Isn't it cool when people walk around?
No, I didn't leave anything out of that sentence, they don't have to do anything special to be amazing, juggling chain saws, or doing card tricks or something. Just, walking around.
I have a 5 yr old Niece who loves animals. Her favorite are the extinct Dinosaurs, yet the live ones will do. Whenever she sees a creature that she hasn't seen before and it starts to move, she giggles. She get's so excited that the puppy, or the turtle, or the squirrel is moving!
A little while ago I was walking from room to room, remembering something I had forgotten, paused to decide whether to get it, and then turned and decided to go back to get it. When I did that, like my little Emma 5yr old watching a kitten walk, I suddenly became conscious of the specialness of it.
Have you ever thought about how many muscles have to work in concert for you to walk across the room? Some quick googling returns the number 200 from a couple of sources, and I don't doubt it. I think there are only 5 muscles in your leg, but what about all the muscles that are constantly adjusting your spine, toes, feet, and all the other parts of your body to keep you balanced and moving forward?
And I didn't just move forward...I moved forward, stopped, remained balanced for a moment, then turned my whole body and I walked in the other direction. At every point in that operation, many muscles were involved in keeping me doing what I wanted to do. At any time, one of those muscles could have done something different, and I would have been lying on the floor...The body could simply rebel on me and start saying "I'm not clumsy! The floor just hates me, the table and chairs are bullies, and all the walls get in the way!"
Mundane you say? No! It's positively amazing! [Just ask anyone who has ever tried to design a two-legged walking robot!]
Why am I mentioning all this? Because to me, even something as simple as walking points to God. There's no way a system like the human body would have occurred by chance. People who would say, "Isn't it amazing how Nature designed our bodies like that?" are simply refusing to use the word "God" for the creator and using the word "Nature" instead, which really doesn't make any sense unless you're talking about "Mother Nature" and then you have just tipped your hat to Pantheism, not Atheism.
Then again, I'm the guy who doesn't believe in the existence of Atheists, so maybe I am not the guy to apply those labels. ...Wait, where was I going with this again?
Oh yeah: your body is Amazing! And I'm not just saying that because everyone in here knows that the people who read these "Blogs" are SMOKIN good looking!
But even if you weren't so incredibly attractive, your body would still be an amazing creation by an amazing God. And when you stand up and walk away from the "C.C." experience today, I hope you are reminded of that with every step.
God bless those steps!
No, I didn't leave anything out of that sentence, they don't have to do anything special to be amazing, juggling chain saws, or doing card tricks or something. Just, walking around.
I have a 5 yr old Niece who loves animals. Her favorite are the extinct Dinosaurs, yet the live ones will do. Whenever she sees a creature that she hasn't seen before and it starts to move, she giggles. She get's so excited that the puppy, or the turtle, or the squirrel is moving!
A little while ago I was walking from room to room, remembering something I had forgotten, paused to decide whether to get it, and then turned and decided to go back to get it. When I did that, like my little Emma 5yr old watching a kitten walk, I suddenly became conscious of the specialness of it.
Have you ever thought about how many muscles have to work in concert for you to walk across the room? Some quick googling returns the number 200 from a couple of sources, and I don't doubt it. I think there are only 5 muscles in your leg, but what about all the muscles that are constantly adjusting your spine, toes, feet, and all the other parts of your body to keep you balanced and moving forward?
And I didn't just move forward...I moved forward, stopped, remained balanced for a moment, then turned my whole body and I walked in the other direction. At every point in that operation, many muscles were involved in keeping me doing what I wanted to do. At any time, one of those muscles could have done something different, and I would have been lying on the floor...The body could simply rebel on me and start saying "I'm not clumsy! The floor just hates me, the table and chairs are bullies, and all the walls get in the way!"
Mundane you say? No! It's positively amazing! [Just ask anyone who has ever tried to design a two-legged walking robot!]
Why am I mentioning all this? Because to me, even something as simple as walking points to God. There's no way a system like the human body would have occurred by chance. People who would say, "Isn't it amazing how Nature designed our bodies like that?" are simply refusing to use the word "God" for the creator and using the word "Nature" instead, which really doesn't make any sense unless you're talking about "Mother Nature" and then you have just tipped your hat to Pantheism, not Atheism.
Then again, I'm the guy who doesn't believe in the existence of Atheists, so maybe I am not the guy to apply those labels. ...Wait, where was I going with this again?
Oh yeah: your body is Amazing! And I'm not just saying that because everyone in here knows that the people who read these "Blogs" are SMOKIN good looking!
But even if you weren't so incredibly attractive, your body would still be an amazing creation by an amazing God. And when you stand up and walk away from the "C.C." experience today, I hope you are reminded of that with every step.
God bless those steps!