should Christians be racists?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

theanointedsinner

are people not freed from the apartheid law in South Africa?

why act like the law is still active when the power of "passing away" freed them from the apartheid law?

Dec 28, 2016
How about all who believe what they espouse. I was handed a Jimmy Swaggart bible once by a confused young man and he had highlighted several verses that had the word nigger in them.
I seriously doubt that. You need to document this accusation and prove that was in verses.

T

theanointedsinner

Is Christ divided?

what about apostle Peter, who had a vision to not be a racist?

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
How about all who believe what they espouse. I was handed a Jimmy Swaggart bible once by a confused young man and he had highlighted several verses that had the word nigger in them.
I'm no fan of Jimmy Swaggart, but let's stick to the facts anyway.

First of all, I don't think there is such a thing as a "Jimmy Swaggart Bible", although there is a particular Bible his ministry promotes called the "Expositor's Bible" ... which, as far I'm aware... no serious biblical students or scholars even use.

I'm not personally aware of the "n" word being in that bible, if in fact the Expositor's Bible is even what you're talking about.

So, please provide the verses in question, from the Bible in question, and we can all look at it together.
- If you can provide the evidence for your accusations, then we'll all be in agreement.
- If you cannot provide evidence... well... empty accusations don't really mean anything at all.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
I'm no fan of Jimmy Swaggart, but let's stick to the facts anyway.

First of all, I don't think there is such a thing as a "Jimmy Swaggart Bible", although there is a particular Bible his ministry promotes called the "Expositor's Bible" ... which, as far I'm aware... no serious biblical students or scholars even use.

I'm not personally aware of the "n" word being in that bible, if in fact the Expositor's Bible is even what you're talking about.

So, please provide the verses in question, from the Bible in question, and we can all look at it together.
- If you can provide the evidence for your accusations, then we'll all be in agreement.
- If you cannot provide evidence... well... empty accusations don't really mean anything at all.

I don't know where the young man got it. I would never buy a bible endorsed by a certain man's ministry or go around quoting what others say as scripture either. So You don't believe a percentage of us are racists. Well where did you get the ticket to Nirvana?

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
I don't know where the young man got it. I would never buy a bible endorsed by a certain man's ministry or go around quoting what others say as scripture either. So You don't believe a percentage of us are racists. Well where did you get the ticket to Nirvana?
Alright, here's what we've got:

1. You make all kinds of broad GENERAL claims of racism, and you can't support ANY of your claims with evidence.

2. Then you try to make some SPECIFIC claims of racism, and you can't support any of those claims either.

3. Not only do you FAIL to support anything you claim, but you then move on to DISPARAGING the rest of us for merely expecting you to PROVE THE NONSENSE THAT COMES OUT OF YOUR MOUTH.

I haven't heard Bob admit to being a leftist, but his behavior is certainly consistent with how they roll.
They slander people without any facts, reason, or evidence... knowing that if they simply SLANDER LONG ENOUGH, some idiot somewhere will believe them... and if you challenge them, they accuse you of being a racist for making them present actual facts... which they never have.

It's all just a big steaming pot of Neo-Marxist Conflict Theory set in the typical Marxist social engineering methodology.
It's old.
Old and tired.

I'm done here.

You guys have fun in the thread.

:)
---

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Alright, here's what we've got:

1. You make all kinds of broad GENERAL claims of racism, and you can't support ANY of your claims with evidence.

2. Then you try to make some SPECIFIC claims of racism, and you can't support any of those claims either.

3. Not only do you FAIL to support anything you claim, but you then move on to DISPARAGING the rest of us for merely expecting you to PROVE THE NONSENSE THAT COMES OUT OF YOUR MOUTH.

I haven't heard Bob admit to being a leftist, but his behavior is certainly consistent with how they roll.
They slander people without any facts, reason, or evidence... knowing that if they simply SLANDER LONG ENOUGH, some idiot somewhere will believe them... and if you challenge them, they accuse you of being a racist for making them present actual facts... which they never have.

It's all just a big steaming pot of Neo-Marxist Conflict Theory set in the typical Marxist social engineering methodology.
It's old.
Old and tired.

I'm done here.

You guys have fun in the thread.

:)
---
Just because you took offence to many. not most or all shows narrow mindedness and unless you are a racist it wasn't about you any way. How does the phrase go? Of the people, by the people and for the people shall not perish...That sounds democratic to me. Rich and poor, black, White, Latino...We struggled to make this a fair and great nation for most. Some got shorted, some always get shorted Perfect does not exist on this earth, yet. Should we surrender or go with the flow? I'm going to die someday but till I do I won't bow to Caesar or any of Satan's minions.

