Sin

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dna454
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

Dna454

Guest
I am a sinner. And I have a defect. I want to understand evil. I have done evil. And I see me. I see me before, after when I am far from it and close to it. I wanted to understand evil and all I see is me. But I am not evil. Even though I have transgressed against God's law. What I am saying is that I wanted to understand and all I understand is me. So another way I look at it is that if you want to understand evil just understand yourself. Because that is what is at the other side. The way I see evil is that evil is a transgression against God's law. Like crossing a red light is a transgression against the law of motor vehicles. So if you cross the red light you are evil. You are still you but evil. You don't feel the difference. So doing evil to me is like being yourself there is no difference to me. The only difference is that when I sin I break God's law. Next question is what does God want. Those he want a world without sin or does he want a select few that will be perfect for his new earth. If God wants a world without sin then it is imperative that the city immediately forms ways to allow an individual to live a fulfilled life without ever committing sin. If God is looking for a few individuals in the centuries then it doesn't matter if there is evil in the world. The select few will be chosen because they have something innate that allows them to be chosen. As opposed to me that my life can be perfect and I would still sin to understand. Who I am is the problem. The fact that I want to understand evil impels me to come up with different approaches. The first one made me sin. The second one will be to read books. Although I am here in my ground zero I don't see much depth to evil other than my own reflection. So I am going to read and find out what God wants.
 
Also I believe that I am limited and I only go so far. And after a certain point I need guidance or an intervention to stop me from doing evil. Because my rationality only goes so far. So I believe that sometimes I need saving from myself because I am limited.
 
You need to know God and understand Him first. We can't see anything clearly when we look only to ourselves. God is Holy, and so He is Holy in all His ways. When you truly see sin the way that God does, you'll realize that you need His forgiveness and want to be restored to Him. If God is speaking to you, please drop everything and go to Him in prayer, Jesus alone can save you and it's Him you need. He separates His own from sin and gives us new desires away from sin. Please pray to Him and settle these things with Him. Get into the Bible yourself and pray for True Christians to come your way, and remember this is between you and Him. Please know also that I care for you and am praying for you.
 
Thank you Dawn. But I am a man that sinned tentatively. And I was trying to figure out what sin was all about. And I think sin is a violation of God's Law. I see sin as someone crossing a red light. I am grateful for your reply.
 
James Chapter 1:27
Religion that God our father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

I agree with all of this. Although the path I chose was to understand evil. And because I chose this path I have sinned. My life is the perfect example of

Proverbs Chapter 16:25
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death.

Now I live in America so that path I chose did not lead to death but it lead me to perpetrate sin. I do not condemn sinners because I couldn't stop sinning without any understanding. I have found in me a limited man that can not fathom all of reality around him. So I live my life based on my own limited understanding and beliefs. I think that I needed more to actually stop sinning. I sinned tentatively but even still I could not stop. I propose that the city do what God wants and call it a day. Otherwise the world will look like

Matthew Chapter 13:30
Let both grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell harvesters: First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned; then gather the wheat and bring it into my barn.

I believe that both sinner and righteous man are human. I believe that what causes a man to be a sinner and a righteous man to be righteous in our city is fortuitous scenarios. The sinner doesn't necessarily loose his battle against sin. And the righteous man doesn't necessarily win the battle against sin. Everything happens incidentally. So I believe that both are human and both deserve to go to heaven. I believe there is some information that was not included in the canon. Otherwise the whole world would live fulfilled lives without ever committing a sin. I believe this because of the people that inherited Christianity. According to history the first ones that inherited Christianity were the Romans. Constantine supposedly converted the Roman Empire to Christianity although there are Mithraic temples underneath some churches found. Constantine played a big role in the formation of the canon. And so did other Christian leaders. But the Europeans received Christianity much later. So somewhere between Rome and dark age Europe I think something got lost. Otherwise something was hidden in the dark ages to allow the church to reign over the people. The part that I believe is missing is the part that explains and teaches that a man is limited. Ensuing in the remedy and guidance of every individual under the sun. To allow a man to live fulfilled without sin.
 
Through experience I have seen that the only thing that works for me, to stop sinning, is something catered to my individual person. In my case what stops me from sinning is the fact that sinning is the same as living. The only understanding I can get from sinning is my own reflection. I see myself sinning. So if I just look at my own reflection I would be better off than sinning because that is all I see when I sin.Except that sinning is a transgression against God's law. Sin is not the workings of the devil.