So how do I gain self confidence?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

leapfrogger

You're too young to be worrying about this. Go out and have some fun and go crazy in your singleness. Seek God in all that you do. In fact just plain go crazy period. I do it on a regular basis.

O

oopsies

Yeah, but what if God doesn't give me a girl. :(
Then He will have a different gift for you that could be even better! What we want isn't always the best gift for us. ;)

May 4, 2009
My other problem is that I don't really know how to make friends(guys or girls) in real life. Or really how to just have fun with other people in life.

O

oopsies

My other problem is that I don't really know how to make friends(guys or girls) in real life. Or really how to just have fun with other people in life.
What do you enjoy doing?

O

oopsies

Are you in college? If you are, there are a lot of clubs where people who enjoy these things gather together to hang. I know when I was at UBC, a lot of guys and girls would hang out at the arcade. I hear there were CS, DoD, and other competitions from time to time as well. You can also try new activities. I met some new friends from learning sailing and kayaking. It sounds daunting at first but it's pretty fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
K

kyote1

Gotta tell you,lots of good advice, but Leapfroggers sounded best. God will provide for you!

eugenius

Jul 17, 2009
I got an idea. Get on the webcam in chat. Have fun. Fool around. Best way to gain self confidence dude. I notice you just sit in chat and dont say anything. That wont get you anywhere. ;)

G

greatkraw

I have had cause to take another look at this issue.

Amazing how we know things but forget what we have learnt.

The Biblical model is that the man has a relationship with God and is engaged in his life's work. Then God brings along the woman who is to be a helper suitable for him.

See Adam and Isaac

It is important that you feel comfortable around women so just make a habit of befriending them without any ulterior motives.

We are all human beings.

May 4, 2009
I got an idea. Get on the webcam in chat. Have fun. Fool around. Best way to gain self confidence dude. I notice you just sit in chat and dont say anything. That wont get you anywhere. ;)
Yeah that's true, I ususally just watch on what's going on or listen while I'm programming, playing video games, or doing homework. But yeah, I should try that...