Signs in the heavens and on the earth?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

billymorgan

Feb 11, 2010
In the Olivets, the Lord describes signs in the heavens, the earth, and the seas occurring during the end of the current age (Luke 21:25).
Men's hearts will fail them due to their perceiving that the environment is only going to get worse (Luke 21:26).
To me these signs appear like what is currently transpiring in the environment due to global warming, which is picking up speed, and according to the majority consensus will become significantly more severe.
The alternative perspective among many religious organizations is that the signs will be supernatural in nature.
So here is the question: If the current distress of nations with perplexity is due to increase as the environment continues to deteriorate as the scientific consensus claims; how then will we know the difference between any supposed supernatural signs in the heavens, the earth, and the sea, from those the scientific consensus already recognizes will occur due to mankind's destruction of the environment?

Luke 21:25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;
26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.
But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything done in it will be laid bare. 2 Peter 3:10

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
Chemtrails or contrails, chem trails is a conspiracy that the government is spraying chemicals.
The 'con' in 'contrails' refers to condensed water vapor that "trails" a jet engine in the atmosphere. The trail is relatively short in length and short-lived.

Contrails are believed to be harmless.

Chemtrails are a chemical cocktail mixture of substances released into the atmosphere by the plane, etc. for various purposes.

Chemtrails are believed to be harmful to ["pretty-much"] everything considered "living" in the 'ecosphere'.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
To me these signs appear like what is currently transpiring in the environment due to global warming, which is picking up speed, and according to the majority consensus will become significantly more severe.
The signs which Christ spoke about -- the TOTAL SHAKING of the heavens and the earth -- are quite distinct from anything the world has seen. Indeed that period of judgment (according to Christ Himself) is such as has never been before, nor will ever be again. Totally unique and totally devastating.

Jun 10, 2019
The 'con' in 'contrails' refers to condensed water vapor that "trails" a jet engine in the atmosphere. The trail is relatively short in length and short-lived.

Chemtrails are a chemical cocktail mixture of substances released into the atmosphere by the plane, etc. for various purposes.

Chemtrails are believed to be harmful to ["pretty-much"] everything considered "living" in the 'ecosphere'.
A example a crop duster

louis

Nov 1, 2017
But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything done in it will be laid bare. 2 Peter 3:10
2 Peter 3:10 in which the planet melts, has to come in at the end of the millennium reign, when the dragon is loosed from the bottomless pit and has Gog and Magog come upon the saints camp, and fire then comes down from heaven and devours them (Revelation 20:7-9). The environmental destruction in Revelation 8, however, precedes the beast rising from the bottomless pit.
So the question then remains: If the current distress of nations with perplexity is due to increase as the environment continues to deteriorate as the scientific consensus claims; how then will we know the difference between any supposed supernatural signs in the heavens, the earth, and the sea, from those the scientific consensus already recognizes will occur due to mankind's destruction of the environment?

Revelation 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

louis

Nov 1, 2017
The signs which Christ spoke about -- the TOTAL SHAKING of the heavens and the earth -- are quite distinct from anything the world has seen. Indeed that period of judgment (according to Christ Himself) is such as has never been before, nor will ever be again. Totally unique and totally devastating.
I think that with 1/3 of the environment destroyed as depicted in Revelation 8, those will be the worst of times ever experienced. Still, however, the question remains: are the events in Luke 21:25-26 the same as those in Revelation 8, which according to Revelation 9:20 are attributed to the love mankind has for the things his hands produce?

Revelation 9:20 And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk:

RevelationsMc

Aug 23, 2019
Usa
Galatians 5:16 KJV
[16] This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

TM19782017

Dec 15, 2018
All these conspiracy theories are fine and dandy BUT, in order for them to have life to them, you must start with the basis that man’s choices will override God’s power......My bedrock will not allow that though.

Satan knew he needed permission from God to do anything of harm, or at least give the appearance of a harmful/scary situation.

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us

I meant to include a statement about chemtrails saying that they are usually long (across the sky) and linger in the atmosphere for hours...

In other words, it is not a contrail if you don't actually see the disappearing tail end of the trail following the airplane, etc. (even at some distance)

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
2 Peter 3:7-13 is actually describing a 1000-year span of time that is the Second Coming of Christ (including the 1000-year reign of Christ on the earth).

ALL of the things mentioned in the passage - to the ultimate extent that is described - do not occur on the very first day when Christ appears.

Of course, there definitely will be some serious "burning" take place when Christ appears (at the beginning of His 1000-year reign). However, the complete destruction of the old heaven and earth do not take place until after the 1000 years.

This is made known to us to help us to understand it properly by/in verse 8. It is telling us that "the day of the Lord" is both - 1000 years - and - the first day of that 1000 years.

Jun 10, 2019
I meant to include a statement about chemtrails saying that they are usually long (across the sky) and linger in the atmosphere for hours...

In other words, it is not a contrail if you don't actually see the disappearing tail end of the trail following the airplane, etc. (even at some distance)
Persistent contrails are ice clouds, so they are mostly made of ice.

Here’s a site that explains the long lasting contrails.

https://science-edu.larc.nasa.gov/contrail-edu/science.html

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
You don’t have to but I’m not buying what your said, it’s apparent you didn’t look into it
My remark was not intended to include anything negative toward you.

NASA lies...

Don't believe anything/something just because they said it.

Jun 10, 2019
My remark was not intended to include anything negative toward you.

NASA lies...

Don't believe anything/something just because they said it.
I know and nor was mine but Like I said you don’t have too. Yea I’ve heard many think the same like the moon landing was fake. Conspiracy nuts will make a conspiracy out of dirt just to do it to screw with peoples minds.

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
I know and nor was mine but Like I said you don’t have too. Yea I’ve heard many think the same like the moon landing was fake. Conspiracy nuts will make a conspiracy out of dirt just to do it to screw with peoples minds.
Not everything you read on the internet is true... (But some of it is.)

And - no - we never went to the moon.