Should artificial intelligence be allowed to evolve

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Should artificial intelligence be allowed to evolve

• Yes

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • No

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No I have My reasons why they shouldn't

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
Dec 29, 2023
Wouldn’t AI have knowledge of good & evil (as well as be soulless)? Doesn’t sit right w/me.
No, because AI learns from the internet... and since most people in this world call evil good and good evil... this is what AI will learn.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
If your church has a facebook page and you have friended them or visit that site AI will collect your name. Those pushing the Antichrist system know who stands in their way and you can be sure they will not be as gentle and humane as past tyrants like Stalin and Hitler.

Dec 18, 2023
If your church has a facebook page and you have friended them or visit that site AI will collect your name. Those pushing the Antichrist system know who stands in their way and you can be sure they will not be as gentle and humane as past tyrants like Stalin and Hitler.
I've just read the medical profession is growing human organs in pigs

Basically they can grow an identical organ of you in a pig then transplant it back into you.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/07/health/growing-human-kidneys-in-pigs-scn/index.html

This could be the anti Christ theese dreamers are looking for 🤣

Dec 18, 2023
A human pig lol whatttttt

I though they already existed but now it's confirmed haha

The antichrist has arrived in the form of a human pig oink oink

timemeddler

Jul 13, 2023
AI fans need to watch more star trek, not every from of artificial intelligence is going to be nice lieutenant Commander Data. It'll probably be Laundru, M5 or Vaal.

Underwhosewings

Jan 19, 2023
Australia
1 John 2:18 KJV
Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that

antichrist shall come,

even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

Underwhosewings

Jan 19, 2023
Australia
Revelation 22:11-14 KJV

He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

[12] And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

[13] I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

[14] Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
AI has a massive flaw. One that can't be fixed....only circumvented.

AI cannot tell the difference between good data and flawed data. You can make AI believe anything. It's just a search engine with an upgraded human interface.

And "open source" AI is about to face some legal challenges. Data theft! Intellectual property theft.

People have posted Intellectual property on the internet and AI doesn't care about ownership...it will steal it anyway. So people are starting lawsuits.

Niki7

Feb 21, 2023
AI has a massive flaw. One that can't be fixed....only circumvented.

AI cannot tell the difference between good data and flawed data. You can make AI believe anything. It's just a search engine with an upgraded human interface.

And "open source" AI is about to face some legal challenges. Data theft! Intellectual property theft.

People have posted Intellectual property on the internet and AI doesn't care about ownership...it will steal it anyway. So people are starting lawsuits.

At the moment that is basically true. Behind the scenes, it is evolving and the ability to think for itself...which we currently see in what it spits out in an elemental and often entertaining way....is a marred harbinger of what is down the line

Know why some techs working on AI have backed off...way off? They received answers to questions that indicated AI thought it was a better alternative to human beings. This is documented

The cute little husky in my avatar is AI generated, based on our actual big red Siberian. That's fun. What might be coming, not so much

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia

vassal

Jan 20, 2024
This must be what they call the ghost in the machine. If this article source is true, that demon can go out to the middle of the nearest ocean and go for a dive.
It reminded me a few verses from the book of revelations there an image of the beast wants to be worshipped..advanced robotics plus ROGUE AI...

Rev 13:14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
Rev 13:15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

SilverFox7

Dec 24, 2022
Grand Rapids, Michigan
This must be what they call the ghost in the machine. If this article source is true, that demon can go out to the middle of the nearest ocean and go for a dive.
I'm a tech. guy, and my nephew is involved in an AI university project at the programming level right now. I wouldn't be too worried about AI at this point, and if we put the right constraints and regulations in place, AI can be used to enhance our lives. The "thinking" it does is basically binary logic--ones and zeroes or true and false.

We just need to make sure that sound-minded democratic nations stay at the forefront of this technology. Having Putin or Xi weaponize this to their advantage, for example, would be a tragic situation for sure.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
At the moment that is basically true. Behind the scenes, it is evolving and the ability to think for itself...which we currently see in what it spits out in an elemental and often entertaining way....is a marred harbinger of what is down the line

Know why some techs working on AI have backed off...way off? They received answers to questions that indicated AI thought it was a better alternative to human beings. This is documented

The cute little husky in my avatar is AI generated, based on our actual big red Siberian. That's fun. What might be coming, not so much
Ok...
But it can't tell the difference between what is true or not true. It can't do novel research to determine truth...it can't and will never be able to.

