So, I’m back...and I’m agnostic now.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
H

HENOG

Welcome to CC!

And nope, never been baptised.
I think it is good that you consider our religion and all other religions too. :)
I think don't be too hard on yourself, Christianity is not for everyone.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
I think it is good that you consider our religion and all other religions too. :)

Whutt? Since when? Christianity is the ONLY true religion. And when Rose comes back to her senses, she'll realize that.. No offense, Rose.. lol

T_Laurich

Mar 24, 2013
I don't know whats more sad.... Seeing someone say that God may not exist after saying they were a Christian... Or seeing people who call themselves Christians and support this bull. This is not someone questioning their faith here... In my honest opinion this shows no signs of questioning faith... It shows something else...

Here is some interesting quotes on the topic from WineRose

"With all these different religions and endless possibilities, I just don't feel right saying that Christianity has absolutely EVERYTHING correct
Sorry, but I'm trying to avoid the Bible for solid proof and answers.
I might return to Christianity...if I feel that it is ACTUALLY the right path.
I have become agnostic for now, NOT because I have any issue with the lessons that the Bible teaches, or have anything else against the religion. This is just me taking a step back for the time being, mostly due to me recently having a bit of an epiphany that there are infinite possibilities out there.
Christianity, while it DOES definitely have some things right, is only one of these endless possible truths out there, whether I liked it or not.
It's just that I don't know who (God) exactly he/she/it is.
Yeah, now that I think about it, the word 'agnostic' wasn't really the best to describe my situation. I think 'deist' would be a better word choice. "

Sounds exactly like what the world says...
Christianity isn't the only truth, CHECK
There can be many gods CHECK
Its about the spirituality more than who God is CHECK
Religion is more about what you feel then truth CHECK
God's gender is arbitrary CHECK
Avoid the bible for the real answers CHECK
Christianity might contain some truths but not everything is true, CHECK

I could go on and on... Sounds identical to the world...

WineRose

Jan 3, 2017
Row A, Column 9
*Returns*

*Rereads and reviews all the comments*

Yeah...this thread could use some more of a certain thing...

...That's better.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
A personal relationship with the living Christ is the goal He desires and requires for each of us.
How could one say they "don't believe" in a person they know personally?
Could one sit across the table from someone at a meal and not believe they exist? Share coffee at a coffee house with a person and not believe they exist?

WineRose

Jan 3, 2017
Row A, Column 9
I don't know whats more sad.... Seeing someone say that God may not exist after saying they were a Christian... Or seeing people who call themselves Christians and support this bull. This is not someone questioning their faith here... In my honest opinion this shows no signs of questioning faith... It shows something else...

Here is some interesting quotes on the topic from WineRose

"With all these different religions and endless possibilities, I just don't feel right saying that Christianity has absolutely EVERYTHING correct
Sorry, but I'm trying to avoid the Bible for solid proof and answers.
I might return to Christianity...if I feel that it is ACTUALLY the right path.
I have become agnostic for now, NOT because I have any issue with the lessons that the Bible teaches, or have anything else against the religion. This is just me taking a step back for the time being, mostly due to me recently having a bit of an epiphany that there are infinite possibilities out there.
Christianity, while it DOES definitely have some things right, is only one of these endless possible truths out there, whether I liked it or not.
It's just that I don't know who (God) exactly he/she/it is.
Yeah, now that I think about it, the word 'agnostic' wasn't really the best to describe my situation. I think 'deist' would be a better word choice. "

Sounds exactly like what the world says...
Christianity isn't the only truth, CHECK
There can be many gods CHECK
Its about the spirituality more than who God is CHECK
Religion is more about what you feel then truth CHECK
God's gender is arbitrary CHECK
Avoid the bible for the real answers CHECK
Christianity might contain some truths but not everything is true, CHECK

I could go on and on... Sounds identical to the world...

Sooooo I'm evil/satanic now, apparently?

...Riiiight.

Mhmm.

