Sinners/Luke Warm Christians You Can Stop Sinning You Just Don’t Want 2!!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 20, 2019
Of course He does. We can not save ourselves. This is a work of God's Grace in us. We can not be double minded. "That man should not expect to receive anything from the Lord." (James 1:7)
show me scripture that backs wat ur saying??

Feb 29, 2020
Please understand that the following is from a place of love, not hate or anger. I would appreciate the same in return if you choose to respond. Thank you.

Paul warned that in the last days perilous times shall come.

That men would be unholy, false accusers, despisers of those that are good, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. Resisting the truth having corrupt minds. These are reprobates concerning the truth.

I know those on either side of this issue will apply these things to the other. But God knows which side this applies to.

I am utterly in wonder of how mockery of others is so prevalent here.

Be careful about mocking those whom you perceive to be inferior to you. The scripture warns that God uses the foolish things to confound the wise.

The scriptures which proclaim the gift of eternal life to the unbelievers are wonderful.

But take heed also to the scriptures that warn the believers to continue in the goodness of being given a new life that begins in a sinless state (which the scriptures abundantly equips the believer with the necessary power to keep it that way, if he so chooses to put away the old man, to crucify the flesh, to suffer in the flesh, to take up his cross, to deny himself, to even leave his wife and family if it comes down to it, to be crucified to the world).

But I perceive that some have banished themselves from the ability of receiving correction from the scriptures by over analysis (being over wise, destroying themselves) and forcing scripture into their limited carnal minds’ box). And it doesn’t help to heap up teachers according to your lust who will tell what you perceive as truth.

Ponder this for a moment, can you be tempted to do something you have no appetite for?

The believer, through the power of the Spirit, needs to come the place of having no appetite for sin. The only way this can be done is by not obeying the desires of the flesh and of the mind.

Love is the fulfilling of the law by which all the commandments can be kept.

Dec 30, 2019
show me scripture that backs wat ur saying??
This is the definition of the word: Grace. "Divine grace is a theological term present in many religions. It has been defined as the divine influence which operates in humans to regenerate and sanctify, to inspire virtuous impulses, and to impart strength to endure trial and resist temptation; and as an individual virtue or excellence of divine origin." Wiki

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
I think if we stop giving you the attention you seek on this forum, you'll go to those other sites you must certainly be a member of and post there. You've apparently felt led to take your street ministry to the World Wide Web.
And here, you fail as you do on the street. Perhaps , if you believe in God, truly do, you might consider that a sign from God. That the spirit that is leading you to preach your false doctrine is not the God of the Christians. It rather is His adversary. And this is why your "preaching" is contrary to the actual Good News that Christ died to seal for eternity with His own precious blood.

You see, when you are in this thread telling the saints here how we can stop sinning, but in your judgment we just don't want to, and as you vary your writing so as to fall into text-speak, you fail to realize that you are incapable of leading anyone to the understanding you hope to impart in this latest thread.

Why?

Because you committed the unpardonable sin! Because you wanted to!
(Refuting Penal Substitution) Jesus Did NOT Satisfy the Wrath of God On The Cross!! <That thread of yours is Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. You in your judgment, and false leading and corruption of Gods words call God a liar and Christ a failure on the cross.

Jesse Morrell,(SpiritDove05) look to your own soul after that. For you are not forgiven according to God and His word.
The Book of Matthew chapter 12:31
"Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven people, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven."

God sees you!
And so do we. You are everything Christ warned the church to watch out for when false teachers would come about seeking to deceive even the elect.
Agree. It's saddening. What a loss for the Kingdom of God. I really have high respect for street preaching, but why do street preachers usually have these weird extreme doctrines. I talked with a few of them over the years. The ones I ran into either refuse the Bible (thinking it's the mark of the beast), or they are extremely legalistic.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
I agree with u some what, the hunger thing doesn't really stand, there are people out there fasting 4 40 days straight!! the body actually can go without food for 40 days!! and without water 4 about 3 days!! and as 4 the chemical reaction thing again sin is not a biological issue its a moral issue, we cant blame the hormones man coz we are in control of our hormones not hormones are in control of us.

