Sinking into depression

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
V

Victimized

I am separated from my husband of over 30 years. The verbal abuse and other issues finally caught up to me. Now I feel like such a failure and so incredibly lonely. I have suffered from depression for years, and every time I think I have hit bottom, that bottom falls out from beneath me and I sink to a new level. Not trying to complain, just feeling so hopeless. Am I so far along in my life that there is no chance for happiness? I have a wonderful counselor but often wish for death. The only thing that keeps me alive is the fact that I don't want to cause pain to my loved ones. I pray, read the Bible, try so hard, but each day is overwhelming. I find myself breaking down in public lately. When does it ever get better?

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
satan only attacks those he sees as a threat:

John 12:25
Anyone who loves their life will lose it, while anyone who hates their life in this world will keep it for eternal life.

John 15:19
If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

James 4:4
Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? Whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

1 John 2:15
Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

2 Corinthians 12:10
That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

1 Corinthians 4:11
Even unto this present hour we both hunger, and thirst, and are naked, and are buffeted, and have no certain dwelling place; [SUP]12 [/SUP]And labor, working with our own hands: being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we suffer it: [SUP]13 [/SUP]Being defamed, we entreat: we are made as the filth of the world, and are the off scouring of all things unto this day. [SUP]14 [/SUP]I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you."

Matthew 5:3
“Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 4 Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted. 5 Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth. 6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. 7 Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy. 8 Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God. 9 Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. 10 Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 11 Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12 Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Luke 6:20
“Blessed are you who are poor, for yours is the kingdom of God. 21 Blessed are you who hunger now, for you will be satisfied. Blessed are you who weep now, for you will laugh. 22 Blessed are you when people hate you, when they exclude you and insult you and reject your name as evil, because of the Son of Man. 23 “Rejoice in that day and leap for joy, because great is your reward in heaven. For that is how their ancestors treated the prophets. 24 “But woe to you who are rich, for you have already received your comfort. 25 Woe to you who are well fed now, for you will go hungry. Woe to you who laugh now, for you will mourn and weep. 26 Woe to you when everyone speaks well of you, for that is how their ancestors treated the false prophets.

Matthew 10:22
You will be hated by everyone because of Me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.

Philippians 1:21
For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. 22 If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know! 23 I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far; 24 but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body. 25 Convinced of this, I know that I will remain, and I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith

1 Thessalonians 3:7
Therefore, brothers and sisters, in all our distress and persecution we were encouraged about you because of your faith. 8 For now we really live, since you are standing firm in the Lord.

That feeling that you don't belong in this world? It's because you don't belong to this world. The fact that you suffer in it says you must be doing something right. God says to persevere. Paul said he would. Shall we do any less?

KALYNA18

Oct 25, 2016
I am separated from my husband of over 30 years. The verbal abuse and other issues finally caught up to me. Now I feel like such a failure and so incredibly lonely. I have suffered from depression for years, and every time I think I have hit bottom, that bottom falls out from beneath me and I sink to a new level. Not trying to complain, just feeling so hopeless. Am I so far along in my life that there is no chance for happiness? I have a wonderful counselor but often wish for death. The only thing that keeps me alive is the fact that I don't want to cause pain to my loved ones. I pray, read the Bible, try so hard, but each day is overwhelming. I find myself breaking down in public lately. When does it ever get better?
This is no wise giving you any counsel, but just answering your crys on here. There's always another side of everything. Negative positives, love hate, if you are like this from your abusive spouse, then be thankful God is leading you to the greener pastures with him. He will take away the loneliness, for he is our good Shepard, and knows how we feel, he heals the broken hearted. There is a prayer forum here, prayer warriors are standing by for you. The Joy of the Lord is our Strength.

Dec 3, 2016
Praying... that the Lord will open the eyes of your understanding that you can see the hope of HIS calling and your place IN CHRIST!

It helps to speak God's promises concerning you personally that apply to all that are born again!

Here's a few verses to start speaking out loud and meditating on as you PRAISE the Lord that His Word is true for you:

Daily Prayer and Meditation Scriptures

Psalm 100:4

Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise: be thankful unto Him, and bless His name....for the LORD is good; His mercy is everlasting; and His truth endures to all generations.

Psalms 118:24,25
This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.
Save now, I ask You, O LORD: O LORD, I ask You, send now prosperity.

Matthew 22:37, 39
Love the Lord thy God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your might (all physical possessions in this natural world, your body, your money, your stuff, etc)....you shall love your neighbor as yourself.

