Should we support police ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
I can promise you that there are vastly more criminals doing great evil than bad or inept cops trying to stop them. The difference is that no one makes videos, or at least none that survive to get them on youtube.

Perhaps you want to go back to the days of open gang warfare and utterly corrupt cops? It's bad enough now.

Christians are not immune from trouble. I know Christians who have been robbed, a couple who died in car a car accident, some who died from cancer and all kinds of trials and troubles. Yes, Satan is behind them all. We are in the world, not of it. God loves the people of the world, even though they rebel against Him. You can't save dead people, it's too late. So how about we support those who are trying to keep crime under control instead of criticising them at every turn. Try praying for them. You never know, God might answer and the police become more effective and less inclined to shoot people.
Actually if all cops are fitted with cameras on their body and on their cars we get videos of every single police stop and this does allow police departments all over the country to defend themselves if it is alleged they did something wrong and it also allows them to put up videos proving your point as a way to improve their image. I have seen many of these videos.

Not only so our streets are filled with cameras which have also allowed us to see videos of heinous acts of violence on our streets (shootouts, vicious attacks on the elderly) which also send the message we need cops.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Yes, and we always have sice the fall in Genesis, and we need to do a MUCH BETTER job in choosing who does the policing, much better than we have.
The problem is that one third of people are fleshly, willing to take bribes, steal from their employer, and lie just to get along with others. There is no way to hire "better cops" when so many are fleshly, or better teachers, or better politicians, etc.

This is why the Lord said to let both grow together and then at the end of the age all these fleshly ones get tossed in the fire.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Yes there is a better way. Many who seek power and authority over others are NOT the type people who should have it. M. Scott Peck wrote of this in People of the Lie, people who outwardly appear to be well adjusted yet execute evil in their dealings, sometimes to their own children.
Acrually it is only about 3% or 4% that are evil yet they are disproportiantely represented in positions of power and authority, the Idi Amin's, Stalin, Hitler, Pol Pot, Obama, Bill and Hilary, Soros, Gates, Fauci, CCP, etc.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Yes there is a better way. Many who seek power and authority over others are NOT the type people who should have it. M. Scott Peck wrote of this in People of the Lie, people who outwardly appear to be well adjusted yet execute evil in their dealings, sometimes to their own children.
Acrually it is only about 3% or 4% that are evil yet they are disproportiantely represented in positions of power and authority, the Idi Amin's, Stalin, Hitler, Pol Pot, Obama, Bill and Hilary, Soros, Gates, Fauci, CCP, etc.
3-4% are evil, OK, but how many lie -- how many don't want to make waves? This is the big problem in police departments is they don't want to rat out their partner. I'm not saying 33% of people are Hitler, I'm saying 33% of people don't want to make waves, they won't say their partner made a mistake which would cause him to lose his job or get sued or even go to prison. Cameras on every cop will go far to help, and cameras on every person in the street will also go far. But selective editing goes a very long way to inciting people on the internet.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Yes, and that is apart of the poison vax situation, "go along to get along" way to often, selling out ones integrity to save ones job and/or career, carnality, a major sin in God's eyes. This is not our home.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
I read the story and saw nothing about covid in it. What is the tie-in?:unsure:
He was released early because of the covid pandemic.

Jerry Crawford, 25, was serving time for burglary when he was let out on "public health emergency credits" to parole supervision on Nov. 4. (Cumberland County Jail)

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
More indication the ccp/dem scam demic was intended to bring down America, releasing criminals to prey on citizens, destroy the economy, packing nursing homes with sick to get the death count higher, etc.

Feb 16, 2017
I personally support individual officers when they do what is right, but i would never trust/support the police as a whole. Thoughts ?
Its always sad to hear a "believer" sound as if CNN and MSNBC has become their brain.

Here is what you can do.
When you need a cop......just call black lives matter, instead, and see if they show up and save your life.

Aug 16, 2020
Central Florida, USA
I don't mask, I don't social distance, I am not getting the shot, and I am not afraid.
"You should be (afraid)", said Yoda. "You WILL BE."

You know nothing of that which you write. COVID is an expensive disease as well as a deadly one.

Weeks and months of hospital treatment is the destiny of many who contract the disease as well as months and years of therapy following hospital discharge - assuming they survive. Many die. Death creates more expense in terms of funeral costs for the deceased as well as the wreckage of the financial calamity CAUSED BY the person who died from COVID.

All of this can be avoided by simple cheap methods of prevention - masking & vaccination.

So.....you are not afraid?

