holy Spirit...you have the Holy Spirit

when we accept Jesus as our Savior, we are 'sealed' with the Holy Spirit

however, that does not mean we cannot believe something that is wrong. God will not bap us over the head with the Bible even if we do have things wrong. we are supposed to at least read even if we cannot study

I posted the exact scripture from the Bible which says they died ... they were struck dead...because they lied. that, is only the reason

you are using some big words there...like carnal...and you do not understand the meanings

please note that I have consistently told you to study and now read, the Bible for yourself and I have not said believe what I tell you to believe

you can choose. that's all.

7seasrekeyed

I have reached the conclusion that someone is being taken advantage of

I am truly sorry danny and I pray God intervenes in the situation on your behalf and the rest of the congregation as well

I can tell you do want to do what is right

God bless you and yours

Danny1988

Jun 24, 2018
this is just silly

you have been saved for one year danny.

listen...if you think I have a big whopping IQ, then blame God. now that is a silly thing to say too

studying the Bible will avail a person nothing? then why are we told, IN the Bible, to study it?

I am actually more concerned about people being deceived then I am about what they think of my intellignece or anything else

you are just lashing out and I would rather you actually looked into the Bible for yourself instead of just eating up what you are told, badly digesting it and then flinging it a people because they try to show you what the Bible says

continue to insult me and or others. it reallys does not matter

what does matter, is that you believe what is true; what the Bible really says
I don't know who you are but I'm guessing your just another sheep. My pastor is a shepherd so the Bible tells me to listen to him and watch out for wolves posing as Bible smarties.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
So, now read what you just wrote, they were not killed for failure to tithe. Quit trying to make it sound as if they were.

DustyRhodes

Dec 30, 2016
So now we need to pay our way to heaven, isn't that what
Martin Luther railed against. God won't bless us if we don't?
How absolutely absurd. Jesus gave us 2 commandments, love
the Lord with all your heart and your neighbor as yourself.
Love fulfils all the law and it doesn't say bring your debit card
with you. Friends and neighbors we are not living under laws
we are living under grace. To say otherwise is to deny that
Jesus died on the cross for us.

Danny1988

Jun 24, 2018
I have reached the conclusion that someone is being taken advantage of

I am truly sorry danny and I pray God intervenes in the situation on your behalf and the rest of the congregation as well

I can tell you do want to do what is right

God bless you and yours
Please don't be concerned for me, I'm in very good hands. Our pastor is a faithful shepherd, he leads us sheep according to what the Bible teaches.
Unlike the self appointed experts on everything here, he actually spends his time studying Gods word so he can feed us sheep with rich spiritual food. We are blessed to be under his faithful ministry, he is responsible for our lives so it's a huge responsibility that God only gives to great men.
I know that 90% of Churches preach a false Gospel, it's just the way the world is. Our pastor always encourages us to study our Bible to make sure that everything he preaches is Biblical and he has been 100% rock solid. He is a true Saint of God and there is none better, they can only be as good as him but not better. So I'm very happy to contribute generously to his Church

BenFTW

Oct 7, 2012
Some people study the Bible all their lives and go to Church and give generously and do so many good things and they end up in eternal torment in hell.
Studying the Bible will avail you nothing, it will actually damn you more because God will hold you more accountable.
God is not impressed whit how smart you think you are, or how well you think you know the scriptures. Satan knows the Bible better than any person who ever lived and so do many other Devils who attended Church their whole lives.
Remember the thief on the cross, he knew nothing about the scriptures and he was saved. God looks at your heart, He's no respecter of persons, He's not impressed with you IQ score.
You are puffed up with pride, but remember pride comes before the big fall
Will not the truth set you free? I am now concerned for you, please make sure that you're not being swindled. The pastor did not tell you this, did he? Bible study is important, and accountability would be that you read the Word of God that has been made available to you through centuries of Christians living and dying to give you access to it's pages. They walked in God's will, providence, and protection in order for you to be able to read it. They suffered for your sake.

