Should President Trump be Impeached?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Should President Trump be Impeached?

• Total voters

bojack

Dec 16, 2019
I love our President Donald J Trump .. From the first time I heard him when he first announced he would run for office .. And I am convinced God has his hand on him ..

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
I've read several news stories, but have not once heard what the impeach able offenses are? Just seems to be a lot of rhetoric. I see no justifiable reason for this in an election year? Why not just let the voters decide?

The President has the authority to take peaceful preventative actions, such as private dialogue with other nations, without having his every statement used as evidence for impeachment.

This is still "One Nation Under God," Praying for God and the voters to decide would be better than deciding an election in court.

And let the Russians decide how to engage in dialogue, as they find necessary.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
The impeachment of an incumbent president is no light matter. But the Democrats have made a TOTAL MOCKERY of the meaning and the reasons for impeachment.
Clinton was impeached for (1) lying and (2) obstructing justice.

was that a '
mockery of the meaning & reasons for impeachment' in your opinion?

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Clinton was impeached for (1) lying and (2) obstructing justice. was that a 'mockery of the meaning & reasons for impeachment' in your opinion?
Bottom Line: Clinton's impeachment was not BOGUS from the get go. And in the end it did not go forward.

Trump's impeachment is a farce and a continuation of the bogus Mueller Witch Hunt. This is all a part of a conspiracy and a coup at the highest levels, and I am surprised that you are not admitting that. This is a blatant attempt to disregard the will of the people and shred the Constitution.

So do you love what the lawless Democrats are up to?

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Clinton was impeached for (1) lying and (2) obstructing justice.

was that a 'mockery of the meaning & reasons for impeachment' in your opinion?
Since I know you to be a fairly intelligent person, I have no choice but believe this is a purposefully deceptive post.

Bill Clinton was impeached for LYING UNDER OATH to a federal Grand jury. It doesn't matter that he lied about sexual encounters. He was under oath in a court of Law.

Trump committed NO crime. If you heard or read the transcript of the conversation, which the President voluntarily released, you know there was NOTHING wrong with what he said. And if you were being totally honest, you would admit that Joe Biden essentially committed the "quid pro quo" that the President is accused of.

That there isn't ANY discernable outrage by you and others that dislike, (to say the least), President Trump over the CRIMINAL behavior of Obama's FBI, Justice Dept, CIA, etc... is not only telling, but dangerous.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Since I know you to be a fairly intelligent person, I have no choice but believe this is a purposefully deceptive post.

Bill Clinton was impeached for LYING UNDER OATH to a federal Grand jury. It doesn't matter that he lied about sexual encounters. He was under oath in a court of Law.

Trump committed NO crime. If you heard or read the transcript of the conversation, which the President voluntarily released, you know there was NOTHING wrong with what he said. And if you were being totally honest, you would admit that Joe Biden essentially committed the "quid pro quo" that the President is accused of.

That there isn't ANY discernable outrage by you and others that dislike, (to say the least), President Trump over the CRIMINAL behavior of Obama's FBI, Justice Dept, CIA, etc... is not only telling, but dangerous.
Eh, yeah

Lying, obstruction of justice.
Same as I said.
So i dunno why you would mark 'disagree' when you completely agree with my completely factual statements.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Eh, yeah

Lying, obstruction of justice.
Same as I said.
So i dunno why you would mark 'disagree' when you completely agree with my completely factual statements.
Your “factual” statement omitted the most important part. To the unlearned, saying “ he got impeached for lying” carries very little weight, and seems like a trivial matter, UNLESS it’s in the context that he lied under oath, in a court of Law.

You highlight a similar tactic used by the MSM to twist the news.
so yeah .... I disagree strongly with that

Aug 10, 2019
Canada
Your “factual” statement omitted the most important part. To the unlearned, saying “ he got impeached for lying” carries very little weight, and seems like a trivial matter, UNLESS it’s in the context that he lied under oath, in a court of Law.

You highlight a similar tactic used by the MSM to twist the news.
so yeah .... I disagree strongly with that
If politicians were removed from office for lying Washington, Ottawa and every other democratic government would have to be shut down.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
If politicians were removed from office for lying Washington, Ottawa and every other democratic government would have to be shut down.
I give you exhibit A Mr. Posthuman!

Even after being explained that lying, and lying under oath in a court of Law are 2 different things, ya still get remarks like this!

Aug 10, 2019
Canada
I give you exhibit A Mr. Posthuman!

Even after being explained that lying, and lying under oath in a court of Law are 2 different things, ya still get remarks like this!
We all have bias, what gets under my skin is the duplicity of pointing at a politician one doesn't like for lying, while saying "but its okay" when its a politician someone supports.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
We all have bias, what gets under my skin is the duplicity of pointing at a politician one doesn't like for lying, while saying "but its okay" when its a politician someone supports.
Under oath. In court of Law. Perjury. It’s a real crime. Can you seriously not understand the difference?

Aug 10, 2019
Canada
Under oath. In court of Law. Perjury. It’s a real crime. Can you seriously not understand the difference?
I get it and I agree....

Clinton deserved to be impeached, and convicted in the Senate resulting in removal from office. Those who like Clinton though will forgive anything illegal he did, its the partisan game.

