Should a man pursue a woman? Or does it matter?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

cwizzle07

Jan 18, 2019
my husband had an inkling that I liked him, but I waited for him to say something first lol. how did he figure it out? I have no idea cuz Lord knows I don't know how to flirt before knowing he liked me back.
That would probably be me lol

cwizzle07

Jan 18, 2019
Interesting question, one I'm not too entirely sure if I can even answer. I suppose the most important thing to both involved is to make sure focus is on God. Rather than a man pursuing a woman, he should be pursuing God and so should she. So, I suppose my answer is that both should be pursuing God and through God's blessing be brought together to worship him.
Great answer. God should always come first.

cwizzle07

Jan 18, 2019

Solemateleft

Honor, Courage, Commitment
Jun 25, 2017
Interesting...so it depends on the person/situation...
Yes - think "it depends" upon both people and both of their unique situations...
Everyone is inherently at different phases in their life experiences...
Everyone is going thru different 'stuff' and while some are beginning to put more faith in the Lord and trusting in the Lord to bring someone into their lives...
Others could very well be at a point of knowing their self-worth; which could provide a sense of self-confidence in knowing what they are interested in and what they are looking for in a partner...
Some people are more vulnerable during different phases of their lives... If someone recognizes that vulnerability and chooses to try to be there for them regardless of gender - that could serve as the beginning of a genuine sign of compassion that the other had been praying for...
If you are the one that has recently realized your self-worth that puts you in a situation to both seize the day (if you will) or to sit back and trust your faith that our Lord will reward your patience and answer your prayers in a way that you might not have anticipated.
There are advantages and disadvantages to being proactive (self confident in knowing your value and what you want)...
- the advantage is that you do not what to leave anything to chance that if you 'snooze you may just loose' the opportunity of a life-time...
- the disadvantage is that your instincts could very well be deceived by the master deceivers...

Have faith, and I pray that you find what you are looking for...

cwizzle07

Jan 18, 2019

cwizzle07

Jan 18, 2019
Yes - think "it depends" upon both people and both of their unique situations...
Everyone is inherently at different phases in their life experiences...
Everyone is going thru different 'stuff' and while some are beginning to put more faith in the Lord and trusting in the Lord to bring someone into their lives...
Others could very well be at a point of knowing their self-worth; which could provide a sense of self-confidence in knowing what they are interested in and what they are looking for in a partner...
Some people are more vulnerable during different phases of their lives... If someone recognizes that vulnerability and chooses to try to be there for them regardless of gender - that could serve as the beginning of a genuine sign of compassion that the other had been praying for...
If you are the one that has recently realized your self-worth that puts you in a situation to both seize the day (if you will) or to sit back and trust your faith that our Lord will reward your patience and answer your prayers in a way that you might not have anticipated.
There are advantages and disadvantages to being proactive (self confident in knowing your value and what you want)...
- the advantage is that you do not what to leave anything to chance that if you 'snooze you may just loose' the opportunity of a life-time...
- the disadvantage is that your instincts could very well be deceived by the master deceivers...

Have faith, and I pray that you find what you are looking for...
Thank you. I tend to see things in black and white sometimes. But really sometimes it does depend on the situation even for a general consensus question. So may different ways of doing things and so many different personalities. I think I'm supposed to "sit back and trust your faith that our Lord will reward your patience and answer your prayers in a way that you might not have anticipated." For some reason. Feels like the right thing to do. Thanks for the reply!

BruceWayne

Aug 7, 2013
Gotham City
I don't think it matters, unless it's just a personal preference. Personally, I think people make these things too complicated. It's never bothered me to have a girl ask me out. If you like someone, then take your shot if you think there's a chance.

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
I don't see any problem the the man purseing. If it's good enough for Ben Kingsley, it should be good enough for any man.

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
Interesting...so it depends on the person/situation...
Yer if either is shy and taking a long time, give them something to help there confidence (if you want). It's the small things that both people can do that makes a big difference.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Historically men have actively pursued woman.. In recent generations the message has been that woman can actively pursue a man if she wishes.. But most modern woman have decided not to take up the role..

Woman do hunt men in their own way.. The way they do it is to make themselves an easy catch to the man they want to pursue them..

A woman will observe the man she likes.. See where he socializes.. where he goes.. His pathways.. What his profession is and his personality.. They will then put themselves in his paths and locations he visits.. They will put themselves in that mans field of vision.. The man will end up seeing her again and again and again at different locations. This will increase the chances of Him making the move to actively pursue the woman..

When he does decide to make his move the woman will make it easy for him to ""win"" her..

cwizzle07

Jan 18, 2019
Historically men have actively pursued woman.. In recent generations the message has been that woman can actively pursue a man if she wishes.. But most modern woman have decided not to take up the role..

Woman do hunt men in their own way.. The way they do it is to make themselves an easy catch to the man they want to pursue them..

A woman will observe the man she likes.. See where he socializes.. where he goes.. His pathways.. What his profession is and his personality.. They will then put themselves in his paths and locations he visits.. They will put themselves in that mans field of vision.. The man will end up seeing her again and again and again at different locations. This will increase the chances of Him making the move to actively pursue the woman..

When he does decide to make his move the woman will make it easy for him to ""win"" her..
Awesome! Thank you!

cwizzle07

Jan 18, 2019
Yer if either is shy and taking a long time, give them something to help there confidence (if you want). It's the small things that both people can do that makes a big difference.
"give them something to help there confidence"
What type of thing to help their confidence?

H

Hamarr

I’ve seen some debate on whether those actions are also pursuing, but this seems to be the way of still having the guy do the asking out. I know the women I’ve pursued have shown their interest in similar ways.

I don’t think I would mind being “pursued” since I tend to be more on the shy side, but I do think I would enjoy the pursuer role more (once I have more confidence, at least).

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
Just curious. Ya'll know me with my million questions...:sneaky:
Absolutely, and a woman should be praying at the same time to see if this is from God or not.

Also, I like that traditional approach of how a gentleman would court a lady - I think that’s sooo sweet.

cwizzle07

Jan 18, 2019
Absolutely, and a woman should be praying at the same time to see if this is from God or not.

Also, I like that traditional approach of how a gentleman would court a lady - I think that’s sooo sweet.
Me too. I think it's really nice when a man pursues (shows feelings first or whatever you want to call it. Lol I don't want @Dino246 to yell at me Italian style again. :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:)

Yes, prayer before any decision is always good lol. The reason I posted this thread is bc I was watching a video by Jackie Perry Hill and her husband and he brought up that it was right for a man to "pursue" a woman. Just wanted to know other people's thoughts on this.

Thanks for your reply!

cwizzle07

Jan 18, 2019
I’ve seen some debate on whether those actions are also pursuing, but this seems to be the way of still having the guy do the asking out. I know the women I’ve pursued have shown their interest in similar ways.

I don’t think I would mind being “pursued” since I tend to be more on the shy side, but I do think I would enjoy the pursuer role more (once I have more confidence, at least).
Hamarr!!! Good to hear from you my friend! Almost done For Women Only (Just for women lol )

H

Hamarr

Hamarr!!! Good to hear from you my friend! Almost done For Women Only (Just for women lol )
Hiya. Very nice. It will be interesting to hear what you think. You going to read the other one next?

cwizzle07

Jan 18, 2019
Hiya. Very nice. It will be interesting to hear what you think. You going to read the other one next?
Yes. I figure I'll maybe even learn a couple of things about myself!