Thanks for your input.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
The picture of the tiny orange puma's were great!
I have shared with about a dozen people across the nation.
Thank you

U

Ugly

Sooooo I'm evil/satanic now, apparently?

...Riiiight.

Mhmm.

Thanks for your input.
Wow. You got a lot more crap than I did. But I buried mine in the Streams thread. You made a thread and attracted more attention. That'll teach you :ROFL:

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014

Sooooo I'm evil now, apparently?

...Riiiight.

NOWHERE in his post did he say that you're evil. HE SAID that you sound like the world. It's baffling how a Christian can suddenly become an agnostic or deist or whatever foolish thing you think you are now. You cannot un-become being a Christian, Rose..

The sooner you realize that, the better.

What did you hope from us with this thread? Support, sympathy? Agreement that it's okay to be anything other than Christian? Or some unadulterated straight talk from people who DO know who God is, that He IS real and that the bible is the ONLY source to find the answers you're looking for. :/

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
No Scripture quotes, no condemnation, just a terribly sad heart , and a true wish that this was just click bait, but also a hope that the Lord will reach you. Welcome back.
Remember the story of the prodigal son? How the father was overjoyed to see his son return?

Well, it's kinda like the opposite feeling here. Someone who I thought was my sister is not. How can I feel anything other than sad?

We REEEEAAALLY believe that those that don't have Christ are eternally lost. How can I feel anything other than sad?

Joking and funny cat pictures are fine as far as they go, but they cannot cloak our sadness.

My sincere hope is that the Lord is drawing you to Him and that He will use us, and this platform to achieve that goal. Otherwise this is just another Facebook .

So please don't ask us to not try and love and reach you with the Gospel. We don't think true love exists without it.

WineRose

Jan 3, 2017
Row A, Column 9
NOWHERE in his post did he say that you're evil. HE SAID that you sound like the world. It's baffling how a Christian can suddenly become an agnostic or deist or whatever foolish thing you think you are now. You cannot un-become being a Christian, Rose..

The sooner you realize that, the better.

What did you hope from us with this thread? Support, sympathy? Agreement that it's okay to be anything other than Christian? Or some unadulterated straight talk from people who DO know who God is, that He IS real and that the bible is the ONLY source to find the answers you're looking for. :/
Woah. I'm not trying to be rude, but please calm down.

This was simply an announcement that I was getting back to posting on this site. However, since this revelation of mine, I did not feel comfortable with hiding my new beliefs from you guys, hence why I mentioned it. I am NOT trying to gain sympathy points from others, nor am I trying to encourage others to do the same.

Would you prefer that I hide the truth from all of my good friends and lie about my faith on this site, or that I come out and say it outright?

T_Laurich

Mar 24, 2013
First off lets not put you on a pedestal for "coming out".

Secondly, I think ladybug was saying is this.

No where did I say you were evil or satanic, I said you sound of the world...
You kinda reinforced this belief of mine by misquoting me and saying I implied you were evil and satanic...

I believe she led on to her next point which was, what do you expect for us to say? Do you expect us to be encouraging of someone saying God might not exist... That other religions contain truths that the Bible does not... That the bible should not be looked into for truth....

We are not saying you should keep this hidden.... Never did I say this nor has Lady to my knowledge...

I said it is sad that you called yourself Christian and now say these things. But, even with how sad that is, I find it sickening of others who call themselves Christian supporting you and encouraging you. Do not misinterpret this to me saying they can't be your friends or like you... But in this issue they should condemn you.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Woah. I'm not trying to be rude, but please calm down.

This was simply an announcement that I was getting back to posting on this site. However, since this revelation of mine, I did not feel comfortable with hiding my new beliefs from you guys, hence why I mentioned it. I am NOT trying to gain sympathy points from others, nor am I trying to encourage others to do the same.

Would you prefer that I hide the truth from all of my good friends on this site, or that I come out and say it outright?
I am calm. I'm also sad and shocked. Part of the title of this thread is "I'm agnostic now". So how did you think we would respond to that? And why keep posting pictures of cats whenever someone posts something that makes you uncomfortable? Why don't you tell us about these "new beliefs" of yours? Tell us what leads you to want to avoid the bible now, what leads you to think that you're gonna find the answers you seek anywhere BUT in the bible.