Initially I thought (the opinion of a Canadian fwiw) impeachment was warranted, but you and others have changed that view. I have the news in the background right now and I'm waiting like everyone else to see how the vote in the House goes....I think there's a decent chance that enough members might switch to defeat the motion.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
I get it and I agree....

Clinton deserved to be impeached, and convicted in the Senate resulting in removal from office. Those who like Clinton though will forgive anything illegal he did, its the partisan game.

Initially I thought (the opinion of a Canadian fwiw) impeachment was warranted, but you and others have changed that view. I have the news in the background right now and I'm waiting like everyone else to see how the vote in the House goes....I think there's a decent chance that enough members might switch to defeat the motion.
Nah. Wishful thinking. They are in waaay too deep to back out now. Democrats are in a world of hurt but they knew they couldn’t defeat Trump at the ballot box. So they had to try something because they hate him, and by extension his voters, so much.

Aug 10, 2019
Canada
Nah. Wishful thinking. They are in waaay too deep to back out now. Democrats are in a world of hurt but they knew they couldn’t defeat Trump at the ballot box. So they had to try something because they hate him, and by extension his voters, so much.
In 2016 I didn't predict Trump winning....but at the same time I did think it was distinctly possible. Many of my left leaning friends thought I was crazy, now they're asking me what I think this time around. I'm reserving judgement until I see how things play out, the Dems don't even have a candidate yet obviously. I honestly think the only one with the chops to take on Trump is Sanders....and I'm not talking about the issues, I mean simply that Sanders is the only one who can weather the inevitable attack that goes with a presidential campaign. If its Biden or Warren....right now I'm thinking a Trump landslide.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
In 2016 I didn't predict Trump winning....but at the same time I did think it was distinctly possible. Many of my left leaning friends thought I was crazy, now they're asking me what I think this time around. I'm reserving judgement until I see how things play out, the Dems don't even have a candidate yet obviously. I honestly think the only one with the chops to take on Trump is Sanders....and I'm not talking about the issues, I mean simply that Sanders is the only one who can weather the inevitable attack that goes with a presidential campaign. If its Biden or Warren....right now I'm thinking a Trump landslide.
I sat in a restaurant in July of 2016 with friends saying I didn't see how I could vote for Trump over the character issue. Obviously I could never vote for a Dem. Their platform is inherently satanic.

As the summer wore on, I knew I had to bite the bullet and vote for Trump because of the media, Hollywood, the educational establishment, disgust of Obama, and his FBI, CIA, Justice dept, etc.., and most of all how downright EVIL Hillary is.

So my whole family voted Trump. It was beyond satisfying knowing that our votes made a REAL difference as we live in Pennsylvania. Hillary could not overcome losing Pa.

Since his election, I can say without reservation or qualification, that Donald J. Trump has been THE greatest President of my lifetime, and among the greatest ever. I am shocked at how awesome he has been on policy.

He is still very rough around the edges, but he will once again get my whole family's vote!

Aug 10, 2019
Canada
I sat in a restaurant in July of 2016 with friends saying I didn't see how I could vote for Trump over the character issue. Obviously I could never vote for a Dem. Their platform is inherently satanic.

As the summer wore on, I knew I had to bite the bullet and vote for Trump because of the media, Hollywood, the educational establishment, disgust of Obama, and his FBI, CIA, Justice dept, etc.., and most of all how downright EVIL Hillary is.

So my whole family voted Trump. It was beyond satisfying knowing that our votes made a REAL difference as we live in Pennsylvania. Hillary could not overcome losing Pa.

Since his election, I can say without reservation or qualification, that Donald J. Trump has been THE greatest President of my lifetime, and among the greatest ever. I am shocked at how awesome he has been on policy.

He is still very rough around the edges, but he will once again get my whole family's vote!
I grew up in the US, spending most of my life in NYC, NJ and OR until the age of 12. I'm Canadian born though, we moved to NYC less than a year after I was born and later when my Dad was making enough money to afford it, we moved to Bergen County NJ (north Jersey, the nice part, Richard Nixon retired there). My brother was born in the U.S. and can vote in U.S. elections...his vote is registered in his state of birth, NJ. In 2008 he voted for Obama, he wanted to be able to say he voted for the first black president in US history (Lincoln is suspected of having African roots by some however).....then in 2016 when I asked him he said he wasn't voting, but that if he were to vote, that it'd be for Trump. I would have voted for a 3rd party candidate....

Aug 10, 2019
Canada
For what its worth I think it is reasonable to question whether some of Trump's decisions are in the interest of the United States, or if they're more designed to benefit Trump's business.

A case in point would be his dealings with Turkey, withdrawing troops from Syria and letting the Kurds down. I actually liked the decision to pull troops out of Syria....I think the world would be a lot better served without all the interventions that happen which in most cases are more for economic reasons than concerns over security in my opinion. Here's an article on Trump's financial interest in Turkey:

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-business-ties-turkey-hotels-syria-2019-10

To add a bit of levity....Why doesn't the US just take over Turkey, and then re-name it Chicken. After that take over Chile (chilli)....the US can conquer all the food groups :)