Singing on the mic should be banned

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

godsbluesman

the lobby is always full of people talking random anyway

Bella: Try "dragging" the ones you wanna talk to into the text only room :) way more quiet there
By the way-i saw your dragon-its red right? flyin over texas about 7 minutes ago!lol

P

Paws4Jesus

If I may offer a suggestion. If someone starts singing in the lounge or any other room other than youseing, perhaps the room should be ASKED if they would like to listen. If a group that is chatting would rather hear the singer, then the singer should be told by the ones WANTING to hear them, to go to yousing. If the majority of the room would like to hear the songs, then there are plenty of quiet rooms to go to and enjoy a wonderful conversation. Yesterday a kid came into the bible study room and just started singing right away. Never asked, etc so at the risk of seeming rude I just stated in the room that we were in the middle of a bible based discussion and could he take it to the yousing room. If anyone IN the Bible study room wanted to hear him, they could follow. He complied and left.

If I go into a room, and there are people singing, I don't make note of which room it is, I find another more quiet room because I may have been interrupting and after all, they were there first. There are many times music plays a huge part in praise and worship, who am I to be concerned, there are MANY other rooms, some of which are completely empty at times.

and WhiteKnight, you are more than welcome to find myself, Godsbluesman, Porchswinggal and a few others anytime you want a good bible study or fellowshipping, we would welcome it.

Might I add that I am guilty of asking to hear music in rooms other than the yousing room, However, I ask others IN the room if they would like to hear the singer and ONLY proceed when they unanimously agree. If ONE person rather not, I suggest it wait or all those that wish to hear it, go to an empty room.

God bless to all, and remember....... I love you all in Christ,

Jan 9, 2009
Thank you for saying those kind words, Paws4Jesus.:) Of course I am a firm believer in that old saying, "Actions speak louder than words"
And after all the garbage that was thrown my way after I first replied to this thread, I seem to be wondering why I am still here. I did ask a mod to remove my membership last month. That request was not honored. Instead I was asked "Why?...."

It is interesting that when a person asks to have their membership deleted it is ignored. But when I voice my opinion about something, like the topic of this thread for example, Someone will twist around what I've said and then later say: "This is my opinion" I wonder how they would feel if that was done to him. After putting up with that I am glad I didn't say anything about the people who hog the mic by getting on it and not really saying anything.
I am sure that would have really made him mad. :mad::mad:

If I were to want to sing; I think it would be courteous to ask the people in ....the lunge for example, if they would mind. OR they could ask whoever they want to sing to, to come with them into the you sing room. :)
Just some points to ponder. For what it's worth.

1still_waters

It is interesting that when a person asks to have their membership deleted it is ignored. But when I voice my opinion about something, like the topic of this thread for example, Someone will twist around what I've said and then later say:
That request may have been ignored because we get so many people who ask for their name to be deleted, but then they come back a day or so later with a new name. Getting so many of these is really a hassle for us mods.

As we see in your case, you did come back! You could of just left if you really wanted to leave.

Ok, now you seem to think I was twisting your words earlier. You made the comment in your first post

Now it seems to me that the people who were into the fellowship, prayer, and bible discussions are getting banned or simply leaving on their own. This really bothers me.

To which I replied with...

but on the other the same person is upset with their friends being banned!

To which your replied with...

I never said I was upset that a friend of mine got banned.

You then appeared to be saying I was twisting your words because I used the word upset to describe your emotions.

You did say it really bothers you. I guess maybe we could parse definitions here, but the main point you seem to be making is that emotionally it didn't set well with you.

My main point is that as a moderator when we ban others, then we have to deal with others being bothered/upset/emotionally not liking (you choose the word).

So I don't think I was really twisting anything. The main point is that us mods just have to deal with people's emotions not liking/being upset with/bothered when someone is banned.

W

wwjd_kilden

By the way-i saw your dragon-its red right? flyin over texas about 7 minutes ago!lol
:D yup
So that's where he headed! He must have gotten tired of the gray weather up here

Jan 9, 2009
Well, in my case you don't have to worry about that! I am soooo outta here and have no intentions of coming back. That should keep you happy.

There are other christian chat sites on the internet. I just sent a e-mail to RoboOp requesting my membership be deleted.
So you don't have to worry about my comi ng back here.

And as to why I came back before: It was to see if my request was honored. It was not. And since then, which was last month by the way, I have noticed a change in attitude towards me from some of my *Friends* here. Which proves my point about what I've said earlier.