2nd jesus said be (perfect) as ur heavenly father is perfect, again its a moral thing and why would jesus command something he new we couldn't achieve?

also are u telling me the God of the universe cant make us stop sinning if he wanted two? do u have a form of godliness but deny the power of ? 2 tim 3:5

im not talking about presumptuous sin im talking about wilful sin, im not saying its easy but at the same time theres effort that has 2 be put in, plus people don't have enough prayer life!! ask and u shall receive the bible says matt 7:7
pray 2 God and ask him 2 help u stop sinning!! dats what hes there for.

yes train the flesh, bring it into subjection gal 5:16 , resist the devil and he will flee james 4:7 don't wait 4 a state of perfection u have 2 strive 2 reach it.
I agree with u some what, the hunger thing doesn't really stand, there are people out there fasting 4 40 days straight!! the body actually can go without food for 40 days!! and without water 4 about 3 days!! and as 4 the chemical reaction thing again sin is not a biological issue its a moral issue, we cant blame the hormones man coz we are in control of our hormones not hormones are in control of us.
Have you never been hangry? Acted irritable or angry when you are hungry and acted in a unchristian way? Biology does play a factor. Of course sin is a moral issue. A teenager hyped up on hormones isn't sinful but it is a factor when they decide to have sex before marriage. The hormone isnt sin but what how they responded to the hormone was a sin. Hormones dont control us but are part of the flesh that plays into why the flesh can be considered weak. Did you know in increased amounts it is basically mental drunkenness.

2nd jesus said be (perfect) as ur heavenly father is perfect, again its a moral thing and why would jesus command something he new we couldn't achieve?
So either John contradicts Jesus or Jesus didn't mean what perfectionism tries to teach.

1 John 1:8 New International Version (NIV)
8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.

Scripture calls us to imitate Christ and become Christ minded. What happens when we do this? We are considered faithful. In faith we are what? By God seen as Righteous, justified, and blameless because we are seen through the lens of Jesus's Christ Atonement. That makes us seen as perfect. So in Christ we are seen as perfect already.

also are u telling me the God of the universe cant make us stop sinning if he wanted two? do u have a form of godliness but deny the power of ? 2 tim 3:5
Of course God could but then we would be a robot or slave. Free will doesn't stop at conversion. Never denied the power of godliness. Or God likeness. We are to abide in God the Spirit that teaches us holiness and the mind of God.

im not talking about presumptuous sin im talking about wilful sin, im not saying its easy but at the same time theres effort that has 2 be put in, plus people don't have enough prayer life!! ask and u shall receive the bible says matt 7:7

yes train the flesh, bring it into subjection gal 5:16 , resist the devil and he will flee james 4:7 don't wait 4 a state of perfection u have 2 strive 2 reach it.
Same goes with a willful sin. God judges the heart. King David willfully committed adultery and murder. But yet in the end he is said to have a heart after God. Point is yes he willingly sinned but he repented and went right back to following God even though he knew he had failed.

Agreed prayer can always be amped up. We can resist sin and pray for the Spirit to help us in sin. This is the journey of sanctification.

You cannot reach perfection in the flesh by our efforts. Jesus's Atonement has already made us perfect in the eyes of God. All we are doing is becoming more like Christ until the day of glorification. This ultimately will perfect us not just in the eyes of God but in ourselves also as we will no longer be weighed down by the curse of the flesh.

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
Agree. It's saddening. What a loss for the Kingdom of God. I really have high respect for street preaching, but why do street preachers usually have these weird extreme doctrines. I talked with a few of them over the years. The ones I ran into either refuse the Bible (thinking it's the mark of the beast), or they are extremely legalistic.
It is sad. However, I've found that most, not all, ministers of Gods words on the street also have a church. They take their duty to the word seriously enough to minister more than just twice a week. (Sunday, Wednesday, or Saturday, Wednesday).

While those who give the faith a bad image are like the Dove in question.Jesse. He's not just a Heretic and Blasphemer, he's well traveled in his efforts to misrepresent the words of God. As a self admitted (allegedly) former drug dealer. Which if he were actually repentant, that is under the blood of Jesus as we know.

