Singleness: Blessing or curse?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Brogel7911

Oct 7, 2021
Oregon
I am learning the blessing. I have struggled with co-dependency issues in the past, and a pattern of not healthy relationships. When I decided to become sober and get a sponsor and work the steps, I was told that I needed to remain single in order to figure out who I am. I believe God has someone out there for me, but I am not entirely ready. Some days I wish I was, but I realize that this is my time to develop my relationship with God, and have him work out the deep seeded issues that still arise so that I can live up the calling He called me to be.