should Christians be racists?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
U

UnderGrace

Racism is endemic in our culture.
This is virtue signalling ....the left wing tactic of making whites look bad and making themselves look virtuous....stating racism is endemic is actually perpetuating a victim mentality. I believe that all people now have the same rights under the law,

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
I know most people won't admit it to others but many Christians are very racist. They fail to recognize Gods statutes of adoption and kindness to foreigners' and feel that salvation is mostly for the Caucasian branch of Noah's family tree so my endeavor was to point out what nonsense this very human trait is. People also thought Moses was Egyptian because his hair was nappy and his skin was dark. I don't often let people get my Goat. I don't let 'em know where it is but I'll make a lot of noise when they get close to it.
"Many Christians are very racist."

Well, I've generally had the opposite experience.

Also, we might do well to define the word "many" in your statement, so we know what you're actually talking about.
Is "many" some kind of percentage, or is it just a flat rate... like 5, or 11, or 32?
(But I honestly think 32 is a bit high.)

Conclusion:
1. Until we know exactly what you mean by "many", we can't even argue with you, because we don't really know what you're saying. How many is many?
2. Then, until we determine HOW you arrived at your number (did you read it in a book, or did it come to you in a dream etc) then we have no way to know if you've had some brilliant epiphany, or if you're just complaining about life at the end of a bad hair day.
3. The statement "many christians are racist" may APPEAR very confrontational, but it's honeslty so vague it doesn't really mean anything at all.

Dec 28, 2016
People claiming to be Christians have differing views. The question was rhetorical and definitely anti-racist.
I believe you harbor some "loathing" of others based on a false presumption that a large amount of Christians are racist. You came out swinging and continued swinging by making broad brush statements. The flow and context of your posts and OP lean that way, and honestly you're being disingenuous about all of it.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
This is virtue signalling ....the left wing tactic of making whites look bad and making themselves look virtuous....stating racism is endemic is actually perpetuating a victim mentality. I believe that all people now have the same rights under the law,
The point is it is pervasive and has existed longer than Jews. What I wrote I didn't hear on MSNBC and it's not about politics. It's about the willful, sinful nature of racism and some groups willingness to try and hang a scriptural context on it to disguise the true nature of it. Among all societies that I've come across in 64 years.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
I believe you harbor some "loathing" of others based on a false presumption that a large amount of Christians are racist. You came out swinging and continued swinging by making broad brush statements. The flow and context of your posts and OP lean that way, and honestly you're being disingenuous about all of it.
if 1% of a million Christians are racists that's 10,000 to me that's a lot. And I will always speak against them!

U

UnderGrace

The point is it is pervasive and has existed longer than Jews. What I wrote I didn't hear on MSNBC and it's not about politics. It's about the willful, sinful nature of racism and some groups willingness to try and hang a scriptural context on it to disguise the true nature of it. Among all societies that I've come across in 64 years.
First ...there is no such thing as race, that is just a made up construct.

You hang around with a bunch of people over 60 and think that is the norm ....go to a college campus and you will fit right in......and it is all about politics for sure.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
How many versions of Christian doctrines did you investigate before deciding which one to follow?

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
if 1% of a million Christians are racists that's 10,000 to me that's a lot. And I will always speak against them!
And that figure of "1%" is a number you pulled from which learned source?

No source?

You mean you just made it up?

Like just now?

Bob, we enjoy your company just fine.
And if you want to chat about issues, and problems, and things that bug you... that's also fine.
But if you want to make up numbers out of thin air... well... that's a bit less fine.

U

UnderGrace

How many versions of Christian doctrines did you investigate before deciding which one to follow?
Excuse me but what does that have to do with the topic at hand?

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
First ...there is no such thing as race, that is just a made up construct.

You hang around with a bunch of people over 60 and think that is the norm ....go to a college campus and you will fit right in......and it is all about politics for sure.
I was a psychology major under Cal State University Long Beach Guide lines. 9 years ago and I fit right in.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
And that figure of "1%" is a number you pulled from which learned source?

No source?

You mean you just made it up?

Like just now?

Bob, we enjoy your company just fine.
And if you want to chat about issues, and problems, and things that bug you... that's also fine.
But if you want to make up numbers out of thin air... well... that's a bit less fine.

Once again the whole sentence started with if.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Once again the whole sentence started with if.

And... if your whole sentence started with "if"... then... you really have nothing to say about this entire issue because you have absolutely no facts of any kind??

You're just complaining about a bunch of nothing?

U

UnderGrace

I was a psychology major under Cal State University Long Beach Guide lines. 9 years ago and I fit right in.
Exactly what I said, maybe there is where you adopted this leftist world view of identity politics, along with cultural marxism and the belief that all whites are racists :unsure:

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Excuse me but what does that have to do with the topic at hand?
It's really quite simple. How much do you know about the doctrines and teachings of denominations that call themselves Christian do you know about? Do you question authority and compare them with the word of God?

U

UnderGrace

Well this is the huge problem right here......lots of assumptions.

Why would you speak against them....if a Christian was indeed a racist then you should teach them otherwise.

calibob I am quite shocked at what you are advocating....do you support antifa too?

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
And... if your whole sentence started with "if"... then... you really have nothing to say about this entire issue because you have absolutely no facts of any kind??

You're just complaining about a bunch of nothing?

I don't need figures to prove what I have been told to my face.

U

UnderGrace

It's really quite simple. How much do you know about the doctrines and teachings of denominations that call themselves Christian do you know about? Do you question authority and compare them with the word of God?
You know we tend to project onto others what we ourselves are guilty, I have done that many times ...so just be aware of that.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
I don't need figures to prove what I have been told to my face.

Bob, YOU may be ok with slandering billions of people throughout Christendom, soley because YOU had a bad experience with someone...

but the rest of us are a bit more objective.