So many anti charismatic smear jobs allowed?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

kaylagrl

I mean not because of be saved. I mean because of not be a real christian. A Christian who lacks an important fact to be an real Christian. This is common pentecostal and charismatic teaching. Speaking in tongues as sign for to be baptised in the Spirit. So long I do not speaking in tongues, I am not received the baptising with the Holy Spirit. Ergo I am not an real Christian.
Nope, that is a sect called Oneness or Holiness Pentecostal, an offshoot. Mainline Pentecostals do not believe or teach you have to talk in tongues to be saved.

L

Locoponydirtman

Thank You, I appreciate that you are trying to cover this up. No one ever openly admits they believe in a license to sin. All you need to do is read their scripture reference and then how they interpret it. It does not take a genius to possess common sense.
You made an accusation, it's on you to provide proof.

Apr 5, 2020
Learn to understand the perspective from the other side, instead of subjecting yourself to confirmation bias.

You may still hold on to whatever you are currently believing in, even though you may disagree with the other side.

First, Amen!
I definitely agree.

But does it matter about the other side?
Did Jesus destroy what John the Baptist was doing?
Did John the Baptist destroy what Jesus was doing?
No one in the Bible destroyed others who were saved in Christ!

Apr 5, 2020
You made an accusation, it's on you to provide proof.

I took the time to pray and God revealed unto me that you need this more than I do. I definitely could be mistaken in what I have said. We are Family! And I rather you feel better about your stance than how I see it. I apologize for causing this issue. God Bless You!!

Jan 12, 2019
First, Amen!
I definitely agree.

But does it matter about the other side?
Did Jesus destroy what John the Baptist was doing?
Did John the Baptist destroy what Jesus was doing?
No one in the Bible destroyed others who were saved in Christ!
Whether signs and wonders ceased today or not is a non-salvific issue, meaning you are still saved whether or not you believed otherwise.

Perhaps, from people who hold the other perspective, they regard you who believe in the continuance of signs and wonders as destroying others too?

Apr 5, 2020
Whether signs and wonders ceased today or not is a non-salvific issue, meaning you are still saved whether or not you believed otherwise.

Perhaps, from people who hold the other perspective, they regard you who believe in the continuance of signs and wonders as destroying others too?

Jesus did say that False Prophets would look like sheep, be able to work miracles and show signs, but they would produce bad fruits of the Spirit. He then goes onto say they will be the ones who build their house upon the sands and be destroyed.

Now reread what I just wrote.

This also means, there will be good Prophets who do the same, but they build their house upon the "Rock!"

If I was a betting man, I would bet that only 3 out of every 10 Prophet is good. The others will be those on "Judgement Day" who claim, but I did miracles and cast out demons in Your Name. And of course, Jesus will reply back, I never knew you, depart from me.

I realize this is much to consider here. But what I desire for you to grasp is those 3 of the 10 that are Good Prophets. Because, if you end up lumping the good with the false in one batch, You will be going against God and what He said. The problem with the most of us in life, is that once we figure out who is bad, we never look for who is good. We simply go directly to assumption. And we all know the true meaning to when we "assume."

This means, because Jesus said it, there are Good Prophets who are currently ministering right this moment in time and you can see "Miracles, Wonders, Signs, good fruits, and they have built their house upon the Rock."

But that leaves the million dollar question, Are YOU able to tell who is who?

You won't be if you assume everyone with signs, wonders, miracles are automatically "false Prophets." And that is my point ultimately within this thread.

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
OK then, if you know that you are "Saved," why do you care what someone else has to say? Isn't God's Promise enough for you?
It is not the point. The point is that people come and tell you, you need to have the Gift of speaking in tongues, otherwise you are not a real Christian. This is false teaching. Ore people come and say Jesus heals you from your sickness, you need only faith. And of you stay sick its because of your lack on faith. This is false teaching.
I know that I dont need to speak in tongues. I know that if I stay sick it is not because of lack on faith. But many are deceived and brought in pressure because of those false teachings.

Apr 5, 2020
It is not the point. The point is that people come and tell you, you need to have the Gift of speaking in tongues, otherwise you are not a real Christian. This is false teaching. Ore people come and say Jesus heals you from your sickness, you need only faith. And of you stay sick its because of your lack on faith. This is false teaching.
I know that I dont need to speak in tongues. I know that if I stay sick it is not because of lack on faith. But many are deceived and brought in pressure because of those false teachings.
There is only 1 for sure thing you "must" do in this life to become Kingdom of Heaven "saved." That is to obey the Father's call and to "accept" Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior.

I know people who will argue that you must be Baptized either Jesus Name or the Titles. Baloney! Did the "thief upon the Cross next to Jesus get water baptized? No. And don't we read that Jesus said to him, "TODAY, you will be with me in Paradise?"

You don't need to speak in Tongues, or need to walk on water, or need to literally make a mountain move when you command it to move. You just need to "Accept Jesus" into your heart and "Believe" He is your Lord and Savior!

Jan 12, 2019
Jesus did say that False Prophets would look like sheep, be able to work miracles and show signs, but they would produce bad fruits of the Spirit. He then goes onto say they will be the ones who build their house upon the sands and be destroyed.

