They say: “I´m already saved...”
I´m afraid that simplistic view is making believers lazy doers... I don´t want to sit back being less responsible, while there are a couple of things I can do: For example, when I´m walking on the streets, I try to remember Jesus´words at Mat 5:28 But I tell you that if you look at another woman and want her, you are already unfaithful in your thoughts.
Should I consider His words or simply, can I indulge in watching all those girls walking by "because He has saved me"? I had better keeping His words in mind.
Act 5:29 Peter and the apostles replied: We don't obey people. We obey God.
Act 4:12 Only Jesus has the power to save! His name is the only one in all the world that can save anyone.
I´m afraid Christianity is ignoring God´s will because many of us have made the Bible something bigger than the ONE who inspired men to write it down...
Are ppl "saved" becasue they said it so?
Let´s see it, then.