Should every christian be as fearless as the apostles after Pentecoast?

  • Thread starter Thread starter candycane7
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

candycane7

Guest
I really wonder about this.

Before Pentecoast they weren't fearless (see Peter denying Jesus). After Pentecoast they were totally different and fearless.

If they had exactly the same as every christian has then should not every single christian be just as fearless as they were?

But I am not fearless.

Can you honestly say that there is NOTHING out there, no scenario at all, under which you would be so scared that you'd

act just like Peter when he was asked by that woman if he wasn't a follower of Jesus? Can you honestly say that?

Even if you're threatened with death or torture or other really scary things?

I don't even think it's possible to answer that unless you're really in such a situation.

But what would happen if you're threatened with something and you're so scared that you just deny Jesus to get out of

it? What then?

That is really depressing. :(
 
I really wonder about this.

Before Pentecoast they weren't fearless (see Peter denying Jesus). After Pentecoast they were totally different and fearless.

If they had exactly the same as every christian has then should not every single christian be just as fearless as they were?

But I am not fearless.

Can you honestly say that there is NOTHING out there, no scenario at all, under which you would be so scared that you'd

act just like Peter when he was asked by that woman if he wasn't a follower of Jesus? Can you honestly say that?

Even if you're threatened with death or torture or other really scary things?

I don't even think it's possible to answer that unless you're really in such a situation.

But what would happen if you're threatened with something and you're so scared that you just deny Jesus to get out of

it? What then?

That is really depressing. :(

That is the difference between being led of the Spirit and led of the flesh.

Before Peter received the Spirit he denied Jesus to save his skin and feared when Jesus told him to walk on water.

The disciples before they received the Spirit fled when they took Jesus in the garden which Jesus told them they would.

But after they received the Spirit they were bold not fearing to confront kings and rulers to put forth the truth.

That is why Jesus was so bold to speak the truth for He was always led of the Spirit and it is the flesh that fears.

Which the Pharisees sent officers to take Jesus which they came back empty handed.

The Pharisees said why did you not take Him.

And they said because no man ever spoke like this man.

Jesus spoke so boldly that he cast doubt in the officers mind and they said we better leave this man alone for if He is telling the truth we do not want to be going against God.

The Bible says nothing can happen unless God allows it so Jesus knew they had no power over Him until His time had come and the disciples knew that after they received the Spirit.

The fear comes from the flesh but from the Spirit there is no fear.

Love is greater than faith and faith works by love.

Without love there is no salvation.

With the Spirit there is love which God gives the saints power, love, and a sound mind.

The Bible says love casts out fear and whoever fears is not made perfect in love.

Because love will proclaim the truth of God not fearing the world what they will do to them that oppose them.

For they have God on their side and by being bold they are testifying that they do not doubt Him that He will deliver them and if not they have eternal life.

Jesus said do not fear them that can kill the body but can do no more but fear God.

And greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world.

If you are led of the Spirit what is there to fear for you are doing what the Spirit wants you to do and not the fearful flesh.

The Spirit would not be fearful to proclaim the truth so a person led of the Spirit will not be fearful.

Gal 2:11 But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.
Gal 2:12 For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision.
Gal 2:13 And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation.
Gal 2:14 But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?

But Peter feared after he received the Spirit and let his flesh get in the way in that scenario.

Love is greater than faith and hope and love casts out fear.

He that fears is not made perfect in love.

Being led of the Spirit is love so there is no fear.

The flesh will fear to save its skin.

But led of the Spirit there is eternal life and nothing can happen to them unless God allows it so everything is alright.

That is the mistake about the Roman Catholic Church and how they went about extending God's kingdom when they used physical force by persecution.

For they will confess to save their skin but in their heart they do not mean it.

And may never accept it if they have a negative view of Christianity because of it.

But they will not say it openly for fear of persecution.

Jesus said if they do not want to accept the truth go away from them and do not persecute them.

Jesus said do not fight for the kingdom of God by physical force when He told Peter to put up his sword.

And in Revelation it says when the beast makes war against the saints they are not to fight back which this is the patience and faith of the saints.

For the saints are not to be like the world that fights for their beliefs by physical force and they let God handle it.

Everything is alright if you are with God and there is nothing to fear.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ThereRoseaLamb
I really wonder about this.

Before Pentecoast they weren't fearless (see Peter denying Jesus). After Pentecoast they were totally different and fearless.

If they had exactly the same as every christian has then should not every single christian be just as fearless as they were?

But I am not fearless.

Can you honestly say that there is NOTHING out there, no scenario at all, under which you would be so scared that you'd

act just like Peter when he was asked by that woman if he wasn't a follower of Jesus? Can you honestly say that?

Even if you're threatened with death or torture or other really scary things?

I don't even think it's possible to answer that unless you're really in such a situation.

