Shutting Down a Ministry Program

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

I_am_Canadian

Dec 8, 2014
There's also credit. I'm looking at "information economy" theory, as in what's the password, frequency, or gang sign.
that sounds pretty interesting, given that everyone requires a password and account on line its not too far fetched.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
where were the funds coming from for this ministry?

I think saving souls is important even when our homes are falling apart. I think the Bible does say make friends with those of unrigteous mammon so they will let you into their lasting habitations? Luke16:9

The unreighteous mammon are those that have more than one house I suppose, like holiday homes and mansions and commercial property portfolios. They go into real estate and making pots of money but their homes are empty with no soul

Billyd

May 8, 2014
where were the funds coming from for this ministry?

I think saving souls is important even when our homes are falling apart. I think the Bible does say make friends with those of unrigteous mammon so they will let you into their lasting habitations? Luke16:9

The unreighteous mammon are those that have more than one house I suppose, like holiday homes and mansions and commercial property portfolios. They go into real estate and making pots of money but their homes are empty with no soul
The funds for this ministry comes from people who have a few extra dollars to share with people in need, and from youth group fund raising projects. The work that they do opens the door to share the gospel to people who would otherwise never hear it.

The Fellowship of the Believers
Act 2:42 And they devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers.
Act 2:43 And awe came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were being done through the apostles.
Act 2:44 And all who believed were together and had all things in common.
Act 2:45 And they were selling their possessions and belongings and distributing the proceeds to all, as any had need.
Act 2:46 And day by day, attending the temple together and breaking bread in their homes, they received their food with glad and generous hearts,
Act 2:47 praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to their number day by day those who were being saved.

The world is different today, but the Fellowship of the Believers responsibility hasn't changed.

brighthouse98

Apr 16, 2015
Brother Billyd If you feel that strongly about it, why don't you take over? Go forth and let the Community know your situation, you live around pretty wealthy people in Florida! I am sure the Lord will help you in your wisdom as well!!! I love your bible verse as well!! To encourage you as well please read Mark16:15-20!! VERSE 20!!! My prayers are also with you brother!!

Billyd

May 8, 2014
Brother Billyd If you feel that strongly about it, why don't you take over? Go forth and let the Community know your situation, you live around pretty wealthy people in Florida! I am sure the Lord will help you in your wisdom as well!!! I love your bible verse as well!! To encourage you as well please read Mark16:15-20!! VERSE 20!!! My prayers are also with you brother!!
I am physically unable to continue the ministry. I don't live in a wealthy area of the state. Our young men and women who could take over the ministry are struggling to keep their head above water, most are working overtime. We are going to solidify our community ministries over the next year. We are praying that God will continue to strengthening us and providing needed resources.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
We have a youth renovation ministry that due to lack of funds and a leader we must discontinue.
Until covid19 forced us to close down this ministry, this group of young people have assisted in the repair and renovation of homes and churches that were damaged by storms, neglect, and other disasters. They have cleaned debris from yards, repaired roofs, floors in homes, doors and windows, fences, plumbing, drywall, etc in our community, states, and one foreign country. They shared the gospel wherever they went. The adult leader's wife has health issues, and he can no longer devote the time necessary to keep this ministry going. Inflation consumes more and more of our resources, and the needs (food, shelter, and care for seniors) of our local community just keep growing.
I wonder how many churches are having to shut down ministry programs due to lack of funds and leadership? How many have been effected by a loss senior members? What are they doing to keep up with community needs?

I understand brother.
My ministry has not received one donation all year. My resources are exhausted at a time when the rent has just been raised to $2,000 per month for a small storefront room.
I invested my life savings and don't know what to do right now. God will have to make a way. He normally provides through His people, but His people have free will.

People were getting saved and good healing that the best hospitals in the state could not provide. The landlord's fiancee was just given a free consultation to overcome her chronic bronchitis. She spent many thousands of dollars and much of her life on doctors who would not make her better, but rather she grew worse. This cost her Nothing. The same help was provided for another member of his family.
I nevertheless am in the process of removing my supplies before having the chance to generate income through the ministry's plan that would not have to depend solely on donations. I don't belong to a denomination. Denominations often provide all the resources necessary.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
I understand brother.
My ministry has not received one donation all year. My resources are exhausted at a time when the rent has just been raised to $2,000 per month for a small storefront room.
I invested my life savings and don't know what to do right now. God will have to make a way. He normally provides through His people, but His people have free will.

