Should hristian Women Wear Make-Up???

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Should Christian Women Wear,Make-Up To Church??

• Yes It Is All Right

Votes: 15 93.8%
  • Not It Is Not All Right

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oct 20, 2011
the bigger question is, should older christian men wear speedos

leelee

Sep 5, 2011
the bigger question is, should older christian men wear speedos
should any men wear speedos?

I actually rarely wear make-up and usually only wear a bit of concealer. The main reason I don't wear it often is that it blocks your pores and its worse if you are being particularly active. Since I am usually running round with the kids I don't bother but I recently had a week off and wanted to look pretty. :)

God sees beyond the outside though so I don't think He minds if you wear make-up. He is much more concerned with what's going on inside.

J

jimmydiggs

God sees beyond the outside though so I don't think He minds if you wear make-up. He is much more concerned with what's going on inside.
Unfortunately, that type of argumentation "he's much more concerned with what's on the inside than the outside, therefor makeup", can be used to justify a lot of things.

he's much more concerned with what's on the inside than the outside, therefor [substitute any external activity]

Also, I think scripture is pretty clear.

1 Peter 3:3
Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes.

tribesman

Oct 13, 2011
Unfortunately, that type of argumentation "he's much more concerned with what's on the inside than the outside, therefor makeup", can be used to justify a lot of things.

he's much more concerned with what's on the inside than the outside, therefor [substitute any external activity]

Also, I think scripture is pretty clear.

1 Peter 3:3
Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes.
Amen, bro.

It is also written:
1Tim.2

[9] In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;
[10] But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.
[11] Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
It is said of Jezebel that she painted her face, this was not the practice of Hebrew Women, and it seems that this type adornment has always been of Pagan practice. Why alter what God has given?

Pants on a Woman is a shame, for a woman shall not wear that which PERTAINS to a man, neither shall a man wear that which PERTAINS to a Woman, for ALL that do such are an.... Unto the Lord their God.
aND..i WOULD like to point out that there are pants that are specificaly designed for a woman. i mean really..how can you claim thaT women cant wear pants when pants didnt even exist back then??

leelee

Sep 5, 2011
you know what jimmy, thats cool, good luck finding a woman who agrees with all the things you say.

God knows my heart.

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
I personally don't see how women wearing simple makeup could be sin or be harmful spiritually. I don't usually put makeup on but sometimes if my acne looks bad, I'll put on SOME makeup. But not much at all. But I don't see the point in wearing a whole boatload of makeup. God created you just fine. If you wanna wear a little makeup, dress yourself up a bit just for fun or if you're attending a wedding or going someplace nice, go ahead. But the using half a pencil of eyeliner and half a thing of mascara...no point to it.

J

jimmydiggs

you know what jimmy, thats cool, good luck finding a woman who agrees with all the things you say.
I'm not interested in women who find their confidence and beauty in outward adornment, but rather the inner-beauty of submission to Christ.

1 Peter 3

3 Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. 4 Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight. 5 For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to adorn themselves. They submitted themselves to their own husbands, 6 like Sarah, who obeyed Abraham and called him her lord. You are her daughters if you do what is right and do not give way to fear.

God knows my heart.
Indeed, he does.

Feb 21, 2012
I'm not interested in women who find their confidence and beauty in outward adornment, but rather the inner-beauty of submission to Christ.

1 Peter 3

3 Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. 4 Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight. 5 For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to adorn themselves. They submitted themselves to their own husbands, 6 like Sarah, who obeyed Abraham and called him her lord. You are her daughters if you do what is right and do not give way to fear.

Indeed, he does.
Can't you do the above and still wear make-up? "it should be that of your inner self the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit" can shine through make-up - make-up doesn't do anything but cover a few flaws on the outside - I see nothing wrong with women wanting to look nice.

God bless.

J

jimmydiggs

Can't you do the above and still wear make-up? "it should be that of your inner self the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit" can shine through make-up - make-up doesn't do anything but cover a few flaws on the outside - I see nothing wrong with women wanting to look nice.

God bless.
Flaws?

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
It is said of Jezebel that she painted her face, this was not the practice of Hebrew Women, and it seems that this type adornment has always been of Pagan practice. Why alter what God has given?

Pants on a Woman is a shame, for a woman shall not wear that which PERTAINS to a man, neither shall a man wear that which PERTAINS to a Woman, for ALL that do such are an.... Unto the Lord their God.
...and while we're on the subject of Jezebel, it sounds like you have some major control issues...you know who else had control issue???? That would be JeZebel..

Dec 9, 2011
SHOULD CHRISTIAN WOMEN WEAR MAKE-UP TO CHURCH????
it goes to show us,just how the world has influenced christ followers, and how little christ followers have influenced the world.
we want to be accepted by the world it seems ,so much....everywhere you look,it seems there is a worldly mentality,i wonder sometimes if christians truly or not aware.example(showing cleavege,tight clothing,buying material things to make you feel better,dying the hair,i don't mean to be overbearing,but either we are in the world and not of it,or we are in the world and kind of-of it.i guess thats called being a baby on milk.its ok when you are a baby,crawling and everyone says thats so cute,but if you are grown and you are crawling,there is something wrong about that.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
i thing wearing makeup and going to church with your boobies poppin out are 2 entirely differnt issues