S

schoolmarm

Wow! It is to bad people take offense to what everyone says.
I understand where Bella is coming from and I understand the mods point of view...Here is mine. There are times when words seem are hard to come by to express thoughts and feelings, at those times, music works for me. I try to be considerate of others and not sing in the lounge often, but on rare occasions. I pray we all can find a happy point on here and learn tolerance for one another in Christ. I do find it hard to keep up in the lounge at times and I have seen questionable conversations. I do NOT envy the mods and there jobs one bit.
Let us pray for one another and love each other as Christ does.
Blessings to all on CC.

cookie39

Oct 5, 2009
Praise be to the Lord God in Christ Jesus:
First, I would like to thank the Mod for a very outstanding job, in my prayers you will always be.
This is my suggestion to this situation: maybe we should get rid of most of the excess rooms. like you sing, you edify, and all other rooms which seperate us, and will weed out the ones who are here to be Christians and those who are here for worldly reasons.... either we learn to love the Lord by loving each other and being on one accord.... it is very wrong to not worship God, by the reason of another's fleshly desires to be worldly. nothing spiritual will ever be good or right or even ok to the flesh of man: this is only to them who it fits. We are followers of Christ and not of the wordl: for those who Come to a Christian site, demanding that christians not be christians need to find a worldly site to go to:
I also do believe everything should be done in descency and in order: no matter what room it is; noone should do anything without seeing if the room is up for it, and being followers of the Lord Jesus, we need to stop think of ourselves and allow that person to praise God and hopefully those who confess they love the Lord, will share in that praise.
I am a prayer room person, and I see my family come in and they want to sing and sing and sing, lol, and sing. But it blesses my heaart to know it is all to the Lord and they want to share the joy with us. I will not ask them to go to another room, when the Lord is or should be in all. I know some days God will call for more patients then others but it is all for his glory, if someone want to come in and ask bible question, WOW, why for the life of me would I turn them away, Oh wonderful Jesus, it may be something God has giving me to give them, and it could be something that may changed their life, for good by stopping, given up self and giving myself for others... rather it be through prasing God with them in song or in just the joy of the Lord they are feeling at that moment.

cookie39

Oct 5, 2009
And I want to also suggest that, To help the Mods and the site, the changes made to the site should come from the ones who finacilly support it, unless it is a complaint of misconduct that is against christians/godly ways. I believe every room in here should have it where christians can express their love for the Lord... even though I am prayer room lover, I still respect those who are their having a discussion, and I ask if it is ok if i pray for who ever it is seeking prayer.
I would never tell someone not to discuss the Lord, because it is room for prayer, I will politly ask. I do not say go to another room, wow, I will never understand that type of attitude if it is coming from a christian, but it is understood if coming from carnally minded people. even in the bible study we pray and play but it is all to the glory of God.

How would many like it if they were told that if they can't edify the Lord, and all their conversations are to be bound to the gospels of Jesus Christ while they are in the lounge, because this is the first room our visitors will see and hear when they enter in the site, and it does not hardly ever sound like a christian site for the things they discuss? or for if they want to talk about all things but christian things, they need to go to the random room. see there is a room for all things, which also in my opinion is to much division, which allows people to not be deal with the convictions of the Holy Spirit, when they get irratated by the presence of those who want to share their faith in the family of God.

I think if they are not at this site to edify one another and the body of Christ Jesus, if they are not here to learn of the Lord, fellowship with godly conversations, to teach if able; godly things, or here to get help in a godly way, the should not be here at all. to be here just because it has mic and cam, does not justify godly complaints.

I think all suggestions should be limited to those who support cc, that the mods can get paid for their troubles, and the people who are members of this site should be put in places where they have to bring forth godly fruits, like; patinets, love, joy, tolerance, GODLINESS at all times, and others; in which there is no law as the bible say. for random conversation should not be in the lounge. that is my suggestion move them to the random room,,,

gottcha, lol... didn't sound good did it?
Praise be to God, let everything we do, point back to Him. let not our good be evil spoken of, and lets not call good evil and evil good for God said this is an abomination to him... Again praise be to God. Plaese be patients with others and maybe we can learn something from them.

Last edited:
B

bella2005

godsbluesman I hear ya about the questionable stuff in fact most of the time my friends and I take off to the random room however people often follow behind and continue with there nonsense you know this is off the singing topic but I want to know when it became the in thing to "joke" around with someone and really alls you are doing is being mean then saying just joking at the end? Its disheartening anyway thanks everyone for your thoughts :)