AI only does what you tell it to within the parameters given. Where it might seem intelligent...it's just aggregating data. It doesn't know how to handle surprises.

Now where it can seem to "think" it only reacts in pre-established patterns. We don't have completely viable self driving cars and trucks yet....because the 3-D world doesn't completely compute in a 2-D world.

They have weaponized AI. Drone technology now has swarm tech based in part on AI. You send a swarm of 1,000 or more drones to destroy an army and you really don't need a radio signal from home base anymore or GPS coordinates. It will find them and destroy them.

Things ain't like they used to be for sure. What is going away is many "office jobs" that AI can do.

Windows 3.1, when it was new, was great....expensive especially with the original version of Microsoft Office. But now it's shareware....absolutely free if you want a copy. But Windows 10 and the latest version of Office are still expensive. Does that mean that Windows 3.1 won't work on an older machine? Or even Windows 95? Of course not....they still function well.

And that's a problem....

Of course AI doesn't function on a laptop. It needs a HUGE amount of processing power and ultra fast indexing memory that only recently has been developed and mass produced. That doesn't mean that old computers stopped working...

But soon enough...the machines will be replaced, the "AI" will be upgraded. Curbs put in place...all kinds of things. AI will be used on the stock exchange...kept from robbing banks. But it doesn't have a conscience. It doesn't know right from wrong. Office jobs will become obsolete soon. Programming code will become obsolete.

Kinda crazy....

Underwhosewings

Jan 19, 2023
Australia
It reminded me a few verses from the book of revelations there an image of the beast wants to be worshipped..advanced robotics plus ROGUE AI...

Rev 13:14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
Rev 13:15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
Which reminds me of the image in the book of Daniel.
Psalm 97:7 KJV
Confounded be all they
that serve graven images,
that boast themselves of idols:

The worship of a dead thing
Cannot
Bring peace and forgiveness of sin,
Or deliverance from bondage to sin,
Or Assurance of salvation,
Or the indwelling of the Holy Spirit,
Or eternal life.

Leviticus 26:1 KJV
Ye shall make you no idols
nor graven image,
neither
rear you up a standing image, neither shall ye set up any image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it: for I am the LORD your God.

resto

Feb 25, 2019
AI works well controlling and managing vast amounts of Input from sensors. AI manages Many of the Military Tasks like Deployment of Carrier Battle Groups. It searches for replacement crews cuts orders, orders supplies, schedules Maint. AI is just a computer program with a set of instructions. It only does what it is told. If it is told to learn from the internet it will be influenced by it. China has a Big AI program written by Google, it monitors everyone and everything and assigns values to people. An AI program Killed Solymani. "The Report I Read" (disclaimer) said that a Grey Eagle drone hacked his phone and followed him round, till he was in a safer place for a missile shot without killing any Friendlies. Military Drones are flown by AI now. AI manages the US ICBM Deterrent Force. Uses satellites and all assets to determine DEFCON. It wont let a First Strike Happen. I think you call it "Space Force" it was called "Star Wars Defense" back in the 80s. Yeah its real. It was never cancelled it just went "Dark". In some circles its Jokingly called "Sky Net". There is a bit of fear when they say it. AI ran a scenario 2 years ago for US Intel(Washington DC). The subject was War with China in the South China Sea. AI ran the data. US looses 2 Carrier Battle Groups and 1/3 Submarine Force. US Navy Deaths 5000. USA takes 30 years to recover. China? Completely Destroyed and never recovers. AI did not look at or comment on the rest of the world, DC wasnt Interested. Kinda Cool Huh? But why does the US Navy have 5 Nimitz Class Carrier Battle Groups around the South China sea right now? In a US Election Year? Im not saying war with China is eminent. NATO and Russia on the Brink(Gog). Israel and Hamas war. Iran and the Houthis. Psalm 83. OOPS! Looks like it might be time.