should Christians be racists?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 28, 2016
Google came up with this:

Act 13:1 Now there were in the church that was at Antioch certain prophets and teachers; as Barnabas, and Simeon that was called Niger, and Lucius of Cyrene, and Manaen, which had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul.

G3526
Νίγερ
Niger
neeg'-er
Of Latin origin; black; Niger, a Christian: - Niger.

G3526
Νίγερ
Niger
Thayer Definition:
Niger = “black”
1) surname of the prophet Simeon
Part of Speech: noun proper masculine
A Related Word by Thayer’s/Strong’s Number: of Latin origin
I'm fully aware of that text and it has nothing to do with racism. Unless someone wants it to be racist.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
If racist come to the Lord and invite Jesus in their heart, they Will stop Being racist, because Holy spirit in them Will tell them that according to matt 25 racist not go to heaven. Yes It Will forgiven If they repent. If rapist repent, It Will forgiven, If rapist not repent, and keep rape every week, It Will not forgiven.
That's like saying if a sinner comes to the LORD and invites Jesus into their heart, they will stop sinning because the Holy Spirit in them will tell them that it is wrong to sin...

The problem is that people do not cease from sinning in their lives...

If you make this a law for racism then you have to be consistent and make it the case for all sins and if it is the case for all sins then No one will be forgiven and Jesus died on the cross in vain..

But the good news is that the covering of the Blood of the LORD Jesus covers all our sins from the day we believe till the day we die..:)

rlm68

Jul 23, 2018
I was adopted. I never knew what my racial mix was, does that make make me less saved? It may seem like a stupid question to some but it is an encompassing question to others.

should Christians be racists?

I would believe a true person following the example of Yeshua would be fair, open minded toward race as they do not see color differences, and possess NO bigotry within them!!

After all, if you read the history of the HEBREWS to JEWS, you will see how the Hebrews were slaves to the Egyptians (Africa), Philistines (Mediterranean), and to the Babylonians-Meads-Persians (Mediterranean). No doubt, as slave owners, the captor took advantage of the captive women. No doubt, When Moses led Israel out of Egypt, it was a mixed group of Hebrews, Egyptians, ((Hegyptians))((Egyptbrews))?, all blood related.

Paul, who was Saul and author of 2/3rds of the New Testament, claimer that he once was qualified to be a Pharisee, 100% Hebrew/Jew heritage, once was asked if he was ETHIOPIAN!! Now, you would have to look similar to Ethiopians to be asked about it... But clearly Paul was very dark skinned in complexion, to be asked if he was basically from Africa (home of Egypt), knowing he was a Pharisee and trained in the Torah by the very best. Scripture makes it quite clear that Paul's family was well off and that Paul wanted for nothing.

But to the point, Knowing the Hebrews were slaves by people of Africa and people of the Mediterranean, knowing their blood was mixed and passed onto the next generations of Hebrews becoming Jews, is about as good as any indication of what our LORD and SAVIOR LOOKS LIKE!!

Both in Ezekiel and Revelation, when describing the throne room of God and the Ancient One sitting upon His throne, indicate He was a BURNT BRASS color (if you heat brass it turns black (even just heating it up with acetylene and oxygen turns it black). Scriptures from both Ezekiel and Revelation also indicate the Ancient One's hair is like WOOL!!

So in lamens terms:

JESUS (Yeshua) AIN'T WHITE!!
The actual scripture mentioned concerning the complexion of the Messiah was compared to as an olive matures. Which olives are a variety of colors between green and black. But knowing the history of the Hebrews to Jews, and knowing Paul was very dark skinned, that olive complexion describing the Messiah must've been dark brown to black!!

So, if you are claiming to be a Christian (follower of Christ), you better love the fact that our God is not WHITE!!

This is why if you actually love Christ, you love those around you, those you have never met, those who look different than you. And our God gave His life for us!! He not only implied true love for His friends and all humanity, but He became an example for us to know how much He loves us!!

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
I would believe a true person following the example of Yeshua would be fair, open minded toward race as they do not see color differences, and possess NO bigotry within them!!

After all, if you read the history of the HEBREWS to JEWS, you will see how the Hebrews were slaves to the Egyptians (Africa), Philistines (Mediterranean), and to the Babylonians-Meads-Persians (Mediterranean). No doubt, as slave owners, the captor took advantage of the captive women. No doubt, When Moses led Israel out of Egypt, it was a mixed group of Hebrews, Egyptians, ((Hegyptians))((Egyptbrews))?, all blood related.

Paul, who was Saul and author of 2/3rds of the New Testament, claimer that he once was qualified to be a Pharisee, 100% Hebrew/Jew heritage, once was asked if he was ETHIOPIAN!! Now, you would have to look similar to Ethiopians to be asked about it... But clearly Paul was very dark skinned in complexion, to be asked if he was basically from Africa (home of Egypt), knowing he was a Pharisee and trained in the Torah by the very best. Scripture makes it quite clear that Paul's family was well off and that Paul wanted for nothing.

