So here's my story...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
I am so sad every day. My entire life has been a waste. I am sure I am going to die alone. The depression is debilitating. All I wanted was my own family & to raise my kiddos the right way. Now I am almost 42. This is the age most normal people are sending their kids to college. My life is meaningless. Everyday is a constant reminder that I am a failure. I am giving in hell. I am sad every single day. It just gets worse and worse. I know I will never be happy & each day is a conformation of this.
Well, stop being a loser, and become a MAN.

Women like men. Not crybabies who whine about being a 42yo child who is all lonely.

Try asking a woman on a date.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
Debilitating depression......
Not hardly.
I've followed this thread since I've joined this site.
He complained years ago, cause of other men having control over women he wants to control.
Then went on to complaining that he should jave just had sex with who ever, while complaining women have sex with whoever.
Now he's 42, and complaining of never being married and having kids....
What he been doing all these years?

I know, nothing.

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
Well... this took an unexpected turn.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
I am so sad every day. My entire life has been a waste. I am sure I am going to die alone. The depression is debilitating. All I wanted was my own family & to raise my kiddos the right way. Now I am almost 42. This is the age most normal people are sending their kids to college. My life is meaningless. Everyday is a constant reminder that I am a failure. I am giving in hell. I am sad every single day. It just gets worse and worse. I know I will never be happy & each day is a conformation of this.
Two bits of the Bible come to mind as I've reviewed this thread you've periodically revived over the past nearly 3 years now to say more of the same thing. The first is Jesus walking up to the lame man at the pool of Bethesda, the one who'd been there for decades and asking him "Do you want to get well?" (John 5:6) Well do you want to get well, do you want things to improve in your life, or do you want to just spend your time telling yourself and everyone else why it's too hard and nothing is ever going to change and you're doomed to be miserable? Second is Samuel who was dealing with the great disappointment that God had rejected Saul as king. (And I'm not super familiar with the story, but remember the verse because one of my univeristy friends had it on her wall to tell her to move on from a crush that things didn't work out with) Finally God says to him " How long do you intend to mourn for Saul? I have rejected him as king over Israel" ( 1 Sam 16:1) and I think a similar question should be asked of you "How long are you going to live facing the past and you wish had been instead of looking toward the future and what you can make of it?"

And yes it takes time and effort and setbacks and disappointment; if you're suffering from serious depression it may take treatment and meds. But the biggest thing that's going to help is to learn to practice gratitude and to look for the good. And if you've got a roof over your head and food to eat today you have something to be grateful for. But nothing is going to change until you decide to do what you can to change yourself and your circumstances.

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
OP, keep in mind that marriage doesn't solve all one's problems. whatever unresolved issues one has as a single will take those same issues into marriage.

HoneyDew

Apr 30, 2011
Marriage doesn't solve lonliness. You can be married and still be lonely.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Since the OP is no longer with us, we can let this thread roll off into oblivion.

Status
Not open for further replies.