I happen to know the person involved in the decision of this particular forum, linked as Sermonindex.net. Well, one of the persons I should clarify and say. And since this can be found easily enough in any search engine, particularly the link I shared, I think it important to post here because Jesse is intent on posting more and more threads while he's allowed here.
The purpose of sharing this is to inform members here unaware of Jesse's agenda all over the Net. If we take him seriously, i.e. respond as he hopes and in any fashion, he will be inspired to continue. As you saw in the video I posted? The talking over one another chaos in that video was not unique to JM's street ministry. He just so happened to be confronted by an actual church pastor that day.
First :
This pasting is out of order from what appears at the actual site I copied it from. Sermonindex.net):
"Jesse often beguiles many Christians because of his zeal and the fact that he takes a strong stand in promoting holiness and righteous living (as did Charles Finney who is one of his heroes). I applaude him on his biblical stand for repentance and holy living. However, his theology, especially soteriology are so heretical that I personally don't even consider him to be a born again believer. I know that many on this forum deny the doctrine of original sin. Perhaps it would be more understandable to think of it as each person born into this world is separated spiritually from God and lives in darkness. This is not to suggest that unsaved persons practice evil exclusively. They can do good things as well but they have no life or light in themselves and are "dead" and unless they receive new life in Jesus, are headed for destruction. I don't know why this is so hard to understand or accept. Maybe they reject the doctrine because it has been communicated as "total depravity" and because even unsaved people can exhibit morality perhaps even most of the time, people reject it. By the way, I am not a Calvinist. Jesse Morrell and Charles Finney his mentor formed their theology as a reaction against hyper-Calvinism. They went in the extreme opposite direction. Calvinism overemphasizes the sovereignty of God. Pelagianists overemphasize the ability and free will of man. Both are extremes.

http://www.puregospeltruth.com/the-heretical-theology-of-jesse-morrell-of-open-air-outreach.html

-Daniel

Edit: I just wanted to add that I do not believe that babies or children who die without Christ are headed to hell. I believe that God recognizes that they did not have time to find life in Christ or can't fully understand the gospel fully even if they were exposed to it and therefore God does not perdition them to Hell. I do believe in the doctrine of "age of accountability" which is hinted at in the scripture but is not clearly stated. "

And this, from the same site. That should appear as the first resource for anyone here who clicks on the other post I made that shared the search engine results for Jesse Morrell.

2nd:
Jesse Morrell was banned by the moderators from this forum for legitimate reasons.

Eli Brayley used to be acquainted with Jesse Morrell, and he pleaded with him to repent of his heretical doctrines.

I encourage you to peruse Eli's website - he presents the truth of the gospel, in the light of which Jesse's doctrinal views are shown to be unbiblical:
http://www.timothyministry.com/2015/05/top-10-posts-to-get-started.html

I'll flag up Eli's testimony as well - it's incredibly powerful, and formative in shaping his understanding of Scripture. I encourage you to read them:

(i) http://www.timothyministry.com/2010/05/about-eli.html

(ii) http://www.timothyministry.com/2013/01/my-experience-in-revivalism.html

May we come to a fuller understanding of the grace and truth which Jesus came to give us - freely!

E

EleventhHour

Jesus raises the stakes on his audience.

As well... the word although translated "pefect" the meaning is "complete."

E

EleventhHour

It is sad. However, I've found that most, not all, ministers of Gods words on the street also have a church. They take their duty to the word seriously enough to minister more than just twice a week. (Sunday, Wednesday, or Saturday, Wednesday).

While those who give the faith a bad image are like the Dove in question.Jesse. He's not just a Heretic and Blasphemer, he's well traveled in his efforts to misrepresent the words of God. As a self admitted (allegedly) former drug dealer. Which if he were actually repentant, that is under the blood of Jesus as we know.