But to the point, Knowing the Hebrews were slaves by people of Africa and people of the Mediterranean, knowing their blood was mixed and passed onto the next generations of Hebrews becoming Jews, is about as good as any indication of what our LORD and SAVIOR LOOKS LIKE!!

Both in Ezekiel and Revelation, when describing the throne room of God and the Ancient One sitting upon His throne, indicate He was a BURNT BRASS color (if you heat brass it turns black (even just heating it up with acetylene and oxygen turns it black). Scriptures from both Ezekiel and Revelation also indicate the Ancient One's hair is like WOOL!!

So in lamens terms:

JESUS (Yeshua) AIN'T WHITE!!
The actual scripture mentioned concerning the complexion of the Messiah was compared to as an olive matures. Which olives are a variety of colors between green and black. But knowing the history of the Hebrews to Jews, and knowing Paul was very dark skinned, that olive complexion describing the Messiah must've been dark brown to black!!

So, if you are claiming to be a Christian (follower of Christ), you better love the fact that our God is not WHITE!!

This is why if you actually love Christ, you love those around you, those you have never met, those who look different than you. And our God gave His life for us!! He not only implied true love for His friends and all humanity, but He became an example for us to know how much He loves us!!
Amen!

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
The circumstances of where I grew up, I was a victim of racism because I was white. Later in mission work I was led to work with blacks and experienced almost no racism from them. I concluded that in the Christian circles of black culture, racism is very rare. Those circles are very wide.

On the other hand, blacks that do not grow up under the Christian culture train their children to hate the "man." Of course, the man being the established order of political power and law enforcement. That hurts them to hate that much and makes them racist and disrespectful to the extreme. :cool:

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
The circumstances of where I grew up, I was a victim of racism because I was white. Later in mission work I was led to work with blacks and experienced almost no racism from them. I concluded that in the Christian circles of black culture, racism is very rare. Those circles are very wide.

On the other hand, blacks that do not grow up under the Christian culture train their children to hate the "man." Of course, the man being the established order of political power and law enforcement. That hurts them to hate that much and makes them racist and disrespectful to the extreme. :cool:
Thank you!

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Alright, here's what we've got:

1. You make all kinds of broad GENERAL claims of racism, and you can't support ANY of your claims with evidence.

2. Then you try to make some SPECIFIC claims of racism, and you can't support any of those claims either.

3. Not only do you FAIL to support anything you claim, but you then move on to DISPARAGING the rest of us for merely expecting you to PROVE THE NONSENSE THAT COMES OUT OF YOUR MOUTH.

I haven't heard Bob admit to being a leftist, but his behavior is certainly consistent with how they roll.
They slander people without any facts, reason, or evidence... knowing that if they simply SLANDER LONG ENOUGH, some idiot somewhere will believe them... and if you challenge them, they accuse you of being a racist for making them present actual facts... which they never have.

It's all just a big steaming pot of Neo-Marxist Conflict Theory set in the typical Marxist social engineering methodology.
It's old.
Old and tired.-
Any statistician worth their salt will tell you that statisticians can make statistics say anything they want. Not having a number provided by a statistician proves nothing except that you are looking for a logical fallacy (appeal to authority). You seem to be saying that since no such official number has been provided as evidence, there are therefore really NO Christians who are racists, and that to say any number of Christians are racists is slander. Who are the racists, then? Just everybody else?

Oct 20, 2018
The way I see it, if you call yourself a Christian, you are proclaiming that you believe in Christ and you live and walk by Him just as He lived and walked on this earth; as One who came to every man and met EVERY man's need, so if you are a Christian yet you hate other people because of their race, then you my friend lack vision. Vision of who Christ is and what He has accomplished. In Ephesians we see that He on the cross put to death not only our sins but the ordinances and the laws that kept us away from one another, even abolishing in His flesh the laws and commandments, so making peace; Colossians shows us this as well, where there cannot be Jew nor Gentile, slave or free man , barbarian or scythian for Christ is all and in all that's how I see it.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
The way I see it, if you call yourself a Christian, you are proclaiming that you believe in Christ and you live and walk by Him just as He lived and walked on this earth; as One who came to every man and met EVERY man's need, so if you are a Christian yet you hate other people because of their race, then you my friend lack vision. Vision of who Christ is and what He has accomplished. In Ephesians we see that He on the cross put to death not only our sins but the ordinances and the laws that kept us away from one another, even abolishing in His flesh the laws and commandments, so making peace; Colossians shows us this as well, where there cannot be Jew nor Gentile, slave or free man , barbarian or scythian for Christ is all and in all that's how I see it.
AMEN & amen!

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
That's like saying if a sinner comes to the LORD and invites Jesus into their heart, they will stop sinning because the Holy Spirit in them will tell them that it is wrong to sin...

The problem is that people do not cease from sinning in their lives...

If you make this a law for racism then you have to be consistent and make it the case for all sins and if it is the case for all sins then No one will be forgiven and Jesus died on the cross in vain..