You say that reading God's word will damn you, because it makes you more accountable, but you must, as we all, rely upon Christ's sacrifice. We are saved by grace through faith. Now, yes, we will give an account for what we have done in this life in determination of rewards (or the lack thereof). How we used what we knew, but on the equal side of the coin, the more you know the more you can do. So will you rob yourself of something greater, out of fear? Will you let this idea of accountability hinder you from progress? I must say, it would behoove the devil to make you fear to grow in the grace and knowledge of Jesus Christ, to dismiss His words.

Danny1988

Jun 24, 2018
So now we need to pay our way to heaven, isn't that what
Martin Luther railed against. God won't bless us if we don't?
How absolutely absurd. Jesus gave us 2 commandments, love
the Lord with all your heart and your neighbor as yourself.
Love fulfils all the law and it doesn't say bring your debit card
with you. Friends and neighbors we are not living under laws
we are living under grace. To say otherwise is to deny that
Jesus died on the cross for us.
It's absurd to tell us that all we need to do is confess to do those 2 commandments then go out and live like Devils and think we're going to fool God with our false profession.
You'll get a rude shock if you think that's all you need to do, we need to live by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God, and endure to the end. You don't get saved until you finish working really hard through your whole life.

Danny1988

Jun 24, 2018
Will not the truth set you free? I am now concerned for you, please make sure that you're not being swindled. The pastor did not tell you this, did he? Bible study is important, and accountability would be that you read the Word of God that has been made available to you through centuries of Christians living and dying to give you access to it's pages. They walked in God's will, providence, and protection in order for you to be able to read it. They suffered for your sake.

You say that reading God's word will damn you, because it makes you more accountable, but you must, as we all, rely upon Christ's sacrifice. We are saved by grace through faith. Now, yes, we will give an account for what we have done in this life in determination of rewards (or the lack thereof). How we used what we knew, but on the equal side of the coin, the more you know the more you can do. So will you rob yourself of something greater, out of fear? Will you let this idea of accountability hinder you from progress? I must say, it would behoove the devil to make you fear to grow in the grace and knowledge of Jesus Christ, to dismiss His words.
You missunderstood my point, I was telling the guy you don't get saved by how well you know the scriptures. If that was the case then Satan would be the first to get saved. You just asid it yourself that we are saved by grace through fauth in Christ, I didn't see you add (and you Bible knloedge) to the requirement.
I study the Bible every day, sometimes for hours but that won't save my soul. Only Christ can save your soul, that's what I was trying to convey to Mr. know it all.

Danny1988

Jun 24, 2018
So, now read what you just wrote, they were not killed for failure to tithe. Quit trying to make it sound as if they were.
OK, they were killed because their god made them lie about the amount of MONEY they gave. See the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil, so tithing is a good way to keep ones self from falling victim to the god of mammon

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
You missunderstood my point, I was telling the guy you don't get saved by how well you know the scriptures. If that was the case then Satan would be the first to get saved. You just asid it yourself that we are saved by grace through fauth in Christ, I didn't see you add (and you Bible knloedge) to the requirement.
I study the Bible every day, sometimes for hours but that won't save my soul. Only Christ can save your soul, that's what I was trying to convey to Mr. know it all.
We don't get saved by tithe either.

Danny1988

Jun 24, 2018
We non't get saved by tithe either.
I disagree with you, because if you don't give generous amounts of money to God it means you're not obeying Him. So He may very well decide that you're a wicked and unfaithful servant and send you into the lake of fire

shrume

Jun 26, 2017
I disagree with you, because if you don't give generous amounts of money to God it means you're not obeying Him. So He may very well decide that you're a wicked and unfaithful servant and send you into the lake of fire
I thought you believed everything was predetermined...

Sep 4, 2012
(Golf clap for par on Fire and Brimstone hole)

Danny1988

Jun 24, 2018
I thought you believed everything was predetermined...
I was using that parable to answer the smart guy who accused my of saying that we are saved by tithing. I thought a silly question deserved a silly answer, so of' course I don't believe that a saved person can lose their salvation.
A person who doesn't give generously to God is not saved anyway, it's evident. God's people obey Him, so you can tell the false professors. They don't obey God, they are only in it for what they can get out of God. They don't want to serve Him