Should Christians own guns?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

NayborBear

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
IMHO opinion? Yes! And be proficient with it/them! Swords too! As well as Rocket Launchers, Howitzers, Tanks, Ships, Submarines, and Aircraft, as well! Oh Yeah! Drones too! There's just too many running around like so many rabid dogs these days, to incarcerate! Think it's called "Trump Derangement Syndrome!" And, this isn't even including radical jihadi's, or radical jihadi sympathizers! ;)

Both "groups" figure they are "screening" for each other, in their war against Israel, and Christianity! :cautious:

SaintMichaels

Jun 6, 2018
I agree with you but in days to come if you can't find bullets won't the gun become useless?
6. “What’s the efficacy of banning these magazine clips? I will tell you… these are ammunition, they’re bullets. So the people who have those now, they’re going to shoot them, so if you ban them in the future, the number of these high capacity magazines is going to decrease dramatically over time because the bullets will have been shot and there won’t be any more available.” – Diana DeGette - Representative 1st District Colorado - **More Like This, Unfortunately

January 1, 2018: Background Checks to Buy Ammo in California!
December 19, 2017 By Stephen Frank

Business Insider How About Banning Bullets? The Constitution Doesn't Say Anything About Those...
Henry Blodget
Dec. 24, 2012

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
1 Timothy 5:8 But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

Isn't there an old middle eastern custom that says the head of the house is responsible for the safety of the people inside?

How would you protect the people in your home against a person with a gun if you don't have a gun?

Do you just pray for them?

James 2:15-17
15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,

16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?

17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

Gman

Nov 30, 2017
6. “What’s the efficacy of banning these magazine clips? I will tell you… these are ammunition, they’re bullets. So the people who have those now, they’re going to shoot them, so if you ban them in the future, the number of these high capacity magazines is going to decrease dramatically over time because the bullets will have been shot and there won’t be any more available.” – Diana DeGette - Representative 1st District Colorado - **More Like This, Unfortunately

January 1, 2018: Background Checks to Buy Ammo in California!
December 19, 2017 By Stephen Frank

Business Insider How About Banning Bullets? The Constitution Doesn't Say Anything About Those...
Henry Blodget
Dec. 24, 2012

Yeah that's the way they try to circumvent our rights :)

SaintMichaels

Jun 6, 2018
Yeah that's the way they try to circumvent our rights :)
Only if we let them while they're in office trying to do that. And only if we're foolish enough to re-elect them so they can try and try again.

The Constitution is a contract that protects we the people from the government. The second amendment, as with the first, and others, is an unalienable right! Not privilege. Right.
The way a country remains free from tyranny is when the people are armed so as to defend against a government that always is.

S

SpoonJuly

I agree with you but in days to come if you can't find bullets won't the gun become useless?
Can't find bullets? Everyone I know who owns guns have a few extra.;)

Latour

Jun 11, 2018
Only true Christians should own guns. I would give all guns to Mother Theresa type people. That way nobody would get hurt.

CS1

May 23, 2012
I was meditating on the passage in Luke I believe, where the Lord said that if someone did not have a sword, that they should sell their cloak and buy one because He is sending us as sheep among wolves... And what the Lord showed me or caused me to realize, is that, He did not say if someone did not have a weapon but was very specific in saying "Sword". So my question is: should Christians own guns? And even if it's ok to own a gun, is it not better to own a sword? The reason is, a gun is only useful as long as you have bullets and the mechanism works, where as a sword does not require ammo and a sword is useful for many things not just self defense. I would like to know what you guys think.
Context,

Peter did have a sword he was told not to live by it.

David had a sling, Shepard’s have staffs, Priest's had knives, Samson had a jawbones of an ass. Paul had Roman citizenship , and Americans have the second Amendment. The Law of the land .
yes Christian can have a gun, car, knife, house etc...