John 13:34,35

A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another...By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

1 Timothy 2:1,2
First of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men....for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.

Matthew 6:9-15
After this manner therefore pray: Our Father which is in heaven, Your Name is Holy.

Your kingdom come. Your will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For Yours is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever. Amen.
For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
But if you forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

1 Peter 5:6,7

Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:
Casting all your care upon him; for He cares for you. – TODAY I AM CARE FREE

Matthew 18:3

Verily I say unto you, unless you are converted, and become as little children, you shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.John 17:3
And this is life eternal, that they might know You the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom You have sent

*”KNOW” is to: be aware of, feel, perceive, have knowledge of, be sure of, understand.
(includes having the Father’s knowledge, the Mind of Christ - 1 Corinthians 2:16)

Romans 12:1,2
I declare to you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your body a living sacrifice, Holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service....and be not conformed to this world: but be transformed by the renewing of your mind (understanding, vision), that you may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

1 Corinthians 6:19, 20
Your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit which is in you, which you have of God, and you are not your own....for you are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

2 Corinthians 6:16,17
And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God; as God has said,
I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people....Therefore come out from among them, and be separate, says the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you. (in the OT see: Exodus 29:45-46, Ezekiel 37:27)

The Father's purpose for creating mankind was / is to be with us, and share Himself with us!
(see: 2 Corinthians 6:16,17, Ezekiel 37:27, Leviticus 26:12, Zechariah 2:10-11, Psalms 68:17-18, Isaiah 12:6, Psalm 46:4-7, Revelations 21:3, Luke 1:68, John 1:10-14, Ephesians 2:7)

Hebrews 12:14

Follow peace with all men (Matthew 5:9), and holiness (1 Peter 1:15,16),
without which no man shall see the Lord

Dec 3, 2016
Here's a few more...

[FONT=&quot]Philippians 2:13[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]For it is God which works in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure.

2 Corinthians 5:17-21[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; L00K, all things are become new.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And all things are of God, Who hath reconciled us to Himself by Jesus Christ, and has given to us the ministry of reconciliation;[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]To know, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto Himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be reconciled to God.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]For He hath made Him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him.

Romans 8:11-15[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If the Spirit of Him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, He that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken (make ALIVE) your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwells in you.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]For if you live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if you through the Spirit do mortify (put to death) the deeds of the body, you shall live.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]For you have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but you have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. (Daddy God, my Daddy, my Father).

Ephesians 1:17-19
The God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him....the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, and what the riches of the glory of His inheritance is in the Saints....and what is the exceeding greatness of His power to us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power.

Ephesians 3:17-20
Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love....may be able to comprehend with all Saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height....and to know the love of Christ, which passes knowledge to you, that you might be filled with all the fullness of God....Glory unto Him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us,

Colossians 1:9-14
For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that you might be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding....that you might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God....strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness....giving thanks unto the Father, which has made us able to be partakers of the inheritance of the Saints in light (Glory)....Who has delivered us from the power of darkness, and has translated us into the Kingdom of His dear Son....in Whom we have redemption through His Blood, even the forgiveness (destruction, removal) of sin.

Jeremiah 1:12
I will hasten (be on the lookout for, watch for) My Word to perform it.

Mark 16:15-18
Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature....he that believes and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believes not shall be damned....these signs shall follow them that believe; In My name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues....they shall take up (move out of the way) serpents; and if they drink (take in) any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

2 Peter 1:3,4[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Our Covenant with God – The New Testament[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Galatians 3:13-14[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Jesus Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law (of sin and death), being made a curse for us: for it is written, cursed is every one that hangs on a cross....that the blessing of Abraham would come on the gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

2 Corinthians 1:20

All the promises of God in Him are yes, and in Him amen (so be it), unto the glory of God by us.

Romans 8:16,17

The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit, that we are the Children of God....and if Children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Jesus Christ.

Romans 8:29-31
For whom He did foreknow, He also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of Jesus Christ, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren....moreover who He did predestinate, them He also called: and those He called, them He also justified: and those He justified, them He also glorified....what shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

Hebrews 4:14-16
We have a great High Priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession (confession of the promises in the Covenant)....for we have not an High Priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin....let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Ephesians 5:1,2
Be ye therefore followers (imitate, to act like) of God, as dear children; and walk in love, as Christ also has loved us.

