sin

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

Kooper

Sorry about posting this on here. I actually thought about deleting it, but I really am feeling badly about it...
I don't do it because I want to. As a matter of fact, there are not even lustful thoughts that go along with it. I don't think about anything when I do it... I just count. And when I am done I feel miserable because I am unsure if I sinned and I do not even like the way it feels.
It is just like a habit that I cannot stop, just like picking a scab or whatever...

I can tell you on a personal level that I hate that feeling. It bothers me through out the day. Even after I've prayed for forgiveness and repentance. It becomes a lingering thought and feeds my guilt. That thought soon explodes into another act of sin. And becomes a downward cycle.

I remember that awful feeling when I am tempted.

It feels good on the outside. But after your done, on the inside, it feels as if something stabbed your spirit.

The mind must be renewed, and the body crucified. So, only then will your spirit be at peace. With the help of God, it can be done. Remember that our fight is not with flesh and bone, but with the powers of the unseen.

Bless you, sister, for sharing. I will be praying that you may be the victor in your battles.

V

valbends

troll thread?

And that's what I am asking... is it an issue (is it sin)?

niceguyJ

Feb 5, 2011
Sorry about posting this on here. I actually thought about deleting it, but I really am feeling badly about it...
I don't do it because I want to. As a matter of fact, there are not even lustful thoughts that go along with it. I don't think about anything when I do it... I just count. And when I am done I feel miserable because I am unsure if I sinned and I do not even like the way it feels.
It is just like a habit that I cannot stop, just like picking a scab or whatever...
What I put in bold is enough reason to not do it, isn't it? That should tell you something. Perhaps you answered your own question.