But what would happen if you're threatened with something and you're so scared that you just deny Jesus to get out of

it? What then?

That is really depressing. :(
Believers are told NOT to fear, many times in the Word. We replace fear with faith, a most powerful gift from God. Think of the 3 young men in the fiery furnace, Daniel in the lion's den, David and Goliath. All overcame the carnal by faith and being 'in the Spirit'. One of my favorite Scriptures is 'Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit, says the Lord'. We need to build our 'Spirit man/woman' inside to overcome the world. Jesus told us we would be doing even greater things than He, and to me, that is whatever is needed at the time, will be possible🙏✝🙌🙌🙌
 
  • Like
Reactions: Omegatime
I really wonder about this.

Before Pentecoast they weren't fearless (see Peter denying Jesus). After Pentecoast they were totally different and fearless.

If they had exactly the same as every christian has then should not every single christian be just as fearless as they were?

But I am not fearless.

Can you honestly say that there is NOTHING out there, no scenario at all, under which you would be so scared that you'd

act just like Peter when he was asked by that woman if he wasn't a follower of Jesus? Can you honestly say that?

Even if you're threatened with death or torture or other really scary things?

I don't even think it's possible to answer that unless you're really in such a situation.

But what would happen if you're threatened with something and you're so scared that you just deny Jesus to get out of

it? What then?

That is really depressing. :(


God really loves His children! If something scared you, He will try to comfort you and help you overcome your fear. I know this for a FACT.

During the end of the Gulf War, the terrorists started kidnapping non-Muslims, putting them on video and saying that they will be beheaded or killed them in some other way.

One of the people they captured was a Korean translater. He was a Christian. He was crying and say that he didn't understand why this happened to him (I understood him saying this as "Why did God let this happen to me?"

I got a bit angry at him because I knew no Christian is guaranteed safety, health and riches. And God saw this. So you know what God did?

Later that night, I was sleeping. God woke me up. It was around 3'o clock in the morning. I didn't hear words, but in my heart I knew He wanted me to pray for my captured Korean brother in Christ.

I was to pray until He stops me. And He laid on my heart the specific things I was to pray for: that my Christian brother will know he is not alone. That God is with him. That God comforts him. That God allays his fears. That God gives him peace. And that God is going to be with him to bring him home.

Then around 5'o clock or so, I was awashed with God's peace! I knew my brother in Christ was home with God. God gave me such a peaceful and restful sleep right after that.

Lesson that God was showing me is that it is more important to comfort His children when they are afraid. So I'm to be merciful as He is and pray for God's comforting presence over them - that they be reminded of this. Because at times when a child of God does fear something, it's because that's the focus at the moment - we just need to help them focus back on God.

I still cry when I think of that incident. God's care for us is so overwhelmingly great, that I get speechless and filled with so many emotions! God is so wonderful!


🍱
 
If they had exactly the same as every christian has then should not every single christian be just as fearless as they were?

That should be the objective. We have to be surrendered body, soul and spirit to the Holy Spirit. That's the only way it works.
 
God really loves His children! If something scared you, He will try to comfort you and help you overcome your fear. I know this for a FACT.

During the end of the Gulf War, the terrorists started kidnapping non-Muslims, putting them on video and saying that they will be beheaded or killed them in some other way.

One of the people they captured was a Korean translater. He was a Christian. He was crying and say that he didn't understand why this happened to him (I understood him saying this as "Why did God let this happen to me?"

I got a bit angry at him because I knew no Christian is guaranteed safety, health and riches. And God saw this. So you know what God did?

Later that night, I was sleeping. God woke me up. It was around 3'o clock in the morning. I didn't hear words, but in my heart I knew He wanted me to pray for my captured Korean brother in Christ.

I was to pray until He stops me. And He laid on my heart the specific things I was to pray for: that my Christian brother will know he is not alone. That God is with him. That God comforts him. That God allays his fears. That God gives him peace. And that God is going to be with him to bring him home.

Then around 5'o clock or so, I was awashed with God's peace! I knew my brother in Christ was home with God. God gave me such a peaceful and restful sleep right after that.

Lesson that God was showing me is that it is more important to comfort His children when they are afraid. So I'm to be merciful as He is and pray for God's comforting presence over them - that they be reminded of this. Because at times when a child of God does fear something, it's because that's the focus at the moment - we just need to help them focus back on God.

I still cry when I think of that incident. God's care for us is so overwhelmingly great, that I get speechless and filled with so many emotions! God is so wonderful!


🍱


I just want to post a correction! It wasn't the Persian Gulf War - it was the Iraq War. I confused the names because they both dealt with Saddam Hussain, lol!


🚞
 
Yes we should. Danger was a part of regular every day life. But for those of us who live in Europe like me, or you guys who live in America, we are having an exceptional free ride. No one has ever had it this easy in Christian history.