People were getting saved and good healing that the best hospitals in the state could not provide. The landlord's fiancee was just given a free consultation to overcome her chronic bronchitis. She spent many thousands of dollars and much of her life on doctors who would not make her better, but rather she grew worse. This cost her Nothing. The same help was provided for another member of his family.
I nevertheless am in the process of removing my supplies before having the chance to generate income through the ministry's plan that would not have to depend solely on donations. I don't belong to a denomination. Denominations often provide all the resources necessary.
All of our ministry programs are church supported. We are blessed with a giving congregation, both self and financial. Covid19 and inflation have forced us to tighten our budget, and trim back where we can. Although we still support the SBC missionary programs, the level of support has been reduced. We are now devoting our resources to our local community. God continues to provide our needs.

Just a personal observation. When God takes away the resources for a ministry program, he always opens the door and provides the resources for another. The demographics of our community has changed. We are adapting to the change. There is one thing that hasn't changed though. People are still lost, and they still need to hear the Gospel.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
All of our ministry programs are church supported. We are blessed with a giving congregation, both self and financial. Covid19 and inflation have forced us to tighten our budget, and trim back where we can. Although we still support the SBC missionary programs, the level of support has been reduced. We are now devoting our resources to our local community. God continues to provide our needs.

Just a personal observation. When God takes away the resources for a ministry program, he always opens the door and provides the resources for another. The demographics of our community has changed. We are adapting to the change. There is one thing that hasn't changed though. People are still lost, and they still need to hear the Gospel.
Thank you for reminding me of that.
I really need the encouragement right now.

I_am_Canadian

Dec 8, 2014
I am physically unable to continue the ministry. I don't live in a wealthy area of the state. Our young men and women who could take over the ministry are struggling to keep their head above water, most are working overtime. We are going to solidify our community ministries over the next year. We are praying that God will continue to strengthening us and providing needed resources.
I wish I could help you, but at $902.00 a month on social assistance My finances are sinking like the titanic.

Oct 16, 2018
Thank you for reminding me of that.
I really need the encouragement right now.
Brother, I know you know this as someone with a BA in Bible studies-but maybe for people peeking in from the web- Jesus said in that Parable of the Friend at Midnight where a hungry dude keeps on knocking on his friend's door for food but the friend will not at first help the hungry fellow even out of great friendship; but eventually gets up at midnight and gives him the bread because the needy, hungry guy keeps bothering his rich friend without stopping. Basically Jesus is saying God will give up and give you what you need , especially for Kingdom work! This is absolutely the most shocking and one of the most wonderful passages in the Bible.
A famous British painter even made a painting of this parable. William Holman Hunt - Wikipedia

I'm praying for you and Billyd and I_am _Cannadian. I'm not sure exactly how this link site :Give, Send, Go raises money for Christians but maybe you can say you have a BA in Bible studies and share your amazing personal testimony on your profile page (and ministry goals, previous radio work etc that you posted on my thread) . Someone like you deserves funding. In fact all the Christian ministry workers, like BillyD, deserve funding because without you guys(through and only because of Lord Jesus), there is no Western Civilization-the USA, Canada, the UK, France, Australia etc would not exist.! (This is a fact I learned from a non-Christian historian/scholar ironically.)
GiveSendGo - : The #1 Free Christian Fundraising Site. -you should check Wikipedia to see if GSG is ok
There might be other free Christian funding sites too. Use them all. (But check if the others are legit first.)But pray about it first and ask others for advice if you should use Give, Send Go.

I'm sure others from CChat will be able to give you better ideas to get ministry funds.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Brother, I know you know this as someone with a BA in Bible studies-but maybe for people peeking in from the web- Jesus said in that Parable of the Friend at Midnight where a hungry dude keeps on knocking on his friend's door for food but the friend will not at first help the hungry fellow even out of great friendship; but eventually gets up at midnight and gives him the bread because the needy, hungry guy keeps bothering his rich friend without stopping. Basically Jesus is saying God will give up and give you what you need , especially for Kingdom work! This is absolutely the most shocking and one of the most wonderful passages in the Bible.
A famous British painter even made a painting of this parable. William Holman Hunt - Wikipedia

I'm praying for you and Billyd and I_am _Cannadian. I'm not sure exactly how this link site :Give, Send, Go raises money for Christians but maybe you can say you have a BA in Bible studies and share your amazing personal testimony on your profile page (and ministry goals, previous radio work etc that you posted on my thread) . Someone like you deserves funding. In fact all the Christian ministry workers, like BillyD, deserve funding because without you guys(through and only because of Lord Jesus), there is no Western Civilization-the USA, Canada, the UK, France, Australia etc would not exist.! (This is a fact I learned from a non-Christian historian/scholar ironically.)
GiveSendGo - : The #1 Free Christian Fundraising Site. -you should check Wikipedia to see if GSG is ok
There might be other free Christian funding sites too. Use them all. (But check if the others are legit first.)But pray about it first and ask others for advice if you should use Give, Send Go.

I'm sure others from CChat will be able to give you better ideas to get ministry funds.
Thank you dear brother. I wasn't aware of that. I will look into it.

📖🥲🙏