I happen to know the person involved in the decision of this particular forum, linked as Sermonindex.net. Well, one of the persons I should clarify and say. And since this can be found easily enough in any search engine, particularly the link I shared, I think it important to post here because Jesse is intent on posting more and more threads while he's allowed here.
The purpose of sharing this is to inform members here unaware of Jesse's agenda all over the Net. If we take him seriously, i.e. respond as he hopes and in any fashion, he will be inspired to continue. As you saw in the video I posted? The talking over one another chaos in that video was not unique to JM's street ministry. He just so happened to be confronted by an actual church pastor that day.
First :
This pasting is out of order from what appears at the actual site I copied it from. Sermonindex.net):
"Jesse often beguiles many Christians because of his zeal and the fact that he takes a strong stand in promoting holiness and righteous living (as did Charles Finney who is one of his heroes). I applaude him on his biblical stand for repentance and holy living. However, his theology, especially soteriology are so heretical that I personally don't even consider him to be a born again believer. I know that many on this forum deny the doctrine of original sin. Perhaps it would be more understandable to think of it as each person born into this world is separated spiritually from God and lives in darkness. This is not to suggest that unsaved persons practice evil exclusively. They can do good things as well but they have no life or light in themselves and are "dead" and unless they receive new life in Jesus, are headed for destruction. I don't know why this is so hard to understand or accept. Maybe they reject the doctrine because it has been communicated as "total depravity" and because even unsaved people can exhibit morality perhaps even most of the time, people reject it. By the way, I am not a Calvinist. Jesse Morrell and Charles Finney his mentor formed their theology as a reaction against hyper-Calvinism. They went in the extreme opposite direction. Calvinism overemphasizes the sovereignty of God. Pelagianists overemphasize the ability and free will of man. Both are extremes.

http://www.puregospeltruth.com/the-heretical-theology-of-jesse-morrell-of-open-air-outreach.html

-Daniel

Edit: I just wanted to add that I do not believe that babies or children who die without Christ are headed to hell. I believe that God recognizes that they did not have time to find life in Christ or can't fully understand the gospel fully even if they were exposed to it and therefore God does not perdition them to Hell. I do believe in the doctrine of "age of accountability" which is hinted at in the scripture but is not clearly stated. "

And this, from the same site. That should appear as the first resource for anyone here who clicks on the other post I made that shared the search engine results for Jesse Morrell.

2nd:
Jesse Morrell was banned by the moderators from this forum for legitimate reasons.

Eli Brayley used to be acquainted with Jesse Morrell, and he pleaded with him to repent of his heretical doctrines.

I encourage you to peruse Eli's website - he presents the truth of the gospel, in the light of which Jesse's doctrinal views are shown to be unbiblical:
http://www.timothyministry.com/2015/05/top-10-posts-to-get-started.html

I'll flag up Eli's testimony as well - it's incredibly powerful, and formative in shaping his understanding of Scripture. I encourage you to read them:

(i) http://www.timothyministry.com/2010/05/about-eli.html

(ii) http://www.timothyministry.com/2013/01/my-experience-in-revivalism.html

May we come to a fuller understanding of the grace and truth which Jesus came to give us - freely!
They do indeed .....these street preachers are leading people into a big ditch...pushing major error and false doctrine.
And then they come here with there sinless perfectionism nonsense.

Dec 9, 2011
The Bible says that those who have been reborn of the SPIRIT of GOD WILL seek to purify themselves even as they are pure, so then according to the Bible there will not be Willful sin.

Sep 6, 2014
1 John 1:8-10
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

Feb 29, 2020
1 JOHN 3:6

Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

E

EleventhHour

1 JOHN 3:6

Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
It is Christ living within the believer that does not sin.....if you do not have Christ you are still in a state of sin because His righteousness has not been imputed to you.

Hosanna70

Mar 5, 2020
Of course He does. We can not save ourselves. This is a work of God's Grace in us. We can not be double minded. "That man should not expect to receive anything from the Lord." (James 1:7)
I don't mean to be rude, but God does not command us to save ourselves. He commands us to repent, which is in our possibility. It is then by the grace of God, and his sanctification that we are able to keep from sin and live the lives we're called to live

Feb 29, 2020
EleventhHour,

A simple question, respectfully:

Is that how you understood that verse when you began reading the Bible when you became a believer?

