Should women hold the same jobs as men??

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

peacenik

May 11, 2016
This is also true for Norway (and probably Europe in general).
Unless you KNOW you will get a job, stick with an education that is short and gives you a hands- on experience.

Too late for me as I am now retired due to health issues. Despite those two worthless degrees I am surviving on food stamps and a small social security check.

Feb 21, 2012
Should have gotten an accounting degree. But, you just had to follow your passions.

TriviaGirl86

Nov 2, 2011
I feel women should be given more respect for holding what is considered to be "traditionally feminine" jobs.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
It depends I think. I think that a woman can hold any job she thinks she can handle: doctor, athlete, corporate exec, and so on, as far as she accepts that she is indeed a woman. When a woman has the attitude of "I can be everything that a man can be if not more, I can make more money than my husband, therefore I am more valuable than him in the relationship." That's when you get into trouble. And it doesn't matter what job you have, you can have the lowest title in a company and cop that attitude.

And the thing is, you can totally be in the military if you want, but you also have to accept that the emotional toll may be way more on us as women. Women are caretakers usually, and if you have kids who are around you all the time, it may have a really big affect on them too. And we as women, we just have not as much muscle mass as dudes. We may not have the same capacity of strength as men, and that's ok. We have to be willing to work in our sphere as much as we can.

C

Church2u2

It depends I think. I think that a woman can hold any job she thinks she can handle: doctor, athlete, corporate exec, and so on, as far as she accepts that she is indeed a woman. When a woman has the attitude of "I can be everything that a man can be if not more, I can make more money than my husband, therefore I am more valuable than him in the relationship." That's when you get into trouble. And it doesn't matter what job you have, you can have the lowest title in a company and cop that attitude.

And the thing is, you can totally be in the military if you want, but you also have to accept that the emotional toll may be way more on us as women. Women are caretakers usually, and if you have kids who are around you all the time, it may have a really big affect on them too. And we as women, we just have not as much muscle mass as dudes. We may not have the same capacity of strength as men, and that's ok. We have to be willing to work in our sphere as much as we can.
I agree.Women are just different from men and it's not a bad thing. We shouldn't compete..but sometimes we do. It's easy for me to accept my physical limitations but it wasn't always easy.