Philippians 2:5,6
Let this mind (understanding, vision, and point of view) be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus....who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal (similar, agree, like) with God (causing intimate interaction in Covenant with God, to intimately know and have fellowship with Him)

1 John 4:16-19
We have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwells in love dwells in God, and God in him....herein is our love made perfect (mature, grown up), that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as He is, so are we in this world....there is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear: because fear has torment. He that fears is not made perfect (mature, grown up) in love....we love Him, because He first loved us.

Isaiah 48:17
So says the LORD, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the LORD your God which teaches you to profit (to have gain, be valuable, to do good), which leads you by the way that you should go.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Walking in the Spirit – Being Spiritually Minded[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[FONT=&quot]Romans 8:1-5[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit....for the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death....for what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh....[/FONT][FONT=&quot]that the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit[/FONT][FONT=&quot]....for they that are after the flesh do mind (understand, pay attention to) the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit (understand, pay attention to) the things of the Spirit.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Romans 8:9-14[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]But you are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, IF the Spirit of God is allowed to live in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of His.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And IF Christ lives in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]But IF the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead lives in you, He that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that lives in you.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]For IF ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but IF ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God (see 2 Corinthians 6:16,17)

Galatians 5:16-25[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]This I say then, walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. (the answer to Romans 7 is Romans 8)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]But if you are led of the Spirit, you are not under the[/FONT][FONT=&quot] law (of sin and death – see Romans 8:1).[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness (no self control), idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies (false teachings),[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]envyings, murders, drunkenness (intoxication), revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. (confess/forsake)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit[/FONT][FONT=&quot].[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
2 Corinthians 5:17
If any man be in Jesus Christ (a born-again believer), he is a new creature, old things are passed away, behold (L00K!), all things have become new.

1 John 1:6-9[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth[/FONT][FONT=&quot]:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another (our personal relationship with the Lord), and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanses us from all sin.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]IF we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness[/FONT][FONT=&quot].
(see Galatians 6:7,8)

2 Peter 1:4
whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these you might be partakers of the Divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust (carnal, physical desires based on the physical senses and the wisdom of this world).

Galatians 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ lives in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh, I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave Himself for me.

Philippians 4:8
Things that are true, honest, just, pure, lovely, of good report; if there be any virtue and if there be any praise, think on these things.

1 Corinthians 2:16
We have the mind (understanding, knowledge, vision, perception) of Jesus Christ.

2 Corinthians 10:3-6[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.

Romans 6:16-19[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.

Isaiah 26:13,14
O LORD our God, other lords beside thee have had dominion over us: but by You only will we make mention of Your name....they are dead, they shall not live; they are deceased, they shall not rise: therefore You have visited and destroyed them, and made all their memory to perish.

1 Corinthians 2:14
But the natural (carnal minded) man receives not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned (understood from God’s point of view, not man’s).

1 Corinthians 2:12,13
Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God....which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teaches, but which the Holy Spirit teaches; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

James 1:25
Who ever looks into the perfect law of liberty (Law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus), and continues therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

John 16:13-15
The Spirit of truth (the Holy Spirit) has come, He will guide you into all truth (God’s Word is truth) for He shall not speak of Himself; but whatsoever He shall hear, that shall He speak: and He will show you things to come....He shall glorify Me: for He shall receive of Mine, and shall show it unto you....All things that the Father hath are Mine: therefore said I, that He shall take of Mine, and shall show it unto you.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Ephesians 4:22-24[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Put off concerning the former lifestyle the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And that you put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Colossians 1:13
God has delivered us from the power of darkness, and has translated us into the Kingdom of Jesus Christ:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the remission of sins:

Ephesians 2:5,6
Even when we were dead in sins, has quickened us together with Christ, (by grace you are saved;)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

Colossians 3:9,10
Lie not one to another, seeing that you have put off the old man with his deeds;[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Dec 3, 2016
Here's a few more...

[FONT=&quot]God’s Love, Mercy and Grace - Encouragement[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[FONT=&quot]Isaiah 54:8-10, 14-17[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
In a little anger I hid my face from you for a moment; but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on you, says the LORD thy Redeemer....for this is as the waters of Noah unto Me: for as I have sworn that the waters of Noah should no more go over the earth; so have I sworn that I would not be angry with you, or rebuke you....for the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but My kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of My peace be removed, says the LORD that has mercy on you....in righteousness shall you be established: you shall be far from oppression; for you shall not fear: and from terror; for it shall not come near you....look, they shall surely gather together, but not by Me: whosoever shall gather together against you shall fall for your sake....no weapon that is formed against you shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against you, in judgment you shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of Me, says the LORD.

