That must come from the long ending of Mark 16. The scribe probably worked for Wendy's.
For the cause of Christ
Roger
I didn't think Mark 16 had a long ending....It was deep though. Too deep for some.
That must come from the long ending of Mark 16. The scribe probably worked for Wendy's.
For the cause of Christ
Roger
Jesus did not "fan out" his disciples and followers and tell them to "relate what they saw". He send them out to perform the miracles, not talk about the miracles.(Luke 10) The Holy Spirit works in our heart through the message of the His Word.(Hebrews 4:12) He does not "woo" us with hearsay stories.So Jesus is walking along with His disciples and a few followers and He performs a miracle. So these disciples and followers fan out to neighboring towns and locales and relate what they saw. Let's suppose it was a healing. Some of those hearing will listen and think 'gee this group of people all seem pretty sure about what they have witnessed happening' and receive the message. Others in the crowd are skeptical, and want to see medical records and doctors statements and ya know without a good xray it's all bs to them. They don't receive the message, and do not welcome those bringing it, and in their lack of faith grieve the Holy Spirit who sent those witnesses to woo them.
Yes you are right, only the Lord sees the heart. But we all get to see what comes forth out of it.
Because everybody knows the chicken came first.Ok so how do I know that it is not the chicken that tastes like frog legs, rabbit, and rattlesnake? Perhaps you are attributing the flavor to the wrong animal.
For the cause of Christ
Roger
Very true, and a good observation. They did do miracles. But remember back when Jesus was traveling and doing miracles, what the common denominator was in all of them? It was the faith of those who were receiving them. "Do you believe I can do this?" yes, boom it was done. "You don't even have to be there" said the Centurion. And it's done. 'He doesn't have to know I touched Him' was the old woman's thought. And it was done. Before anyone received a miracle they had to believe Jesus could pull it off. And where did their belief come from? Hearing testimonies from others and believing it so.Jesus did not "fan out" his disciples and followers and tell them to "relate what they saw". He send them out to perform the miracles, not talk about the miracles.(Luke 10) The Holy Spirit works in our heart through the message of the His Word.(Hebrews 4:12) He does not "woo" us with hearsay stories.
The answer is, I see signs miracles and wonders because I believe.Pure straw man argument. Jesus never did anything on a haphazard basis. Everything had purpose according to His divine will.
You are going to believe what you want. Question becomes can you or will you believe without signs, miracles and wonders?
For the cause of Christ
Roger
Be sure to cross reference John 3:5 with John 4:10,14; 7:37-39.![]()
Jesus said, "born of water and the Spirit" He did not say born of baptism and the Spirit. To automatically read baptism into this verse simply because it mentions "water" is unwarranted. Scripture interprets itself. Notice in John 7:38-39, "He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of LIVING WATER. But this He spoke concerning the SPIRIT. If "water" is arbitrarily defined as baptism, then we could just as justifiably say, "Out of his heart will flow rivers of living baptism" in John 7:38. If this sounds ridiculous, it is no more so than the idea that water baptism is the source or the means of becoming born again.....and your conclusion is?
Oh please don't feel sorry for me. I'm so happy in Jesus I can hardly stand it.The answer is, I see signs miracles and wonders because I believe.
I really feel sorry that you don't.
No Ben you are as usual wrong.Shouldn't it rather be that the supernatural challenges us? Where is our faith? We hear testimonies and scoff? Such little faith, wouldn't you say? Our faith should be ever growing, not finding reasons to disbelieve. Skepticism and doubt are a hindrance, dare I say naivety would be far more productive in our walk. This is after all a walk of faith.
Why place limits in our hearts and minds that could possibly rob others? No, let there be no limit, no ceiling, and no boundary. Anything is possible with God! All things are possible! Do you know who God is!? Come now, do not reason yourself into limiting what God can do through you with your limited mindset. No, all things are possible. God is sovereign.
Shouldn't it rather be that the supernatural challenges us? Where is our faith? We hear testimonies and scoff? Such little faith, wouldn't you say? Our faith should be ever growing, not finding reasons to disbelieve. Skepticism and doubt are a hindrance, dare I say naivety would be far more productive in our walk. This is after all a walk of faith.
Why place limits in our hearts and minds that could possibly rob others? No, let there be no limit, no ceiling, and no boundary. Anything is possible with God! All things are possible! Do you know who God is!? Come now, do not reason yourself into limiting what God can do through you with your limited mindset. No, all things are possible. God is sovereign.
LOl I find the response to Ben very interesting Without faith it is impossible to Please God . what is faith?No Ben you are as usual wrong.
It is the word of God that challenges us. Provokes us unto righteousness and keeps our focus on Christ our Savior.