Jimbone

Aug 22, 2014
LOL, you had me on the first part, but "Christianity is not for everyone", while technically I agree "Christianity" is not for everyone, Jesus most certainly is. He is the ONLY hope man has at all of reconciliation to God, the ONLY way. He is absolutely for everyone. I do agree that truly seeking, truly going to the core of who you are, of truly seeking the truth of God is not only a good thing, but necessary to be reborn. God has to draw you to Himself, and He told us if we seek we will find, if we knock the door will be open. I trust God to lead all those that truly seek Him to Himself, and I believe it's smart not to just "believe to believe", I can only pray that God lead him to Himself, and offer anything I can to help point him in the right direction.

My first question would be "what do you have the biggest problem with?", which I would like to ask in a more personal, less public, one on one setting. I don't think public internet forums are the best place for talks like this, I mean God can use anything, but I am just speaking my own opinion from my own limited experience.

[U]WineRose[/U] I would truly love to speak to you sometime to share each others perspectives to get a better understanding of what we believe. Please hit me up anytime, I may even shoot you a message sometime just to say hi.

WineRose

Jan 3, 2017
Row A, Column 9
Okay, guys. Guys.

Looks like we're getting a little rowdy in here, so lemme clarify:

- I did NOT say that Christianity is all just fake. I still have a deep respect for the religion, and I genuinely believe that some, if not most parts of the general philosophy behind it all is true. I apologise if I worded it wrongly in my previous posts, but just know that Christianity is still near and dear to my heart, in any case.

- Even though I'm not a frequent Bible reader, I am not against anyone who reads and truly believes in it. Heck, for all I know, maybe it does tell the whole truth. After all, I am still in the questioning phase, and my beliefs aren't currently set in stone.

- I was, and still am fully aware of the fact that 90% of the people here on this site would condemn me and criticise my thoughts. This has never changed. And I would be absolutely mortified if some person read this and took the same path as me just because I said so. That should never happen, and I'm not, nor will I ever be, against anyone for believing what they believe in.

T_Laurich

Mar 24, 2013
So lets go to the heart of this issue...
Here are some of your words...

"Christianity, while it DOES definitely have some things right, is only one of these endless possible truths out there, whether I liked it or not. It's just that I don't know who (God) exactly he/she/it is.
With all these different religions and endless possibilities, I just don't feel right saying that Christianity has absolutely EVERYTHING correct
This is just me taking a step back for the time being, mostly due to me recently having a bit of an epiphany that there are infinite possibilities out there. "

So what is this epiphany you had?

WineRose

Jan 3, 2017
Row A, Column 9
So lets go to the heart of this issue...
Here are some of your words...

"Christianity, while it DOES definitely have some things right, is only one of these endless possible truths out there, whether I liked it or not. It's just that I don't know who (God) exactly he/she/it is.
With all these different religions and endless possibilities, I just don't feel right saying that Christianity has absolutely EVERYTHING correct
This is just me taking a step back for the time being, mostly due to me recently having a bit of an epiphany that there are infinite possibilities out there. "

So what is this epiphany you had?
Idk, really. It was just this idea that slowly faded into my mind over the past few weeks. It was only later when I decided to really think about it, and after that I started to take it seriously. So I guess you could say that was my epiphany.

T_Laurich

Mar 24, 2013
So you had an idea, that all religions contain many truths?

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Idk, really. It was just this idea that slowly faded into my mind over the past few weeks. It was only later when I decided to really think about it, and after that I started to take it seriously. So I guess you could say that was my epiphany.

But what made it "fade into" your mind? I know what you told me in PM, but have you been questioning it all during being a Christian? Like I said earlier, a person cannot just undo being a Christian.. The devil is doing all he can right now to lead believers away from Christianity. Don't fall for his tactics..