So Innocent, Yet So Dead Inside (A poem by BrianBaker88)

  • Thread starter Thread starter BrianBaker88
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

BrianBaker88

Guest
As you can see
I look so innocent from the outside
While I hide a angry person inside me
I keep it from you so you can never see it


Open it up when you're not looking
So stay away
Because you just might get hurt
It wants to come out
And I can't control it


It's taking over my life
Where are you
It's turning me against you
It's getting closer to my heart
Into my head
Please come save me


It's starting to turn my blood black
It's a monster I can't hold within
It wants to come out and destroy peoples lives
Including my own


So I stand here screaming
To kill my monster deep inside me
But it's not letting my cry hear anybody
Because the nightmare is just getting worst
And starting to become real


I regret letting this sin inside me and locked up
I didn't know what I was doing
I've lost the key
And now I need you lord


(Poem inspired by the song "Monster" by Skillet. Album: "Awake")