Should we as Christians look forward to death?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Gabriel2020

Senior Member
May 6, 2017
1,099
41
48
Only the lost do not look foward to death ,some fear it and some don't or else some of them would not commit suicide. ,But the saved wait on the Lord like he told them to. in due time it will come. Walter Peyton put it well when he said " yes i am afraid of death,because i have never died before.
 
I don't look forward to death but I don't fear it either, I am more concerned about the reason for my death.
We only get one life but we also only get one death(physical death) And if i am to die I want it to show whose heart resides in me and I want it to show who and what I stand for and I don't want to die because my own foolishness or even by an accident or illness rather if I am to die I want to die for the sake of another or for his sake because that is very reason Jesus died and I would be honored to die for the very reason that love did even though I am not worthy.

I know I don't get to choose how or why I die but if god would allow it this is the reason why I will face death head on
 
hmmmmm

i count it as a gain when i feel assured

but while we are here we should look forward to doing what ever Gods will is for us


like fufilling our purpose