Sin, Redemption, Salvation, Repentance, Confession

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

FlyingDove

Dec 27, 2017
The Nation of Israel is a called out assembly. Program 1

The Body of Christ is a called out assembly. Program 2.

The two are completely separate programs.

Program 1: required works via Mosaic Law & repentance for breaking covenant with God Jer 31:32

Gentiles never had any covenant with God.

Romans 2:14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:

Program 2: requires Faith in the sacrificial, redemptive, PAID IN FULL. Sin atoning sacrifice, found in the death, burial & resurrection of Jesus the Christ. Rom 3:21

Mixing the two program will invariably lead to doctrinal misinterpretations

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Works based doctrine are opposite of the facts. It makes salvation about you/us & robs Christ of the glory to be found in his selfless, redemptive, sacrificial sin atoning payment

If a sinless Jesus (he didn't die for his own sins) died for all of every believers sins. What sin could/can cost your salvation?

That's not to say sin doesn't/can't have consequence.

Certainly sin can have consequence. The consequence from sin could manifest itself, in many different ways. A health issue, a broken relationship, disease, prison, lost of heavenly rewards earned etc.

Although, a believers sin may result in negative consequence. It WILL NOT result in the loss of salvation (1 Cor 3:11-15).

Finally, this false notion a Christian must confess every sin:

1st its impossible.

2ndly, Christ paid for all of every believers sins. To ask forgiveness shows a lack of faith in His payment.

When we miss the mark/sin & we all will. We are to thank Him for the forgiveness. His redemptive, PAID IN FULL! Sin atoning sacrifice has already provided.

Although, a believers sin may result in negative consequence. It WILL NOT result in the loss of salvation (1 Cor 3:11-15).

Unbelief is the only unforgivable sin.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
I disagree with the following

"""Unbelief is the only unforgivable sin. """

There are many people who once where in unbelief but later came to believe in salvation through the LORD Jesus Christ.. So their unbelief was / is forgiven...

The Only unforgivable sin revealed in the Bible is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit which the scribes who accused Jesus of doing His signs by demonic power became guilty of..

Dec 9, 2011

There are many people who once where in unbelief but later came to believe in salvation through the LORD Jesus Christ.. So their unbelief was / is forgiven...

The Only unforgivable sin revealed in the Bible is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit which the scribes who accused Jesus of doing His signs by demonic power became guilty of..
Would you say that unbelief and blasphemy against the HOLY SPIRIT are the same?

Dec 9, 2011

Sorry about my post Adstar
I didn’t read your post all the way through before responding and I tried to delete my post but the edit time was gone.

I apologize.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Rejection of the Message of God is only equivalent to blasphemy of the Holy Spirit if that rejection is held onto all ones life...

So if a person rejects the Message of God and then dies holding onto that position then it has the same eternal effect as blaspheming the Holy Spirit..

But again people can repent of their rejection of the message of God and be forgiven.. But one who blasphemes the Holy Spirit can never be forgiven for it..

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Sorry about my post Adstar
I didn’t read your post all the way through before responding and I tried to delete my post but the edit time was gone.

I apologize.
No worries seed_time_harvest.. :) .. Yes it is best to read a persons entire post to get context before replying.. But we can all get a bit to excited and jump the gun.. Such is life since we are all human beings. :giggle: