Sin not. Don’t watch horror movies or associate with them in any way.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
So we can only watch Charlton Heston in the Ten commandments?

lmao

cv5

Nov 20, 2018

lmao
Every Star Trek theme I ever saw was basically contrary to Christ Jesus. And I have seen plenty.

Apr 15, 2017
1Jn 2:15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
1Jn 2:16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
1Jn 2:17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

Mat 5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Did the Holy Spirit make the horror movie, and is God against violence, and the offending of another person.

It would seem like anything that God does not approve of we should not watch, or do, or think.

Php 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

We say it is entertainment and we do not endorse it ourselves as happening in reality, but it would still seem like it is wrong for we are to think on things that are good.

1Ti 6:10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

The love of money is the root of all evil for it neglects the poor and needy, which is how God created the world to operate, and love works no ill towards their neighbor, therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

The things that the world does is to make money, and they can never get enough money, with them being millionaires, billionaires, but it is not enough, and they still rip and gyp, even the very people that made them rich, and heap and heap to themselves, which God said this last generation will devour the poor from off the earth, and the needy from among men, and we see they are doing a good job of it.

Money from entertainment, movies, shows, sports, music, video games, or any other kind of entertainment, but the thing is if a person watched movies all year long they are no better for it, and their lives not improved, and money spent that is not a necessity, all the while people need help financially.

So the saints can say it is not a sin ignoring the immorality of it, but the spending of money on the entertainment that neglects the poor may be worse, for the love of money, and material things, for wants, is the root of all evil, for it neglects the poor and needy.

1Jn 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.

But I do not like coming across as holier than thou, and all sin can be forgiven, but I think the biggest problem with entertainment is the money involved with it when it is not a necessity, and people do not need it to survive, and neglects the poor and needy.

Poinsetta

Nov 24, 2018
[But I do not like coming across as holier than thou,]

Well i’m watching The Croods on Netflix.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018

lmao
Patrick Stewart is not saved. No way. Neither is William Shatner. I believe that it is very unlikely indeed that there is no one single solitary person deeply engaged in making a living in the Hollywood biz that is saved.
Why?
A Christian's conscience would drive them out of the business the same way they would be driven out of a pagan temple.

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
1Jn 2:15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
1Jn 2:16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
1Jn 2:17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

Mat 5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Did the Holy Spirit make the horror movie, and is God against violence, and the offending of another person.

It would seem like anything that God does not approve of we should not watch, or do, or think.

Php 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

We say it is entertainment and we do not endorse it ourselves as happening in reality, but it would still seem like it is wrong for we are to think on things that are good.

1Ti 6:10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

The love of money is the root of all evil for it neglects the poor and needy, which is how God created the world to operate, and love works no ill towards their neighbor, therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

The things that the world does is to make money, and they can never get enough money, with them being millionaires, billionaires, but it is not enough, and they still rip and gyp, even the very people that made them rich, and heap and heap to themselves, which God said this last generation will devour the poor from off the earth, and the needy from among men, and we see they are doing a good job of it.

Money from entertainment, movies, shows, sports, music, video games, or any other kind of entertainment, but the thing is if a person watched movies all year long they are no better for it, and their lives not improved, and money spent that is not a necessity, all the while people need help financially.

So the saints can say it is not a sin ignoring the immorality of it, but the spending of money on the entertainment that neglects the poor may be worse, for the love of money, and material things, for wants, is the root of all evil, for it neglects the poor and needy.

1Jn 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.

But I do not like coming across as holier than thou, and all sin can be forgiven, but I think the biggest problem with entertainment is the money involved with it when it is not a necessity, and people do not need it to survive, and neglects the poor and needy.
Gee - I was hoping for a two page list of movies I can't watch so I don't fall into sin, offend my bro/sisters conscience or profane the sabbath.

S

Stewey

Patrick Stewart is not saved. No way. Neither is William Shatner. I believe that it is very unlikely indeed that there is no one single solitary person deeply engaged in making a living in the Hollywood biz that is saved.
Why?
A Christian's conscience would drive them out of the business the same way they would be driven out of a pagan temple.
Are you saying that a Christian should run from satan? ::bewildered::

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
Why read links we got the direct link to your thinking.

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
Maybe CV5 could pray for an early rapture so he don't get stained in the world.

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
Flush out the Hollywood filth with this handy eyewash.

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
I’m saved. Thank You, Jesus! :)