"...FOOLS despise wisdom and instruction, but the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom." - Proverbs 1:7

Do you think God will protect those who cover themselves in false confidence? He WILL NOT.

"You shall not TEMPT THE LORD YOUR GOD." - Jesus as quoted by Matthew 4:7 & Luke 4:12

By this Jesus is saying that God will not protect those who abuse His gracious offer of protection. COVID vaccine and masks are virtually free - given by God's delegation of authority to the community. Refusal to respect this authority results in JUDGMENT (Romans 13:1-2).

Your lack of fear is an exercise of hatred for your friends, family and neighbors not to mention those you come into contact with in the community. The SECOND COMMANDMENT is written in stone and requires all believers to consider, with love, those he or she comes into contact with (and even those we don't know).

It is time for us to REPENT of our SIN and WICKEDNESS and to humble ourselves before the Lord of Grace that we may inherit some of His love and consideration of us - so as to show it to others around us.

COVID isn't an excuse for self-centered stupidity. It's an opportunity to show our love to others. That is not something to be afraid of either.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020

You know nothing of that which you write. COVID is an expensive disease as well as a deadly one.
LOL, thank you for a good laugh to start the day, like there is anyone on this planet that knows nothing of Covid. :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Apr 12, 2021

Weeks and months of hospital treatment is the destiny of many who contract the disease as well as months and years of therapy following hospital discharge - assuming they survive. Many die. Death creates more expense in terms of funeral costs for the deceased as well as the wreckage of the financial calamity CAUSED BY the person who died from COVID.

All of this can be avoided by simple cheap methods of prevention - masking & vaccination.

So.....you are not afraid?

"...FOOLS despise wisdom and instruction, but the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom." - Proverbs 1:7

Do you think God will protect those who cover themselves in false confidence? He WILL NOT.

"You shall not TEMPT THE LORD YOUR GOD." - Jesus as quoted by Matthew 4:7 & Luke 4:12

By this Jesus is saying that God will not protect those who abuse His gracious offer of protection. COVID vaccine and masks are virtually free - given by God's delegation of authority to the community. Refusal to respect this authority results in JUDGMENT (Romans 13:1-2).

Your lack of fear is an exercise of hatred for your friends, family and neighbors not to mention those you come into contact with in the community. The SECOND COMMANDMENT is written in stone and requires all believers to consider, with love, those he or she comes into contact with (and even those we don't know).

It is time for us to REPENT of our SIN and WICKEDNESS and to humble ourselves before the Lord of Grace that we may inherit some of His love and consideration of us - so as to show it to others around us.

COVID isn't an excuse for self-centered stupidity. It's an opportunity to show our love to others. That is not something to be afraid of either.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...
Lies. More lies. Many more lies. Those that are not called will believe the lies.

Apr 12, 2021
"

😆 Man is behind all that is Covid-19. God is with all of us who see behind the curtain. You are deceived, and because of that deception, you spew lies. You know who your father is.

Humble ourselves by way of injecting our bodies with poison? The devil has convinced many to do just that, and he would love that more join in. Hmmm, makes one wonder just how many the devil has convinced.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
He was released early because of the covid pandemic.

Jerry Crawford, 25, was serving time for burglary when he was let out on "public health emergency credits" to parole supervision on Nov. 4. (Cumberland County Jail)
What are public health emergency credits? I asked that in the other thread where you posted this, because nothing was mentioned about covid at all in the article. Where did you find out it was because of covid?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Thanks for the link! :) As I said, I saw nothing directly mentioned about covid in the original article. This article says Under the bill, public health emergency credits would be awarded to any adult inmate or juvenile who is within 365 days of their scheduled release, and not to be awarded to anyone who is serving a sentence for murder or aggravated sexual assault or who has been deemed a repetitive, compulsive sex offender. It seems he would have reoffended soon even had he not been released early. It is somewhat troubling that they speak of prisoner's fundamental right to health and safety when some of those same prisoners have zero concern for the rights and safety of others, which is why they are in there in the first place. I wonder if there are any alternative solutions.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
NYC Mayor de Blasio 'criminally negligent' for dangerous Rikers Island conditions, corrections union boss says

https://www.foxnews.com/us/nyc-de-blasio-rikers-island-jail-corrections-union

Conditions for correction officers guarding inmates on New York City’s notorious Rikers Island have deteriorated so significantly over the past year – and have allegedly left personnel understaffed, overworked and vulnerable – that it has become "impossible" for them to do their jobs, a union official tells Fox News.

I am very sick of corrupt politicians and the rising rate of lawlessness in America! :mad: