Sinning

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 27, 2019
I am a sinner. They are not grave sins but nonetheless insults to the Lord, especially since I commit them willingly. I even tend to rationalize them. It makes me highly uncertain about the pureness and prospect of my soul. So I don't deserve to be this Happy Felix I keep calling myself here. I confessed those sins to a priest and even he thought it was not so bad for me, and he saw logic in the process of committing them. I pray for wisdom, strength, and - it can't hurt - a lot of mercy.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
U dont need a priest. U need Jesus so he can heal your heart and take ur burdens. God bless u

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Yeah, what Demi said. If I were you, I would be MORE than a wee bit concerned about the status of your eternal soul. Not being mean, just being truthful.

Out on a limb here thinking you are Catholic? Yeah, I'd be more than a wee bit concerned....... Get out the KJV and read the Gospel of John............that will give you ALL the instruction you need to rectify your situation.

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
I am a sinner. They are not grave sins but nonetheless insults to the Lord, especially since I commit them willingly. I even tend to rationalize them. It makes me highly uncertain about the pureness and prospect of my soul. So I don't deserve to be this Happy Felix I keep calling myself here. I confessed those sins to a priest and even he thought it was not so bad for me, and he saw logic in the process of committing them. I pray for wisdom, strength, and - it can't hurt - a lot of mercy.
Hi HappyFelix, we all sin, sadly, both before and after we become Christians (though it is true Christians who recognize the lesser sins as well as the obvious big ones for what they are .. if there really is such a thing as lesser sins in God's eye's, that is .. and Christians are the ones who are always grieved/horrified by them, both the big and the small, as well the ones that seek daily/hourly forgiveness for them).

Question for you, it sounds like burning in Hell in the age to come is your principle deterrent for sin, IOW, Hell is the reason that you try not to sin, or are you principally grieved about sinning for another reason altogether?

Thanks!

~Deut

Jan 27, 2019
Hi @Deuteronomy. It was good and kind of refreshing to read your post. Frankly, my whole life seems to be focused on earning Heaven. I think I trust God to reward that, even with occasional sins. I am not so much guided by fear of hell as I am in love with Jesus.

noblenut

Nov 29, 2017
first know the difference between folly and sin, folly means to be wrong and sin is to do wrong, but we have all gone through the struggle of sin, and only Jesus can take it away which he did for me recently and i have not deliberately sinned since, but its a process, u have to first hate the world and your life in it, and then u testify, and after that u get convicted of the fullness of your sins and realize how unworthy u are, and then u are free and u will never do it again or it will come to mind

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
What ever we do we should never seek to justify our sins.. It is so much easier simply to acknowledge our sin to God openly without reservation and be happy that He is granting us forgiveness..

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Hi @Deuteronomy. It was good and kind of refreshing to read your post. Frankly, my whole life seems to be focused on earning Heaven. I think I trust God to reward that, even with occasional sins. I am not so much guided by fear of hell as I am in love with Jesus.
Hi again HappyFelix, that's great to know, as it seems to me that it's right where a Christian's heart & focus needs to be :)

That said, something that you just mentioned above is concerning. What do you mean when you say that you are "focused on earning Heaven"? How do you go about doing that (you know, practically speaking)?

Thanks!

~Deut

Jan 27, 2019
@Deuteronomy, just trying to live my life as God intended it to be. Being a good person, loving Jesus and finding ways to deepen that love, not hurting others, trying to bring others to him. Not very surprising, I guess.

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Hi @HappyFelix, no, not very surprising at all :) That said, my followup thought/question is this, if the good things that we choose to do can actually earn us a spot in Heaven, then why the Incarnation, and especially, why the Cross :unsure:

Thanks again!

~Deut

2 Corinthians 5
21 He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.