Should a Christian tithe, what does the Bible say

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

prophecyuk

Dec 20, 2017
Unbelief is not unwillingness. The one who did not believe asked for help to believe, The man did not believe Jesus could cure his son and said if you can do any thing..

Mark 9:17 And one of the multitude answered and said, Master, I have brought unto thee my son, which hath a dumb spirit;
18 And wheresoever he taketh him, he teareth him: and he foameth, and gnasheth with his teeth, and pineth away: and I spake to thy disciples that they should cast him out; and they could not.
19 He answereth him, and saith, O faithless generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him unto me.
20 And they brought him unto him: and when he saw him, straightway the spirit tare him; and he fell on the ground, and wallowed foaming.
21 And he asked his father, How long is it ago since this came unto him? And he said, Of a child.
22 And ofttimes it hath cast him into the fire, and into the waters, to destroy him: BUT IF THOU CANT DO ANY THING, have compassion on us, and help us.
23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.
24 And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.

So this Gospel example explains clearly, the father was willing but unable, not able to endure what he had to do which was to believe righteously...

Hebrews 12:18 For ye are not come unto the mount that might be touched, and that burned with fire, nor unto blackness, and darkness, and tempest,
19 And the sound of a trumpet, and the voice of words; which voice they that heard intreated that the word should not be spoken to them any more:
20 (For they could not endure that which was commanded, And if so much as a beast touch the mountain, it shall be stoned, or thrust through with a dart:

All together, the Hebrews were unable to enter because of unbelief, no ability to endure what was commanded, and the Lord did not help their unbelief. They continued to believe they were right now, as pride stops a person knowing they are wrong, and we know all are wrong when they do not love their neighbour as themselves, which is seen n how Christ loves and all of the Holy Apostles, which is opposite to most peoples selfish opinions here without any understanding.

Romans 1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, withoutnatural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

prophecyuk

Dec 20, 2017
It is not taught to call people fools, it is taught love, patience, kindness, meekness, but people prefer none of that, and because they see words written that suit their way of thinking more, they choose that instead.

lightbearer

Jun 17, 2017
HBG. Pa. USA
Don't play that game with me. The bible repeatedly calls people fools.
But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
(Mat 5:22 KJV)

Sep 4, 2012
Jesus himself called people fools. The ways of the lord are right and the righteous will walk in them, but the ungodly will fall in them.

Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gold, or the temple that sanctifieth the gold? And, Whosoever shall swear by the altar, it is nothing; but whosoever sweareth by the gift that is upon it, he is guilty. Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gift, or the altar that sanctifieth the gift? Matthew 23:17-19

prophecyuk

Dec 20, 2017
Jesus is Lord and we all are brethren, and Jesus said for brethren to not call others fools..

Matthew 23:8
But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.

lightbearer said:
But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

lightbearer

Jun 17, 2017
HBG. Pa. USA
Jesus himself called people fools. The ways of the lord are right and the righteous will walk in them, but the ungodly will fall in them.

Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gold, or the temple that sanctifieth the gold? And, Whosoever shall swear by the altar, it is nothing; but whosoever sweareth by the gift that is upon it, he is guilty. Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gift, or the altar that sanctifieth the gift? Matthew 23:17-19
Jesus was GOD; the WORD manifested in the flesh with no speck or plank in HIS eye.

Sep 4, 2012
Jesus is Lord and we all are brethren, and Jesus said for brethren to not call others fools..
You speak without understanding. Jesus does not contradict himself by calling people "fools", then telling his disciples to not do as he did. Jesus was obviously speaking about verbal abuse meant to hurt someone in hatred and anger.

prophecyuk

Dec 20, 2017
When you argue with a fool you descend to his level where he wins from experience.
"Jesus does not contradict himself by calling people "fools", then telling his disciples to not do as he did. Jesus was obviously speaking about verbal abuse meant to hurt someone in hatred and anger."

Even fools was told by Jesus to His non foolish disciples, because when Jesus says fools He speaks to correct them for the better. But when a person says fool to their brother, saying their level is low and foolish, they consider their level is greater, and they show pride of themselves, and they are giving insult predudice, they cannot do like Jesus without laying their life down, by keeping their life and exalting themselves above you in pride, and without pride is opposite to your way, it is to be fools ourselves, this is exampled for the brethren...

