Should women cover their head during prayer?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pigeon

1 Corinthians 11:5-10 (NIV)
And every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head

May 30, 2008
Yap Pigeon.
They should always cover their head when before the lord and that means all time coz we r before Him every time.
In the same chapter I hope verse 14 or 15 it says for her hair is given her for a covering.
I believe that settles it that the covering for a woman head is not a turbine, scarf or cap but HAIR.

D

doodlebug

I would say no....not based on any scripture whatsoever. But I mean, they didn't do it on little house on the prairie, so it must not be a huge deal.

Either way God will forgive, people don't have to rush out and buy bonnets.

K

Kyra

...quickly dashes to Walmart to look at the bonnet section...

B

Baptistrw

That's what hair is for...

T

Tessa

the wikipedia on head coverings had some interesting history,with good links..... might be worth reading

C

carpetmanswife

*catches a ride with kyra*

H

heaven72883

*cathes a ride with CMW and Kyra*

May 30, 2008
Yes Baptist that the way God said it and thats the way it is.
"4 HER HAIR IS GIVEN TO HER FOR A COVERING"
Where else can we get Bibilical answers if not from the Bible itself?
I dont think its from history books!!!!

L

lovespeace123

I believe women need to enjoy Christ as much as men do and when laws and ordinances are created for women, I think people who preach about them need to, as much as possible, bring to the table the law of life, rather than the law of sin and judgment.

I would rather tell a woman to grow long hair, which is beautiful and effeminate, revealing the beauty of God's commandment about covering, than to tell her to buy a hat to wear to church so the angels wont see the crown of her head.

We forget that a good God made these laws.

I would rather tell a woman to be spiritual and dress to build up men younger, and to gain the respect of men older than to tell her 20 things to do and not do. Mind you, in some of the prophetic writings, there are lists.

Peter said to accept the humble truth which can save, and I believe men need to start sowing spiritual seeds in women that in this provocative and sensual culture may in 5-10 years raise up wise, relevant, full-of-faith women who keep his commandments with faith and sincerity and can teach other young women to enjoy the laws of God. Because the more I bash and the more women are bashed, its seems, the more rebellion you see in christian woman and the way they act.

Sam

May 30, 2008
If the Bible says it and they Rebel we cant question that Knowing well that Paul said "God is not mocked".
Do you remember the days of Elijah, he said am only the one who remaineth believing in you but God said I have hid seven thousand more who have not worshiped the idols.
In the days of Noah He saved 8 souls
In the days of Lot he saved 3 souls
And in St Luke 17:26-30 Jesus said "as it was in the days of lot, Noah so shall it be in the day when the son of man is revealed"
When you see total rebelion against the Bible whether from men or women it is fulfilment of the bible.
But He has hid some women who dont take the Bible as a burden but a love book between us and God.
All scripture are given with inspiration to rebuke collect and give life.
But mostly when rebuking we dont like them so much as when blessing.
Chaste and wise women will only be found when the Bible is followed to the letter.
This is the reason our women are going to church half naked and with such tight skirts and trousers full of immorality and low neck tops, just becouse of what we have left the true teaching of the bible and followed canningly man made fables and have let down the bars too low till the devils march in the church and we question not.
We need real change in Christianity.

God Bless

L

lovespeace123

John 5:39 You diligently study[a] the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life. These are the Scriptures that testify about me, 40yet you refuse to come to me to have life.

The Bible is not the only dimension of instruction that a Christian needs. The Bible makes it clear above as spoken by Jesus that there needs to be a prayer dimension and a living relationship with the person of Jesus Christ.

Romans 7:11 For sin, seizing the opportunity afforded by the commandment, deceived me, and through the commandment put me to death. 12So then, the law is holy, and the commandment is holy, righteous and good. 13Did that which is good, then, become death to me? By no means! But in order that sin might be recognized as sin, it produced death in me through what was good, so that through the commandment sin might become utterly sinful.

The above is the reason why commandments should be taught, but the ones teaching them should place greater emphasis on a relationship with Christ, and salvation through the person (the one who came in the flesh) of Christ over salvation through a commandment.

The law is holy, but the devil will seize the opportunity to bring a burden with the commandment and that was the point I was making. The law of Christ (that salvation is in the person of Jesus & law of faith in Christ) trumps the law of sin and judgment. (That salvation comes in keeping laws).

Sam

B

Baptistrw

The Bible is the absolute authority though. If it doesn't agree with the Bible, its wrong!

May 30, 2008
I do ask the biggest question on the way christians are carrying themselves and the way the world is going..................

"HAS GOD LOST CONTROL OR IS HE LETTING ANOTHER AGENT TO RUN THE AFFAIRS OF THIS WORLD?

L

lovespeace123

Baptist, the Bible is the final authority assuming you read it and have wisdom to understand what is said. The Bible is extensive. To say that eating pork (commandment through Moses) is a sin contradicts with the Pauline epistles that says that 'all food is clean and met to be received with thanksgiving'.

The understanding that one having the Spirit would have is that the new covenant of faith trumps the old covenant of law. One teacher might condemn those who eat pork, hands down, while the teacher of faith would say that pork is a viable meal, but the Lord called it unclean because the meat itself is not that healthy. It can do a number on your weight and health. Hopefully, you see the difference.

The deeper understanding is that the Spirit of Life does not want to disqualify or burden men over a meat, but rather wants them to see the radiance of his law and why He wrote what He wrote.

Point is - woe to the man who knows the Bible but does not have the spirit of God that wrote the Bible. He will cause bondages wherever He goes.

That is what is meant when it speaks that the Spirit of Life trumps the Spirit of sin and judgment. The Spirit of life does not disannul the commandments, but often the Spirit of sin and judgment disannuls the Spirit of Life.

Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.