Sleep paralysis

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 26, 2019
Please give me your thoughts on sleep paralysis.

Is sleep paralysis evil?

JustEli

Dec 23, 2018
I have been attacked many times in dreams, and paralysis was a part of nearly all of them.
It was a struggle to even utter the name of Jesus, but once I was able to say his name, just
his name. Ive woken up every time.
hope this helps.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Nope. Perhaps looking into scientific studies explaining it will be more of a benefit. Asking strangers with no knowledge and a tendency to fill in the blanks with whatever they choose.

Feb 26, 2019
Nope. Perhaps looking into scientific studies explaining it will be more of a benefit. Asking strangers with no knowledge and a tendency to fill in the blanks with whatever they choose.
I think to think of the scientific explanation as the only explanation is to not be open minded about the possibilities , I do know that there is a scientific explanation but it is also nice to hear other peoples experiences.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
I think to think of the scientific explanation as the only explanation is to not be open minded about the possibilities , I do know that there is a scientific explanation but it is also nice to hear other peoples experiences.
Learning about experiences does not mean facts, still. And it still leaves things open for people to fill in the blanks with their own imagination. This is how falsehoods spread. If being against spreading falsehoods is "closed minded" consider me closed minded.

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
I have been attacked many times in dreams, and paralysis was a part of nearly all of them.
It was a struggle to even utter the name of Jesus, but once I was able to say his name, just
his name. Ive woken up every time.
hope this helps.
I've had the exact same thing happen to me a few times. I would muster up enough courage to say the Our Father with my eyes closed and it always helped except there was this one time that it didn't seem to make a difference. I had to say it 4 times.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
I think its usually attacks to implant fear into us. Its breakable in Jesus name

S

Stranger36147

You know, I always hear people talk about sleep paralysis, but I don't think I've ever experienced it myself. Maybe it's just one of those things that some experience while others never do.

7seasrekeyed

people will offer the 'scientific' answer and sometimes it could be so

I used to have this problem years back and also had an awful time even getting Jesus name out

I dealt with it through prayer and telling the enemy where to go during waking hours and all thanks to God, I have never had that happen again

and of course not everyone will experience sleep paralysis

PEACEBREEZE

Jan 12, 2017
I agree with one of the sisters who said that the enemy tries to use fear but it's breakable in Jesus name. When I was saved this happened to me for the first time. I remember quoting scripture fluently, I had yet to learn. There were times after it would happen, usually after I spent time worshipping and praising Jesus. It wasn't until I spoke the name of Jesus and then I would awake. Although there were times I couldn't speak so I would write Jesus with my finger in the air. When I was unable to move I would spell out each letter of Jesus in my mind and each time it would go away and I would awake. I asked about this and ppl would say this and that about sin but it would happen when I was the closest to God. I finally took my stand one day, I said Devil you don't have rights to bully me around anymore, I am a child of God. I read scriptures like psalms 91 aloud and proclaimed what the Lord has done. It hasn't happened since. Fear is not from God and God says over and over fear not. He shields us and covers us. We don't have to be bullied brothers and sisters, we are children of God!!!