For the cause of Christ
Roger
Jesus said, "born of water and the Spirit" He did not say born of baptism and the Spirit. To automatically read baptism into this verse simply because it mentions "water" is unwarranted. Scripture interprets itself. Notice in John 7:38-39, "He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of LIVING WATER. But this He spoke concerning the SPIRIT. If "water" is arbitrarily defined as baptism, then we could just as justifiably say, "Out of his heart will flow rivers of living baptism" in John 7:38. If this sounds ridiculous, it is no more so than the idea that water baptism is the source or the means of becoming born again.
In John 4:10, Jesus said, "If you knew the gift of God, and who it is who says to you, 'Give Me a drink,' you would have asked Him, and He would have given you living water." In John 4:14, Jesus said, "but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life. *Jesus connects this living water here with everlasting life. *Living water is not water baptism. In 1 Corinthians 12:13, we also read - ..drink into one Spirit. Spiritual cleansing is not accomplished by plain, ordinary H20.
This is off topic, and I apologize ahead of time if I start a rabbit trail, but I just want to share this. I have shared my testimony here and am always using it in my comments so many will know how I was reborn, but I know the day it happen, Sept. 29th 2013, I was at the end of my rope, I was done. I thought I was a Christian the last 5 years and thought I knew what that meant, but after my wreak and losing the use of my right arm, then 2 years of bad news after bad news I wasn't sure if I even wanted to believe in this "God stuff" anymore, if I ever did in the first place.Anything done by the Holy Spirit will always confess that Jesus came in the Flesh.
Continue reading in 1 John 4.
1Jn 4:2 By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God,
1Jn 4:3 and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you heard was coming and now is in the world already.
1Jn 4:4 Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.
1Jn 4:5 They are from the world; therefore they speak from the world, and the world listens to them.
1Jn 4:6 We are from God. Whoever knows God listens to us; whoever is not from God does not listen to us. By this we know the Spirit of truth and the spirit of error.
Take a little time to study these verses.
.Jesus said, "born of water and the Spirit" He did not say born of baptism and the Spirit. To automatically read baptism into this verse simply because it mentions "water" is unwarranted. Scripture interprets itself. Notice in John 7:38-39, "He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of LIVING WATER. But this He spoke concerning the SPIRIT. If "water" is arbitrarily defined as baptism, then we could just as justifiably say, "Out of his heart will flow rivers of living baptism" in John 7:38. If this sounds ridiculous, it is no more so than the idea that water baptism is the source or the means of becoming born again.
In John 4:10, Jesus said, "If you knew the gift of God, and who it is who says to you, 'Give Me a drink,' you would have asked Him, and He would have given you living water." In John 4:14, Jesus said, "but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life. *Jesus connects this living water here with everlasting life. *Living water is not water baptism. In 1 Corinthians 12:13, we also read - ..drink into one Spirit. Spiritual cleansing is not accomplished by plain, ordinary H20.
You quote Hebrews 11:1 yet you attest to not the things unseen but things seen. Faith comes from hearing the word of God. Faith is created in a mans heart by Gods grace and not the intent or volition of the man himself.LOl I find the response to Ben very interesting Without faith it is impossible to Please God . what is faith?
Heb 1:1 = Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
faith is supernatural . Because God has given faith to us . God is more than Natural HE is Supernatural well beyond the confines of human restrictions.
Rom 12: 3
: For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man themeasure of faith.
Dealt means to : Distribute, bestow , impart.
2cor 10:13 speaks of the measure
Eph 4:7 speaks of the measure
in all God is the one who is distributing.
No Ben , we should not be challenging the supernatural ; because God has already challenged us to move in the supernatural distribution of FAITH to where HE has Dealt to all .
You are not wrong Ben, just you have another application of the meaning of supernatural challenging .
no I did not but i can see why you would think that lol.You quote Hebrews 11:1 yet you attest to not the things unseen but things seen. Faith comes from hearing the word of God. Faith is created in a mans heart by Gods grace and not the intent or volition of the man himself.
Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
For the cause of Christ
Roger
That is great and you did not require signs, miracles or wonders to believe. That is what I have been talking about. Now get out there and fulfill the great commission.no I did not but i can see why you would think that lol.
Jesus is the Word I never saw HIM but I have faith HE is real and HE died and rose again. I did not see that happen but the Bible the word of God says it did happen BY faith God has given to me i am able to believe . to disagree just to be disagreeable is not a good thing![]()
notuptome your encouragement ... you need to work on .That is great and you did not require signs, miracles or wonders to believe. That is what I have been talking about. Now get out there and fulfill the great commission.
For the cause of Christ
Roger