Revelation 3:8
Behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it.

2 Chronicles 16:9[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]For the eyes of the LORD move to and fro throughout the earth that He may strongly support those whose heart is completely His

Matthew 11:28-30
Come unto me, all you that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest....take my yoke (obligation to serve, and walk with God) upon you, and learn of Me, for I am meek and lowly in heart, and you shall find rest unto your souls....for My yoke is easy (gracious and kind), and My burden (service) is light (the Glory of God, the Holy Spirit, the anointing).

Isaiah 41:10,11
Fear not; for I am with you: be not dismayed; for I am your God: I will strengthen you; yes, I will help you; yes, I will uphold you with the right hand of My righteousness....Behold (Look!), all they that were incensed against you shall be ashamed and confounded: they shall be as nothing; and they that strive with you shall perish.

1 Thessalonians 5:23
And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Hebrews 4:9-11
There remains therefore a rest to the people of God....for he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from His....let us labor therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

Joshua 1:8-9
This book of the law shall not depart out of your mouth; but you shall meditate therein day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then you shall make your way prosperous, and then you shall have good success....Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be discouraged: for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.

Romans 5:5
Hope makes no shame; because the love of God is shed abroad (gush out, pour out abundantly) in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

2 Corinthians 2:14
Thanks be unto God, which always causes us to triumph in Jesus Christ.

1 Peter 5:6,7
Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God (promises in His Word), that He may exalt you in due time....casting all your care upon Him; for He cares for you.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Divine Health, Physical Well-being[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[FONT=&quot]Romans 8:11[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
But IF the Spirit of Him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you (allowed to live in us), He that raised up Jesus Christ from the dead shall also quicken (energize, make alive) your mortal body by His Spirit that lives in you. (see 2 Corinthians 3:17 – where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty, freedom!)

1 Peter 2:24
Jesus carried our sins in his own body on the cross, so that we, being dead to sin, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes you were healed.

Matthew 8:17[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses.

Isaiah 53:4, 5
Jesus has carried our grief (pain, anxiety, calamity, disease, sickness), and carried our sorrows (anguish, affliction, feelings of pain, sadness and sorrow): yet we did esteem Him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted....but He was wounded (to wound, to break, be slain or killed) for our transgressions, He was bruised (crush, destroy, oppress, to collapse) for our iniquities: the punishment (violence, rebuke) of our peace was upon Him; and with His stripes we are healed. (He took our wounds, so we could take his wholeness & health in every area of life)

Proverbs 4:20-23
Attend to My words; incline your ear unto My sayings....let them not depart from your eyes; keep them in the midst of your heart....for they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh....keep your heart with all diligence; for out of it flow the forces of life.

James 5:15
The prayer of faith shall save the sick (from being sick!)

Exodus 15:26[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If you will diligently listen to the voice of the LORD your God, and will do that which is right in His sight, and will give ear to His commandments, and keep all His statutes, I will not put any diseases upon you, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that heals you.

Exodus 23:24-26[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]You shall not bow down to their gods, nor serve them, nor do their works: but you shall utterly overthrow them, and destroy their images.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And you shall serve Adonai your God, and He shall bless your food and drink; and I will take sickness away from the midst of you.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]There shall nothing cast their young, nor be barren, in thy land: and you will live out the full span of your lives.

[/FONT]

Feb 5, 2017
When love feels dead, when life feels dead, we must renew it, by doing what we have come to fear. It can take a long time to pluck up the courage to 'step out of this place', only for the sensitivity to it, and the slightest uncomfortable feeling, to push us back into fear.

Ask God, what should I do? What is in my heart? You may find that you have already had those answers of what you can do, because you have asked many times, but the overwhelming fear (initially) led to a lack of desire to do these things. Loss of faith.

So if God says, climb a mountain, have faith and go climb that mountain.
If God says, go join that gym, go join that particular church, have faith and do it.
If God says, go for a walk, go sit by the river, go see nature, have faith and do it.

And do these with God speed, before your mind defeats your desire.

I think if we practise faith in God, then we start to bring our life back to life.

