smoking

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

Mooky

Hi all,
I have been aware of the health risks of this habit for sometime but it'sstarting to really bother me. Once again I have iritus whicj I am sure is because of my tobacco habit. Please pray that the Lord helps me quit before I get really sick. Its sometimes hard becaue my best friend also smokes and when we
are in doors she smokes. So it's even more challeing to quit.

Thanks in advance.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Lifting you up in prayer to the Lord for deliverance from smoking.

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord please strengthen, give your wisdom to Mooky and her friends, so that they stop smoking. Please help them Lord, and also heal their body from any effects of tobacco. Lord please bless them and you be glorified. In Jesus Holy name, Amen!

Dec 19, 2009
Hi all,
I have been aware of the health risks of this habit for sometime but it'sstarting to really bother me. Once again I have iritus whicj I am sure is because of my tobacco habit. Please pray that the Lord helps me quit before I get really sick. Its sometimes hard becaue my best friend also smokes and when we
are in doors she smokes. So it's even more challeing to quit.

Thanks in advance.
I used to smoke heavily. It took about six weeks for me to lose the urge to smoke, when I quit cold turkey, after a number of failed attempts. It's time for you to quit.

M

Mooky

Resurrection, did you or do you have any health problems to deal with which are related to your smoking?

Dec 19, 2009
Resurrection, did you or do you have any health problems to deal with which are related to your smoking?
It's hard to tell. I get colds very easily, and it seems likely to me my smoking contributed to that.

Jimbone

Aug 22, 2014
Oh sister I can't lie, to quit smoking is a very hard thing. I know it was for me, even more so if you are around smokers all the time. I don't know if I could have stopped while being around smokers all the time. Also I had to have a nicotine supplement, I personally used the fruity Nicorette gum. I also believe that leaning on and giving it to God is necessary. I think it was 2 full years before I could smell a cigarette and not crave it, but I didn't just want to come to say how hard it is, and give only negatives. The MAIN thing I want to share is how worth it quitting is. I still feel it is one of the best things I have ever done (outside of real life stuff like being saved #1, being Married #2, My sons birth #3 & #4 things like that trump it by far). It is tough, but it is so very worth it so I say go for it and pray you can put it down, you will not regret it.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
I am a smoker as well.
I don't like it and long to give up.

That may sound a bit weird but that's how I feel.

My problem is that I'm frightened to fail, when I have quit and smoked at some point after have had a smoke, I give up giving up.

I feel a failure.

If I could resolve God loving me even though I smoke then maybe It would be easier to stop.
I don't know I find it confusing.

Been told because I smoke then I'm going to hell whilst smelling like it.

Feb 28, 2016
we have some very dear friends that we've know for around 25yrs.- we met them when they
called us to trim their horses - they both smoked way back then and I guess that he was in
his early forties, but, they were and are very special to both of us, hub and me - anyway we
kind of went our own separate ways as he got a job driving over-the-road, and we all know how
things and relationships just continually change over the years, but of course not our feeling for
how much we love them...anyway, he stopped-by the other day after not seeing him for quite some
time on any kind of regular basis, and besides gaining a lot of very un-healthy weight, we couldn't help
but notice that his 'smoking-habit' had taken a drastic turn, he could barely take-in a drag and when
he did, he had a cough that would tear your heart to pieces...he is now in his early sixties, and we know
that he will soon die, just by what we observed that day - the sadness and pain we feel for him and his is quite
over-whelming, especially since the family were so into out-door life, 'riding and fishing, gardening',
basically they just loved and enjoyed the out-doors and natural living in so many ways...the wife is in
just as bad a condition as he is and their daughter is well on her way as she manifests their same
toxic behavior...and then there are her children, who are constantly exposed to the same things...

hub and I are both heavy, EX-Smokers and we do know that it is just a choice - we both quit in our twenties,
me, (2)packs a day and hub (3), and sometimes when we drank, one after another after another and even
if I woke-up in the night and couldn't sleep, I'd light up...we know what an 'all-consuming' HABIT it is...
The Holy Spirit has since revealed why we were so dependent upon them...
we didn't know each other then, and were both 'carnal'!
the 'last-fruit' of The Spirit is TEMPORANCE, and we believe the reason that this is, is because
it is the 'easiest-to-master', if it is a priority and desire...

sorry for being so 'long-winded':), but we feel such sadness and heartache, for the near future of
our dear friends is written on the wall, and the last thing we want to witness is the terrible suffering
that they will have to endure...