Maybe during Constantine's early reign
 
There are no accidents.
Israel and the USA are both dedicated to the Father.
Israel by the covenant with Abraham, the USA from George Washington at St. Paul's Chapel a few blocks from 911.
Judgement returns to the place of the original covenant.
blessings:)(y):coffee:
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2ndTimeIsTheCharm
There are no accidents.
Israel and the USA are both dedicated to the Father.
Israel by the covenant with Abraham, the USA from George Washington at St. Paul's Chapel a few blocks from 911.
Judgement returns to the place of the original covenant.
blessings:)(y):coffee:
How are they dedicated to the Father? The United States is spreading its filth of hollywood, p0rn and prosperity gospel worldwide. Israel is the gay capital of the middle-east

Imo: No country is dedicated to the Lord.
 
  • Like
Reactions: billabong
How are they dedicated to the Father? The United States is spreading its filth of hollywood, p0rn and prosperity gospel worldwide. Israel is the gay capital of the middle-east

Imo: No country is dedicated to the Lord.


You act like EVERYONE in the US and Israel are like that and that's just not true. If it was left up to you you'd be pulling up all the wheat and tares together and not bothering to sort them out properly.

Fortunately, God isn't careless like you.


🚞
 
You act like EVERYONE in the US and Israel are like that and that's just not true. If it was left up to you you'd be pulling up all the wheat and tares together and not bothering to sort them out properly.

Fortunately, God isn't careless like you.


🚞

Still does not make the countries dedicated to Father.
 
I really wonder about this.

Before Pentecoast they weren't fearless (see Peter denying Jesus). After Pentecoast they were totally different and fearless.

Let's put this into perspective:

1. They knew Lazarus and stood at his grave and watched a dead person of 4 days rotting and decaying walk out alive

2. Peter, James and John saw the dead 12 year old girl raised to life, they saw the Transfiguration of Jesus

3. All of the Disciples saw Jesus cast out demons at least 20 times recorded in the Bible

4. They knew about the grieving Mother who was in the process of taking her dead son to the cemetery to be buried and Jesus rose him from death

5. They saw the wind and sea obey Jesus

6. They saw Jesus walking on water + Peter walked on water

7. They knew [John saw] Jesus was murdered upon the Cross, Buried, Resurrected, and then spent off and on with them for 40 days before Ascending up to Heaven.

.......

Eventually, once all of these experiences became more than just memories but their own REALITY they became emboldened and fearless. Once they were filled with the Holy Spirit of God and had POWER to do many things like Jesus did and taught them they became invincible to the concerns of this temporal earth. It was a process just like we're going through.
 
You act like EVERYONE in the US and Israel are like that and that's just not true. If it was left up to you you'd be pulling up all the wheat and tares together and not bothering to sort them out properly.

Fortunately, God isn't careless like you.


🚞
What @HeIsHere said

I never claimed everyone is like that. What I did claim is that they definitely arent in any way with the Father, or even a righteous nation when the majority of the population is indeed pro-lgbt. There is no righteous nation on this earth. The world is in wickedness.
 
What @HeIsHere said

I never claimed everyone is like that. What I did claim is that they definitely arent in any way with the Father, or even a righteous nation when the majority of the population is indeed pro-lgbt. There is no righteous nation on this earth. The world is in wickedness.


But you are putting special condemnation on them even as you say there are no righteous nations on this earth.

I watch a lot of international shows and believe me, the US and Israel aren't the only ones promoting lgbtq+, porn or prosperity gospel, etc. Each nation seems to have their own sin specialty which will make your skin crawl.

Unless God mentions a country/nation or people specifically in the Bible, He is not going to wipe out ALL of them off the face of the earth.


🚞
 
That is really depressing. :(

Indeed.
But Peter turned out to be a champion of faith didn't he?
And this is also why the prayer "Help my unbelief O Lord" exist.
We may fall into a dark corner at some point in our lives, that is true but that happens so God can help us get back in our feet again.
Sometimes this may include a Miracle but the fact that He has done Miracles in others should be enough.
 
But you are putting special condemnation on them even as you say there are no righteous nations on this earth.

I watch a lot of international shows and believe me, the US and Israel aren't the only ones promoting lgbtq+, porn or prosperity gospel, etc. Each nation seems to have their own sin specialty which will make your skin crawl.

Unless God mentions a country/nation or people specifically in the Bible, He is not going to wipe out ALL of them off the face of the earth.


🚞
I only mentioned those because those were brought up by shittim. There is no special condemnation. I agree the rest of the world is wicked as well. The ones who dont promote LGBT are equally wicked. They promote false religion (islam) or communism (china)
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2ndTimeIsTheCharm
I only mentioned those because those were brought up by shittim. There is no special condemnation. I agree the rest of the world is wicked as well. The ones who dont promote LGBT are equally wicked. They promote false religion (islam) or communism (china)