T

theanointedsinner

why do most BDF threads and discussion threads ends up becoming argument that shoots in many different directions?

accusation --> branch off in another direction
misunderstanding --> branch off in another direction

and given all these branches, BDF will become a very complex storm of swords and knives clanging each other in the midst of this chaotic warzone

why are we far too easy to judge from our bias, or whatever fundamental problem we may have in communication that have plagued the majority of BDF forums

T

theanointedsinner

why do most BDF threads and discussion threads ends up becoming argument that shoots in many different directions?

accusation --> branch off in another direction
misunderstanding --> branch off in another direction

and given all these branches, BDF will become a very complex storm of swords and knives clanging each other in the midst of this chaotic warzone

why are we far too easy to judge from our bias, or whatever fundamental problem we may have in communication that have plagued the majority of BDF forums
don't call it a forum, don't call it a thread, call it a tree, a tree that is forced to be one dimension, one post after another

a tree or a web has far too many dimensions to be adequately condensed into a linear sequence of post

M

Miri

Wow can’t believe how much this thread has deteriorated.
What are we doing now, slandering people for posting an opinion.

I would add that I live in UK, I’m mixed race.
Personally I had to put up with a lot of racism, name calling growing up.
I’m 50 now. The racism has almost dimished to the point where for me
anyway, it’s non existant.

I do encounter it occasionally and it’s invariably the older generation,
who were taught and grew up with this kind of ignorant thinking,
who are still of that same mindset. Like the old lady in the bus stop
last year who was openly telling her old friend that these “bleep bleep”
should go back to the jungle where they come from.

I honestly think that unless you are in a position to experience
racism for yourself, either because you are non white or because you
have family/friends who are non white. It’s hard to appreciate the
harm and venom by which it is expressed. The intent and thinking
behind it, are pure poison, I would go as far as saying satanic by nature.

The reason being is that a racist person, somehow holds the belief that
a non white person is something less than human, which goes completely
against everything the bible teaches.

Racism demonises people for the colour of their skin. It assumes
“Evolution” somehow created a lesser being.
It is also a thinking built on fear and ignorance.

No genuine born again Christians could continue to hold such views
against the backdrop of the word of God and God’s love.

As has been in an earlier post, I think the problem is that churches often have
congregations of the genuinely saved and the traditional church
attendees who go to church out of tradition, who are not born again.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Wow can’t believe how much this thread has deteriorated.
What are we doing now, slandering people for posting an opinion.

I would add that I live in UK, I’m mixed race.
Personally I had to put up with a lot of racism, name calling growing up.
I’m 50 now. The racism has almost dimished to the point where for me
anyway, it’s non existant.

I do encounter it occasionally and it’s invariably the older generation,
who were taught and grew up with this kind of ignorant thinking,
who are still of that same mindset. Like the old lady in the bus stop
last year who was openly telling her old friend that these “bleep bleep”
should go back to the jungle where they come from.

I honestly think that unless you are in a position to experience
racism for yourself, either because you are non white or because you
have family/friends who are non white. It’s hard to appreciate the
harm and venom by which it is expressed. The intent and thinking
behind it, are pure poison, I would go as far as saying satanic by nature.

The reason being is that a racist person, somehow holds the belief that
a non white person is something less than human, which goes completely
against everything the bible teaches.

Racism demonises people for the colour of their skin. It assumes
“Evolution” somehow created a lesser being.
It is also a thinking built on fear and ignorance.

No genuine born again Christians could continue to hold such views
against the backdrop of the word of God and God’s love.

As has been in an earlier post, I think the problem is that churches often have
congregations of the genuinely saved and the traditional church
attendees who go to church out of tradition, who are not born again.
I'll piggy back on that and say some go from fear of hell not love of God.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
It all depends on what you want to call racism. Do you mean we should hate every other race and seek to do them harm, then the answer is no. Do you mean we are to recognize that there are different races which carry with them their own characteristics, then I believe yes we should be rascists.

I recognize that salvation is to all and every believer is the same in Christ.

As was said already, God made the races. Why should we ignore race? Did not God choose the Jews as a particular people and contrast them with the Gentiles?

I think there is much to consider here. And I am sure it will start a lot of heated discussion. I don't have the time right now and will be out of touch for several days but will be sure to respond when I get back.

Quantrill
Hi, My understanding of why the Jews first thing, is that they were the first peoples to worship the One True God.

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
I seriously doubt that. You need to document this accusation and prove that was in verses.
Google came up with this:

Act 13:1 Now there were in the church that was at Antioch certain prophets and teachers; as Barnabas, and Simeon that was called Niger, and Lucius of Cyrene, and Manaen, which had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul.

G3526
Νίγερ
Niger
neeg'-er
Of Latin origin; black; Niger, a Christian: - Niger.

G3526
Νίγερ
Niger
Thayer Definition:
Niger = “black”
1) surname of the prophet Simeon
Part of Speech: noun proper masculine
A Related Word by Thayer’s/Strong’s Number: of Latin origin