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
But take heed also to the scriptures that warn the believers to continue in the goodness of being given a new life that begins in a sinless state (which the scriptures abundantly equips the believer with the necessary power to keep it that way, if he so chooses to put away the old man, to crucify the flesh, to suffer in the flesh, to take up his cross, to deny himself, to even leave his wife and family if it comes down to it, to be crucified to the world).
So are you another who is claiming to be living a sinless life..

How many of these sinlessness in the current flesh believers are on this board ??

You along with all the rest of the members who preach this dogma will be judged by it..

Woe to anyone who has been deceived and deluded into believing this deception..

Feb 29, 2020
Adstar,

Let us follow along with the scripture, if you will:

“By the law is the knowledge of sin” ROMANS 3:20.

“I had not known sin, but by the law” ROMANS 7:7.

“Owe no man anything, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehend [summed up] in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself...love is the fulfilling of the law” ROMANS 13:9-10.

“Charity [love] shall cover the multitude of sins” 1 PETER 4:8.

And one of the fruits of the Spirit is love (Galatians 5:22). This is why the scripture says “Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh” (Galatians 5:16).

The implication of living a sinless life (according to the law) is made by scripture, I did not come up with this on my own or was taught this by anyone’s “dogma”.

Those that freely proclaim here that they continue sinning should take heed to the these scriptures:

“The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished: But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness...presumptuous are they...[they] speak evil of things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption; And shall receive the REWARD OF UNRIGHTEOUSNESS...sporting themselves with their own deceivings...AND THAT CANNOT CEASE FROM SIN; beguiling [deceiving] unstable souls...cursed children which FORSAKEN THE RIGHT WAY, and are gone astray”. 2 PETER 9-15.

I exhort all to examine themselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves! (2 CORINTHIANS 13:5.

Dec 9, 2011
1 John 1:8-10
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

STH response=My Interpretation of this scripture Is,It's talking about the flesh/mind.

9If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

STH response=My Interpretation Is ,this scripture Is talking about when a person realizes they can't get saved of their own strength because of the weakness of their flesh and just need GOD's grace.

10If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.
All have sinned and come short of HIS glory Is talking about the flesh/mind.
GOD will only accept perfection.

Mar 7, 2020
God say’s in Deu 30:11 my commandments are not far from you!! The Hebrew meaning for “not far from you” means its not beyond your ability.

1 corinth 10:13 you will not be tempted above ur measure but rather God will always give you an escape so u can bear it.

God doesn’t command the impossible, our moral obligations never exceed our abilities. God doesn’t send people 2 hell 4 wat they couldn’t avoid, he sends them 2 hell 4 wat they could have avoided, God knows the intents of the heart jeremiah 17:10 2 chron 28:9 he knows all the thoughts and imaginations of man, so he knows wat your capable of.

After all it would be unfair and unjust 2 send people 2 hell for the unavoidable. Phil 4:13 I can do all things thru Christ who strengthens me!! Cant jesus give you the power 2 stop sinning if u learn on him.

Matt 11:28-30 come 2 me you who are heavy laden and I’ll give u rest, my yoke is easy and my burden is light!!

Also wat situations are u putting urslef in that’s causing u 2 sin? Bible says 2 Corinthians 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.

If something or someone is causing u 2 sin come out from among them or it, why create a stumbling block 4 urslef rom 9:30-33

What sin is so strong dat u cant fight off!! Doesn’t the bible say in Matthew 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

Luke 21:36 pray dat you can escape the snares of dis world!! Wont God answer the prayers of those who seek him early proverbs 8:7 and pray continually 2 him Ephesians 6:18.

Isn’t the spirit willing but the flesh weak matt 26:41 and doesn’t it say if you walk in the spirit u wont fulfil the lusts of the flesh gal 5:16

Canal nature 1 pet 2:24
Hhmmm...Seems to me that somewhere in the bible Jesus said " Be ye as perfect as your Father in heaven."
So how do you reconcile that.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
Everyone on this thread who is sinless please raise your hand.