Should Christians be allowed to own a gun legally?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
Yes indeed, we should be comfortable seeing a toll that can ensure public safety.
Although I would not open carry, as I would prefer the element of surprise should a dangerous situation occur, open carry is a deterrent to crime.
Same here my friend.
In fact there was a disabled man in a chair that joined the conversation and said he was carrying concealed. I'm for both. Normalcy of open carry like I've heard about in Nevada, and concealed as in Baptist and Evangelical churches I've attended. My pastor at an Evangelical church that doesn't really do much hard preaching or controversial topics, has a security staff during services because of death threats.
Some of the Independent Baptist preachers get plenty of death threats from those who don't even
listen to their sermons. Some are still getting burned down, bmbd, and bullhorns during Sunday services. Homos show up naked so that parents have to cover children's eyes as they enter church, gang rape threats toward whole families. It even happens on the "conservative" forums. Here's just a sample of recordings left on the Deacon's answering machine one week.
I'm assuming you are at least 18 years old. Bad words are bleeped out, but still.

https://www.kjv1611only.com/video/12other/LGBT_Death_Threats_Against_Christians.mp4

I_am_Canadian

Dec 8, 2014
Those are all appropriate tools for the jobs they are good for.

I saw a man yesterday carrying his tool on his tool belt through the grocery store. We had a similar conversation as two other polite folks joined the conversation. I said that I wished more would so it would look normal in our culture as it should.
Unfortunately its a sign of the time God giving people over to reprobate minds.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Here's something that got the militant
Unfortunately its a sign of the time God giving people over to reprobate minds.
Amen
Romans Chapter 1

I'm surprised to find that there are a LOT of them in the"conservative" forums too. A lot who are liberal Catholics, Protestants, atheists and Mormons.
The polarization is growing more and more against Biblical thought.

I_am_Canadian

Dec 8, 2014
Here's something that got the militant

Amen
Romans Chapter 1

I'm surprised to find that there are a LOT of them in the"conservative" forums too. A lot who are liberal Catholics, Protestants, atheists and Mormons.
The polarization is growing more and more against Biblical thought.
Might be because of what they are taught in public schools.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Well when evil people elect evil politicians it's only natural the schools doctrines become corrupted.
Good point. Evil people with money pay for political placements of their choosing.
Those who often seek positions of power over others are not the kind you would want near your family. That goes for school.boards all the way to sleepy Joe. Most of the colleges that are required for state certification of teachers are far left indoctrination centers. That's akin to evangelical parents sending their grown children to a Roman Catholic seminary to prepare for a ministry or vice versa. It makes no sense, but there are a number of reasons why I believe that happens.

I_am_Canadian

Dec 8, 2014
Good point. Evil people with money pay for political placements of their choosing.
Those who often seek positions of power over others are not the kind you would want near your family. That goes for school.boards all the way to sleepy Joe. Most of the colleges that are required for state certification of teachers are far left indoctrination centers. That's akin to evangelical parents sending their grown children to a Roman Catholic seminary to prepare for a ministry or vice versa. It makes no sense, but there are a number of reasons why I believe that happens.
Totally in agreement with you.
I think its another fulfilling of prophecy where satan is let loose from his prison for a season and given power to make war with the saints.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
I think its another fulfilling of prophecy where satan is let loose from his prison for a season and given power to make war with the saints.
That is a very interesting prophecy.
You know that he is already roaming about like a lion seeking whom a may devour?

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
My question is very simple. Is it okay for Christians to own a gun legally for protection purposes? I would love to hear what other people has to say in regards to that.

I personally believe that we dont need a gun, but at the same time, arent everyone entitled to protect themselves? Now, you see where the confusion is with me lol :)
If you need a gun, get one. Or you could trust God to protect you. Personally, I don't have one and I've never felt the need. That may because Australia is not obsessed with guns, unlike some other countries.

Mar 4, 2020
The recreational aspect of target shooting is much like golf, archery, bowling etc.
Firearm ownership nearly always omits this and jumps right to injury whether justified or not.
That's because there is a political agenda against firearms. They're not going to talk about how a golf club can also be a deadly weapon, but they'll ignore that firearms can be used in sports because they want to change public opinion. Much like the way people intentionally interpret the Bible to mean whatever they prefer it to say, there are people who interpret the 2nd amendment to mean something else.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
It seems like he's working hard to get the world behind his plans for sure.

I think we will be going into the tribulation until the wrath of Gods judgements. After that He will send Satan to be bound a thousand years and then he will be released to gather those who do not want anything to do with God, deceiving those nations. I think Revelation
Chapter 20 is what you're referring to.

This will happen first..
https://thekingjamesversionbible.com/revelation-13
God only knows if this is nearly upon us. It's going to get a LOT worse if that time is near.
This looks like the first time in history where it's logistically possible with the technology.
And then eventually...
https://thekingjamesversionbible.com/revelation-20

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
If you need a gun, get one. Or you could trust God to protect you. Personally, I don't have one and I've never felt the need. That may because Australia is not obsessed with guns, unlike some other countries.
So you like in Australia? North or South?
I heard that things were mighty tyrannical with the forced lock downs and such.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
So you like in Australia? North or South?
I heard that things were mighty tyrannical with the forced lock downs and such.
I'm in the South. Yes, there were lockdowns for a time. It's close to normal now. It does vary from state to state. That has nothing to do with gun ownership. Tyranny is an emotive word. COVID was spread all over the country by a few people who did not take quarantine seriously. The human and social cost has been enormous. That's the tyranny imposed by a few selfish and ignorant types on millions.