But the good news is that the covering of the Blood of the LORD Jesus covers all our sins from the day we believe till the day we die..:)
The problem is in matt 25 :43 Jesus Himself say racist not go to heaven. And He never Lie.

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
Paul, who was Saul and author of 2/3rds of the New Testament, claimer that he once was qualified to be a Pharisee, 100% Hebrew/Jew heritage, once was asked if he was ETHIOPIAN!!
Hi,

Where is this located?

Davenport

Oct 22, 2018
All whites are victims of racism, whether it be the general demonetization that society does against whites or specific acts discrimination against whites in the name of "diversity", "Affirmative Action", or whatever. The Democrat party tries to win elections by stirring up racism against white males.

And, say what? You don't experience much racism from black Christians? Every black church I've ever visited was more racist than the most racist white church I ever visited. Go ahead, name you favorite black preacher that can be found on youtube and I won't have to listen very long to hear overt racism. But, good luck finding any popular white preacher on youtube saying anything racist.

Dec 28, 2016
All whites are victims of racism, whether it be the general demonetization that society does against whites or specific acts discrimination against whites in the name of "diversity", "Affirmative Action", or whatever. The Democrat party tries to win elections by stirring up racism against white males.

And, say what? You don't experience much racism from black Christians? Every black church I've ever visited was more racist than the most racist white church I ever visited. Go ahead, name you favorite black preacher that can be found on youtube and I won't have to listen very long to hear overt racism. But, good luck finding any popular white preacher on youtube saying anything racist.
Yep, visited a "black" church in Columbus OH that had Jesse Jackson in trying to get candidacy for POTUS. We lived across the parking lot from them. Jackson said when he became president "they" would be the majority, not the minority. The folks who went to see him parked across and in peoples driveways and proudly got out and walked to the building. That's one incident.

Visited there myself, the hate and racism was thick. They also intermingled with muslims, which I never understood.

Today, if you're white and not leftist you're considered racist. I say "and not leftist" because many traitor whites that are leftists have turned on other whites - they're scared and have joined those they are afraid of.

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
Jews are not a race, though.
It depends on what you call a race. Jews have a Levitical genetic marker. Some who emigrated to northern Africa and married into the black community there kept their identity as Jews. It is proved by that Levitical marker. They look black but are also Jews. They were welcomed as Jews in Israel but as always some discriminated against them. Jews are unique in history. All other groups kicked out of their homeland lost their identity. For those who hate Jews look at what happened to Germany. Hitler had 6 million killed and Germany was bombed into ruins.

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
My wife and i are Caucasian and we adopted 2 multiracial children, Caucasian, Negro, and American Indian. I have seen discrimination at times against them.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
You seem to be saying that since no such official number has been provided as evidence, there are therefore really NO Christians who are racists, and that to say any number of Christians are racists is slander. Who are the racists, then? Just everybody else?

Sorry, but I just can't be any more clear than clear.

Instead of taking a "guess" at what I "seem" to be saying... it might be better to just look at exactly what I said verbatim.

I was very clear, and said exactly what I meant... nothing more and nothing less... I was very clear and explicit.

There is no need to "guess" at what I "seem" to be saying... I was very explicit, very clear, and said exactly what I meant.

Because I was very clear, and very explicit, it would be a MISTAKE to accuse me of something I didn't say.

If you feel like defending Bob, or you just have some problem with me, that's all fine...
but it would be a mistake to accuse me of saying something I didn't say.

I think you and I have always gotten along fine, and I have no bone to pick with you... so how about we just consider this a simple misunderstanding, and move on?

Maybe it's a full moon.

God Bless,
Max

Davenport

Oct 22, 2018
It depends on what you call a race. Jews have a Levitical genetic marker.
Jews do not have a "levitical genetic marker". Saying ignorant things to fabricate a race is ignorant racism.

They look black but are also Jews.
"Beta Israel" are blacks, by race. Jews by religion. For information on their genetics: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beta_Israel#Genetics The word "levitical" doesn't appear anywhere in that section on genetics.

They were welcomed as Jews in Israel but as always some discriminated against them. Jews are unique in history. All other groups kicked out of their homeland lost their identity. For those who hate Jews look at what happened to Germany. Hitler had 6 million killed and Germany was bombed into ruins.
The black Jews were hardly welcomed into Israel, because most Jews think blacks subhuman. They were hesitantly allowed in, by the same criteria as other Jews. But, Israel has no genetic criteria for admission. To be allowed to immigrate to Israel, you are required to be anti-Christian, in Talmudic tradition, along with your spouse and parents. Again, there is no genetic criteria (and, no such thing as Christian Jews).

U

UnderGrace

I was adopted. I never knew what my racial mix was, does that make make me less saved? It may seem like a stupid question to some but it is an encompassing question to others.
One is either saved or not saved so your question is non sequitur.
As well salvation in the new covenant is not related to a person's ancestors.
"provocateur" comes to mind

I am waiting for your denounciation of antifa, I have not seen it yet?