Sinner and Lost

  • Thread starter Thread starter CayGord
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

CayGord

Guest
I need to share my story, in brief, because it has caused me no end of grief over several days and I have nowhere left to turn except find some salvation which seems to be out of reach.

I am not a good man. I am married with two children. I ran a financial arm of an organization and while married, entered into an affair with another married and Christian woman with three young children who she loves. I fell desperately in love with her and through my own faults, alcohol and other misbehavior, I pushed her away and back to her husband. Now she has left for good. I lost my job, her love, I am in a rehab facility and I don't feel like going on. I feel ultimate despair and my only hope is finding God but my sins way me down.

How can i begin to overcome the remorse, guilt and pain of this? I realize that this is all self inflicted and that I am a poor excuse for a human but hopefully, if I repent and devote what remains of my life to Gods work, I can do some good and this would not all have been in vain.

For those out there that will not judge me, please offer some spiritual guidance because I feel cornered and desperate and I have cried myself out.
 

Attachments

  • james 1.jpg
    james 1.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 70
The Lord has put you in a position to where you will call out to him. All you need to do
is repent earnestly and follow him. Been there myself, but realise it was him drawing me to
him. Keep your chin up, answer the call, he has plans for you, in him. Whom he loves,
he chastises. Cast all your cares upon him.
 
You fell....well all you need to do is get up, let your heart be healed (and that takes time) and bear the consequences of your decisions, start over, do it better...and cry...and you'll be fine (I know).
 
You have to believe in yourself and in the creator of the universe.because I understand we our not of this world is what Christian belief in a world of creation vs evoultion see the human.brain tells.us when.we do.something.wrong we repent
 
Romans 4;7,8.........Blessed and happy and to be envied are those whose
Iniquities are forgiven and whose sins are covered up and completely buried.

8 ..Blessed and happy and to be envied is the person of whose sin the Lord will take
No account nor reckon it against him.

Shew yourself approved...we all fall ...Go to Him your already forgiven...
Keep your eyes on the Lord and He will show His endless mercy...
Im praying for you....
You must stand tall you have children who need to learn how to get up...
Its not the fall that hurts God more than it is...what you do after you fall....
 
Hi Caygord, You aren't the only person to make a mess of things- look at David in the Bible. God can turn things around. Makes amends as far as you can with your wife and children. Wipe that other woman out of your mind. Ask God's help with your addictions. When you have completed rehab you need to ask God to help you find employment. Don't relive mistakes but learn not to repeat the behaviors that lead to them. God is merciful _He will not turn away a broken and contrite heart. Good luck and God bless you.
 
Sometimes we do things in life that later on we regret. Everyone does. What you did was wrong and many people have done wrong things. When I felt guilty and ashamed of my sin I felt bad every day. It is a process you have to take and understand that Gods love and grace is bigger than our understanding. I know its hard to understand this forgiveness but He doesn't ask from us to understand but to believe. Believe. About the thoughts you might have, they have to come because its gonna be the enemy and yourself telling you how not valuable you are. I recommend you to talk to God and tell him how you feel, tell him how repented you are and He will be there with open arms. Read the Bible, He didn't reject any sinner when they came to him.