So I broke up with my first girlfriend tonight...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

laoshanlung

Apr 21, 2015
I didn't think I was going to care that much, but the word "Goodbye" really got my stomach turning. We both knew it was the right thing to do, so I certainly don't have any hard feelings toward her, and even though she's really upset with me, I know she feels the same. So... I guess, if you guys could pray for her to be happy and for me to grow up and learn from this, that would be good. Thanks y'all.

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
Why do you have to break up with anyone?! Don't you care about her heart and her hurt? Don't you know that when two people agree, they are one in the eyes of God and hurting the other party is like hurting oneself? that is the reason God hates divorce, it is about the other person and not about yourself.

I know challenges are there but through them we need to grow and not separate and hurt others. If someone hurt you, you need to forgive them 70 x 7 times, basically means, always forgive for your forgiveness depends on you forgiving others.

If you initiated it, go back to her, yes you can do it.

Sep 24, 2018
I didn't think I was going to care that much, but the word "Goodbye" really got my stomach turning. We both knew it was the right thing to do, so I certainly don't have any hard feelings toward her, and even though she's really upset with me, I know she feels the same. So... I guess, if you guys could pray for her to be happy and for me to grow up and learn from this, that would be good. Thanks y'all.
A very mature thing to say, I'm sure you will grow from tjis experience.

laoshanlung

Apr 21, 2015
If someone hurt you, you need to forgive them 70 x 7 times
You've got the wrong idea, Noose. She never hurt me; I hurt her. It would be wrong of me to stay with her, even though she wanted me to. I wasn't good for her, nor am I good for anybody at this stage in my life. I still have too much growing up to do...

And yeah. I do care about her, a lot. That's why I broke up with her.

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
You've got the wrong idea, Noose. She never hurt me; I hurt her. It would be wrong of me to stay with her, even though she wanted me to. I wasn't good for her, nor am I good for anybody at this stage in my life. I still have too much growing up to do...

And yeah. I do care about her, a lot. That's why I broke up with her.
You are making rushed decisions and at the worst moments, slow down and whatever decisions you are making should be towards getting back with her. Saying you are not the man for her when you are already part of her life is wrong. Getting back with you is what she wants meaning that she is willing to forgive, so you need to work towards that.

laoshanlung

Apr 21, 2015
Saying you are not the man for her when you are already part of her life is wrong.
Okay, I can understand why divorcing your spouse is wrong, but this is going too far. People need to be allowed to make mistakes sometimes, which is why we don't just marry people as soon as we take an interest in them. Me and her weren't right for each other, so it's better for both of us if we aren't together. It's as simple as that.

Please take your radical extremism and go. I don't have the heart to fend you off right now.