If we think too much about 'why' we should do things, then we end up defeating ourselves and not doing it. One must do things in faith and not question them too much. Our (bad) life experiences make us question things more, often leading to the conclusion - I am safer if I do nothing. But renewing our life experiences with the good, makes us question only why we did not do it sooner. It is an uphill battle, but how much do you want life to bring peace to you in your heart, the way God intends it to?

:)

I

Iamlearning

I can say very little but that I am here if you want to talk to someone, please DM me. I am being transformed little by little by reading the Scripture, and I had (have) big problems so have faith, the Scripture they've posted here for you is truly healing. Hugs dear and may God bless you always.

Dec 19, 2009
You didn't say who your counselor was. Were you talking about the Lord or some person you know? I might suggest you speak to a pastor or some other professional counselor. I used to have some rather severe depression and talking to professional counselors helped a lot. Also, there is the Lord himself. He guides us through tough times, if we are listening. I don't know why you separated from your husband. Maybe you should consider going back to him, or maybe you should stop thinking about him. Prayer is certainly in order, and remember that prayer involves telling the Lord what is bothering us and listening throughout the day for his answers. I know there is a way out of this for you, but you do need to be listening carefully to what the Lord is saying to you.

May 14, 2016
When we are in the place where you are, it is natural to feel sorry for oneself and to ask God, "where are You"? What you don't understand is that your redemption draweth nigh. You are currently grieving the last 30 years of your marriage as well as having so many mixed emotions right now with the major emotion being FEAR that you are believing nothing and questioning everything. This is normal. Healing takes time and while you are healing you will start to cry in public over something that seems so inconsequential and yet will remind you at the most inappropriate moment of a memory in your life's experiences. There are several community groups that I would suggest that you seek out if for no other reasons than to begin talking about how you are currently thinking and feeling (I'm suggesting a recovery group) so that you don't feel so all alone but will find that there are other people in your community going through the same thoughts and emotions as you are and you can make new friends and one morning it will dawn on you that something has changed because you will find yourself humming or smiling or wanting to take an interest in something new and will come to find that you are healing and that God has held you in the palm of His hand the entire time...just like that poem Footprints. Until then, just keep putting one foot in front of the other and don't give up and you will see that your life has a plan and purpose!

EarnestQ

Apr 28, 2016
There are also practical components to depression. Diet, exercise, bright light, and fresh air play significant roles in whether or not someone is depressed. Some people are just more sensitive to poor diet or lack of exercise or lack of light or lack of vitamin D than other people.

One of the best cures for mild depression is a health diet and regular exercise and vitamin D.

(I say this respectfully.) You can feel sorry for yourself because you are so depressed, or you can do what you can to overcome it.

Yes, life is tough right now. We all go through times like this. You deserve some sympathy for what you are going through. But only you can make the changes necessary to grow out of this situation.

Do you think maybe God wants you to learn how to face this kind of depression so you can help others overcome similar situations in their lives.

I think that is the way God worked it for me.

I am NOT saying you are wrong to feel the way you do. I am just giving you some ideas to pray about.

The Lord's love and blessing upon you.

Gabriel2020

May 6, 2017
Separate yourself from the the world and those that are of the world. Jesus said that your enemies are those of your own household. It won't be easy, but through the process of time ,you will no longer love the things of this world. Walk with Jesus daily. let him be your husband talk to him like you talk to anybody else. hold a conversation with him. he will commune with you.. Stay clean and do not commit adultry. that will be one of the devil's fiery darts shooting at you through temptation. May God be with you. I have faced the same situation ,and kept my mind on Jesus and was delivered. ,but it will not come overnight. wait on the lord and be patient. it will answer and reward you.

Taro

Apr 12, 2017
I will pray for you dear sister.

Dear Lord may You mend where her heart is broken and fill every empty space with Your love. Revive whatever peace and love that has died in her. Give her an extra measure of patience, endurance and perseverance. When her energy to press forward is lacking, pour Your power into her. May You erase the fears of her past, to create in her a brighter future. In Jesus name I pray, Amen

Apr 22, 2017
Victimized,G-d loves you, and all things work together for your good,
Jesus will never leave you nor forsake you,he cares,in all your afflictions he was afflicted.you are blaming yourself because of your supposed unrighteousness,Christ our messiah is our righteousness.
Except for him we have none.Who is he that condemns you(Romans the 8th chapter.Lean back into his everlasting arms and rest in his love.He has promised to never leave us nor forsake us.God loves ♡you and you are in my prayers!Shalom,
Peace and restoration(completeness)