Luke 24:25 Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:
26 Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?
27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

1 Corinthians 4:10
We are fools for Christ's sake, but ye are wise in Christ; we are weak, but ye are strong; ye are honourable, but we are despised.

When you argue with a fool you descend to his level where he wins from experience.

prophecyuk

Dec 20, 2017
"Jesus does not contradict himself by calling people "fools", then telling his disciples to not do as he did"

Lacking understanding too?

No man was able or worthy to take the book of life, only one the Lamb, not able always to do as He does, not worthy to gave the same speech also because He came to set judgement in the earth, not another, and He has right to call us as we are, as we all are brethren, meaning no greater than each other, have to give equal respect, and only He is the one Lord and Shepherd..

Revelation 5:4
And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon.

Isaiah 42:4
He shall not fail nor be discouraged, till he have set judgment in the earth: and the isles shall wait for hislaw.

Ecclesiastes 12:11
The words of the wise are as goads, and as nails fastened by the masters of assemblies, which are given from one shepherd.

prophecyuk

Dec 20, 2017
is it ok if I answer from your own words..

HeRoseFromTheDead said:
I hope you did not mind, because this is appropriate, when you think you are not the fool, that you have no mote in your eye, it is a beam in your eye really..

Matthew 7:7 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

Romans 14:10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

prophecyuk

Dec 20, 2017
Giving of tithes, what does the bible says, it says, taking off the tree of the knowledge of good and evil brings death, and then when you consider how they were before that moment, they were simple, sharing, and too easily influenced by the devils subtilty.

So we see the example of the Hebrews, including all the kings, great riches, coming to nothing. We see then, the perfect example given,. Christ, of a donkey, of obedience, of showing we must also be converted and become as little children, back to that state Adam and Eve where in, in simplicity, and so willing to share, and listening only to Gods voice this time, and the devils greed, they race away from by giving.

James 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.
5 Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy?
6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.
7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
9 Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness.
10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Matthew 18:3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013

It is hard to see how Solomon could have written so much about fools without recognizing some people as such.

prophecyuk

Dec 20, 2017
It is hard to see how Solomon could have written so much about fools without recognizing some people as such.
Not too hard, we recognize a greater way than Solomon's is here, of calling not your brother fool, which is everyone, as ye all are brethren..

Luke 11:31 The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with the men of this generation, and condemn them: for she came from the utmost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon is here.
32 The men of Nineve shall rise up in the judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: for they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas is here.
33 No man, when he hath lighted a candle, putteth it in a secret place, neither under a bushel, but on a candlestick, that they which come in may see the light.
34 The light of the body is the eye: therefore when thine eye is single, thy whole body also is full of light; but when thine eye is evil, thy body also is full of darkness.
35 Take heed therefore that the light which is in thee be not darkness.
36 If thy whole body therefore be full of light, having no part dark, the whole shall be full of light, as when the bright shining of a candle doth give thee light.

prophecyuk

Dec 20, 2017
Speaking of Solomon the richest ever, we see the very opposite example of Christ, nowhere to lay His head, this is so we have a full comparison, of how there are kings, but the right way to be a king is not of this earth, remember, where your kingdom and treasure is, there will your heart be also..

Matthew 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Luke 4:5 And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.
6 And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.
7 If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine.
8 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

John 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

James 2:5 Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him?

Revelation 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this worldare become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

Luke 12:32 Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.
33 Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth.
34 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

prophecyuk

Dec 20, 2017
Christ is God, not 'was'

:)

just a minor correction of verb tense - verily He was, He is, and always shall be. Time is contained within Him, not He within it
Just a minor correction for you too. God was in Christ. It is not a lie. Christ is God. All are fine.

2 Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

prophecyuk

Dec 20, 2017
Christ is God, not 'was'

:)

just a minor correction of verb tense - verily He was, He is, and always shall be. Time is contained within Him, not He within it
1 Timothy 6:4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Speaking of Solomon the richest ever, we see the very opposite example of Christ, nowhere to lay His head, this is so we have a full comparison, of how there are kings, but the right way to be a king is not of this earth, remember, where your kingdom and treasure is, there will your heart be also..

God added great riches on earth to Solomon specifically because he did not ask for it. See 1 Kings 3:10-13

So one would be a fool to accuse him of greed without cause. Simply being rich is not cause to accuse.