Should Gay Tv Shows have their own Channel or Rating?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 28, 2016
As a follower of Christ it would be wrong to support it, so Ill definitely stay with my "I think its wrong" stance : p If the world hates you, its because they hated Him first.

And Im not gonna do anything other than stand on Gods word, I was not commanded to do anything beyond that : p
(In case some atheist person is lurking to one up me by pointing out verses in the OT about stoning a homosexual to death, Christ said "he who is without sin cast the first stone", and if Im guilty of sexual immorality, I clearly cant caste judgement on someone else for it. The condemned cannot go around condemning the condemned, so nyah beat you to it)

Also I dont agree with your last point at all. I mean I follow Christ now. There are many others who have left their life of sin (no matter what sin it was) to come to Him. There will be those who answer the call, and we should totally be there to help guide them. (no offense or anything btw : p )
I really like this post. Very well stated brother.

Dec 19, 2009
seriously if a show has blood or gore in it then it has a Rating --- i think it should be the same with GAY content --- ---
cant even watch TV now with seeing this nonsense ---------
Such shows shouldn't be on the air, but Satan rules this world, as Jesus taught us.

presidente

May 29, 2013
Promoters of this evil perversion consider homosexual relationships to be normal and think everyone should accept them. So the ones who write and direct TV shows include homosexual characters and scenes to desensitize the public and to promote their evil views of sexuality. It's very much intentional. Rating shows as more 'mature' for having gay content would not promote their cause. They think if a show has a husband and wife kissing, and gets a child-friendly rating, that a show that shows two dudes or two lesbians kissing should get the same rating.

Putting all the gay shows on a gay channel isn't going to work. They aren't going to contain all that junk on one channel. Having a gay channel is a bad thing. It further entrenches societies acceptance that such a channel could exist. The perversion still seeps into other channels, even if they have a channel devoted to this perversion.

azlightsout

Apr 20, 2016
Putting all the gay shows on a gay channel isn't going to work. They aren't going to contain all that junk on one channel. Having a gay channel is a bad thing. It further entrenches societies acceptance that such a channel could exist.
This i understand . All im asking for is a simple Warning like they do for every show . Like a heads up . Not everyone wants to see this.

May 28, 2016
This i understand . All im asking for is a simple Warning like they do for every show . Like a heads up . Not everyone wants to see this.
I don't like romantic movies with love and hopelessness. I'd ask that there be a warning for that sort of thing too.

The Jehovah's Witnesses will probably ask for a warning whenever a flag is shown, or when people open up Christmas presents.

Where do we draw the line exactly?

Pres19

Nov 27, 2013
I was thinking.. (never a good thing lol)
Anyway, I was thinking about having a "warning/heads up" about the show.
Technically they do. Almost every show does. When you're on the guide channel looking for something to watch right below where it says the name of the show it'll tell you what the episode is about. Yeah its just "info" but you can use it to help decide if that show is something you wanna watch. Use it as your own "warning". Sometimes it gives you enough info about the episode to decide whether or not it's going to be appropriate by your standards to watch or inappropriate enough for you not to watch. And if there's not enough info you can simply go online type in the name of the show, type in the name of that episode and find out more about the episode and then boom you found out whether or not it's going to have something that you're okay with or something you're not okay with.
I mean the reality of the matter is, being gay is socially acceptable and because of this they're never going to say on a TV show with a big warning "hey be careful there's going to be gays on the show tonight" and if you think about it, it's kind of silly if they did worn viewers about something like that. I mean after all they made the show because they want views and if they tell you something that you're not going to like obviously you're not going to watch it. Which means their views go down. I'm not saying that I agree with it. I'm just saying that it's never going to happen. There's never going to be a big red warning label "watch out gays are appearing on this episode." Especially since being gay is now acceptable.

So really, do we blame them for showing it?
Or do we just learn to pay better attention to what we watch and just take the responsibility on ourselves to make sure that we do our research on a show before watching it so we don't watch something that we are against/don't agree with?

(Don't hate me, it's just my opinion. Lol)

Last edited: