Should I use the same bible version as my church even though I don't like it?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Old Testament - Greek Septuagint with Apocrypha. English Translation Sir Lancelot Charles Lee Brenton.

New Testament - The Companion Bible KJV. E.W. Bullinger Notes.

The KJV NT is translated from the Greek, the KJV OT from Masoretic Hebrew, that is why in regard to the OT it must be verified by the Septuagint first as the Greek is the primary witness, if it agrees then the Hebrew - Latin- English can be quoted accurately.

Bullingers Notes are extremely important because the KJV contains many, many errors, these errors I believe are deliberate and very dangerous. Always use a good Concordance and lexicon, there are many good Bible software programs today as well that are very convieniant and helpful.

:eek:..sorry you startled me as I didn't think you would reply!.
Thanks, will look into it:)
 
Thaddeus I'll thank you not to question my motives in starting this thread, and would add that your advice was most unhelpful.



Anyhow, my aim here was not to discuss the merits of the KJV, nor any other translation, but simply to ascertain whether there were any scriptures instructing us not to have fellowship with those with whom we differ on scriptural or biblical issues, or even whether it would be rude by wordly standards.

As far as I know it is not strictly or by rule a KJV-only church, but the KJV is the one everyone uses. My church does not have a 'pastor' so I'd have to ask some of the other believers whether they have a problem with it I guess. I would only start bringing a KJV to church if people objected to my version, not because I'm convinced of the superiority of the KJV, which I'm not, but because I wouldn't want to offend others, which at present I don't know whether I'm doing.

Thanks to everyone for your replies - this issue is resolved, unless anyone knows of any scriptures that could be applied to this situation.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.