Sin and the Believer

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Actually I don't root for the Dallas Cowboys anymore.

They lose all the time and as a Christian I've gotten to where watching sports is not interesting to me much anymore.

It's much more fun slappin the devil around with the Sword of the Spirit (the Word of God)
 
Actually I don't root for the Dallas Cowboys anymore.

They lose all the time and as a Christian I've gotten to where watching sports is not interesting to me much anymore.

It's much more fun slappin the devil around with the Sword of the Spirit (the Word of God)
awe the poor cowboys they will be lost without you.

I wonder if they know what a good devil slapper they've lost.

You could have slapped all their opponents silly.
 
You should post on the Can We Really Exercise Free Will thread if you want responses.

This was a follow up on my post about Calvinism since that is so ignorantly attacked on this thread. The main point the opposition fights against seems to be God's sovereign, unmerited choice of those he is going to save before the creation, leaving some not chosen. That is Bible-based held belief as stated in the Confessions of Faith of the majority of churches at the founding of America. When someone brings up the Masons in attacks on Calvinism, I recognize a flaky conspiracy theorist character.

When I see a church that is ashamed to have a denominational name, and detailed Confession of Faith, I know not to waste my time there. This idea of "Community" church can be most anything, and "The Church of Christ" is as much a denomination as the Baptists, Lutherans and Presbyterians. I can embrace the 1644, 1646, 1689 and 1742 Philadelphia Confessions of Baptists. I do not embrace the SBC Confession.
 
This was a follow up on my post about Calvinism since that is so ignorantly attacked on this thread. The main point the opposition fights against seems to be God's sovereign, unmerited choice of those he is going to save before the creation, leaving some not chosen. That is Bible-based held belief as stated in the Confessions of Faith of the majority of churches at the founding of America. When someone brings up the Masons in attacks on Calvinism, I recognize a flaky conspiracy theorist character.

When I see a church that is ashamed to have a denominational name, and detailed Confession of Faith, I know not to waste my time there. This idea of "Community" church can be most anything, and "The Church of Christ" is as much a denomination as the Baptists, Lutherans and Presbyterians. I can embrace the 1644, 1646, 1689 and 1742 Philadelphia Confessions of Baptists. I do not embrace the SBC Confession.
My comment was simply designed to offer a thread where the topic is being discussed to a greater degree. In other words, if you are seeking to voice your understanding on this topic, I was suggesting a thread where it is being discussed to a greater extent.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Jordon