Now reread what I just wrote.

This also means, there will be good Prophets who do the same, but they build their house upon the "Rock!"

If I was a betting man, I would bet that only 3 out of every 10 Prophet is good. The others will be those on "Judgement Day" who claim, but I did miracles and cast out demons in Your Name. And of course, Jesus will reply back, I never knew you, depart from me.

I realize this is much to consider here. But what I desire for you to grasp is those 3 of the 10 that are Good Prophets. Because, if you end up lumping the good with the false in one batch, You will be going against God and what He said. The problem with the most of us in life, is that once we figure out who is bad, we never look for who is good. We simply go directly to assumption. And we all know the true meaning to when we "assume."

This means, because Jesus said it, there are Good Prophets who are currently ministering right this moment in time and you can see "Miracles, Wonders, Signs, good fruits, and they have built their house upon the Rock."

But that leaves the million dollar question, Are YOU able to tell who is who?

You won't be if you assume everyone with signs, wonders, miracles are automatically "false Prophets." And that is my point ultimately within this thread.
If you are referring to Matthew 24:24. some people believe Jesus was talking about the Great Tribulation.

Do you think we are in that period now?

kohelet

Feb 22, 2012
and here we have a fine example of what I said in the post above

Roger cannot keep his hands off anyone's thread who espouses the gifts or even mentions the Holy Spirit

I dunno, but it seems to me a good number of people have left that should have stayed because they were not constantly on the lookout to see who they could denigrade

it's really tiresome Roger. you must love the sound of your own voice and it's not very charitable to constantly constantly do what you and a few others are doing here

Yes, Roger's was the first name to come to mind when I read this.

Jan 12, 2019
There is only 1 for sure thing you "must" do in this life to become Kingdom of Heaven "saved." That is to obey the Father's call and to "accept" Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior.

I know people who will argue that you must be Baptized either Jesus Name or the Titles. Baloney! Did the "thief upon the Cross next to Jesus get water baptized? No. And don't we read that Jesus said to him, "TODAY, you will be with me in Paradise?"

You don't need to speak in Tongues, or need to walk on water, or need to literally make a mountain move when you command it to move. You just need to "Accept Jesus" into your heart and "Believe" He is your Lord and Savior!
Actually you might be mistaken. You need to believe he rose from the dead too.

Obviously the thief on the cross could not do that, since Jesus has yet to die then.

Apr 5, 2020
Actually you might be mistaken. You need to believe he rose from the dead too.

Obviously the thief on the cross could not do that, since Jesus has yet to die then.
This is easy to answer so I will answer this first.

If you as a human being concludes that Jesus is real and you need Him for Salvation, naturally you will believe everything about Him.

Apr 5, 2020
And I am not advocating against being water baptized because it is an outward confession to what happened inward within your heart.

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
Nope, that is a sect called Oneness or Holiness Pentecostal, an offshoot. Mainline Pentecostals do not believe or teach you have to talk in tongues to be saved.
I mean people, also in C C who told me, of course you are saved, but to be a real Christian you need the Gift of speaking in tongues. I cant find this teaching taught in the NT that every Christian has to speak in tongues ore was speaking in tongues.

Apr 5, 2020
If you are referring to Matthew 24:24. some people believe Jesus was talking about the Great Tribulation.

Do you think we are in that period now?

I do not believe in the Pre-Trib Rapture Theory. For one, it is less than 150 years old and "none" of the Church Fathers even spoke about, so I know it was never a staple of theirs or the Apostles belief. Secondly, the man who came up with this idea was long before considered a "Heretic." Which leads to as why are we adopting a "Heretics" Theory?

Specifically, we are definitely in the Dispensation of Laodecia. We are in that time and period where gender issues are a new norm, Science is now the majorities bible, and most believers are definitely "lukewarm." We currently have 2/3 of Africa infested with locust and it has now migrated to parts of the Middle East. This virus is not a mistake, but most definitely a plague. Not only will this circulate the world several times, but each time lives will be lost. It has affected stock markets and now is crashing economies And that is not even mentioning that Russia and Saudi Arabia are breaking OPEC Laws and causing the USA's oil manufacturing to come to a complete halt. It bothers me, because this will be what costs Trump his presidency. That leaves Biden. That opens the doorway to One World Markets, Government, Banking, cashless societies, and leads us to RFID Chip implants. Biden is currently backing Bill Gates chips that will be inserted into your hand, release the antidote to covid-19 virus, and it then leaves a mark upon your hand so they can know if you have had the virus cure or not.

Honestly, because the Jews are getting anzy, i believe we will see their Temple rebuilt within this years time. To me, that kicks off Tribulation. So to answer your question, We are right there on the doorstep to the final 7 years!

Last edited:

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
And then there are people here who say you aren't a Christian if you speak in tongues and you are in fact demon possessed. So don't lean on what you've experienced with a couple people you've met.
Its not because of my expieriences i made with people. Its because of the teaching. If people Rolling on floor ore noising like animals, this Sounds for me not as an act of the Holy Spirit. If "spiritfilled" people have no Problem to defend and believe the teachings of the RCC I doubt that this should be the Holy Spirit who is leading them.

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014

Thank you brother, but do you read my post?